Closed How the Ostento Stole Christmas [Looking for 2 more players]
Quote:
How the Ostento Stole Christmas

Rating: Medium
Number of Players: Any
Requirements: None
Rewards: 1 Red, Blue, or Green Mystery Box, [sp=snohberry]
Objective: Get back the stolen Christmas presents from the Ostento and its gang of Curlsa and Coiffaire.

On Christmas Eve in Szlazan City, all the children went to sleep with stacks of wrapped presents under their Christmas trees, eagerly awaiting the following morning when they could tear them open with zeal and enjoy the toys, games and sweets hidden inside. Imagine their horror when they awoke and discovered that each and every present in their homes had been spirited away overnight!

The police are having trouble finding the culprit, and are asking goodhearted Trainers to help with the investigation. They say that witnesses noticed an unusual amount of Curlsa and Coiffaire roaming the streets on Christmas Eve, and suspect that they may be under the command of a wily Ostento leader, a species of Pokemon known for its habit of stealing and hoarding trinkets. Please, kind Trainers! Help get those presents back where they belong!

People are still busy, so let's not worry about a minimum post rate for now, just keep in mind that there is a deadline for finishing this.
As much as I'd like to play Undyne for this, I think Kathira and her team would be better. Never mind that Kathira is very Undyne-y anyway.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Aaaand you're in. This should be interesting, given our characters. I'll give it another day or two, then post the thread if no-one else joins in.
I'm going to go ahead and close this now. Thread should go up later today.
Okay, it's obvious that my next post will involve punching Eli (or trying to, anyway). But I'm afraid I'm equally clueless as to how to introduce the Ostento plotline. I've half a mind to dig out a random generator of some sort.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Eli's a pretty evasive fellow. He mastered the flirt-and-sidestep maneuver a long time ago. I have an idea about the Ostento, though. How about Chatta comes back, Eli follows Kath to the tower somehow, where a bunch of people are angry with the Revivalists who may or may not have done some experimenting that disturbed the local Ostento line population and caused them to move into the city where they went ahead and stole all the presents?
I imagine considerable friction between Eli and Kathira regarding the Revivalists. I like that idea, although I will point out that this is non-canon for my adventure (in Szlazan too early). Shall I get Chatta back and attempt a punch now, or do you want to discuss a bit more?
Yeah, go ahead and do that. Go ahead and have Eli dodge the punch if you like, it'll help things get moving faster. We can always discuss as we go along.
Right, I've been thinking a bit more and I have an idea. What exactly did the Revivalists do to get the Ostento out? What if a black Unown from the Badlands showed up and drove the Ostento out with its power before leaving the area? It's still ultimately the Revivalists fault, but this particular bunch are entirely innocent!

If you're wondering about Black Unown, go look at my Jarovesu Event thread. It was an encounter with them that kicked off the Edge Specter.

If this is alright, I already have the draft ready to go. Sorry it took so long, my laptop decided to freeze while writing it, then I had to turn it off. Then it updated, restarted, updated, restarted again, and FINALLY let me use it some more. Windows.
So the Ostento got kicked out by some kind of Unown-amalgamate? That sounds like a good idea, go ahead and post it. Also letting you know that this is probably the last post I'll make before I go on holiday for a week. I'll see if I can write something quickly, but don't bet on it.