Pundertale (may contain spoilers)
With all the Undertale love we've been showing, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been made yet! So, here it is, a thread for the discussion of Undertale!

WARNING: The nature of the game means that many of the more popular/interesting/awesome aspects are spoilers. Tread lightly, said spoilers may be unmarked.

To start off, why don't we talk about our avatars? Who is/was your Undertale avi and why them?

Me, I couldn't decide between Undyne and Alphys because, frankly, they're both the most I'm like out of Undertale's cast. I just project my Undyne-ness onto the internet more. And I still have the fiesty fish-lady there. I feel I should point out that I, at least, do actually cook pasta properly. There is a time to tone down the awesome.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(I totally was the first one with an Undertale avatar I feel like this trend is my fault.)

My avatar is Papyrus at the moment for a few reasons:
-I couldn't find a festive avatar of my true favourite character
-Kyurem already has Sans
-Papyrus is the most precious thing and must be protected

Once the Christmas buzz wears off, I'll probably switch back the to spooky avatar I briefly had between the last Papyrus and this one; the good Doctor W.D. Gaster. Even though he barely qualifies as a character, Gaster has to be my personal favourite, because he's super duper mysterious and I'm a sucker for a good video game mystery. A lot of people think Gaster might be skeledad, which makes some sense, but what I don't entirely agree with is the personality we often see him given. A kind fatherly figure who had an accident and just wants to get home? For the only character in the game we're told to 'beware' of? (assuming that the 'man who speaks with hands' is Gaster.) Even characters like Undyne who most definitely want us dead are presented as cool, awesome and heroic. But from what little we know of him, Gaster seems almost malevolent to me. Take for instance, one of his followers who talks about him claims to be able to do so safely because he's holding a piece of Gaster, but then disappears completely after he's done talking anyway. That's just plain spooky, and I doubt Gaster is as nice as some people seem to think. But this being Undertale, who can say for sure?

Sans comes a close second because he's mysterious but not as mysterious as Gaster. I've watched far too many videos of Sans, especially Genocide Sans, although I don't think I'll ever take that route myself. Sans is also a true punmaster, he can always tickle my funny bone.

I rambled for a bit there, didn't I? I'll let myself out, but I'll leave this here as I go. Have fun.
So, my avatar is Doggo. Now, you may be wondering, "Who's Doggo?". Let me explain. Doggo is the dog at the sentry post after Snowdin village. I chose him due to the fact that he stuck with me.

There's something special about Doggo. He can't see stationary things, so if you don't move, he can't see you. This is the reason he dislikes Sans, because Sans can teleport. Now, if you pet Doggo, he begins to freak out, exclaiming "What! I have been pet!" and yelling pet, pot, and pat. I found this completely hilarious, and used him as my character.

http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Doggo
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
@Eon: So, is that gift-wrapped Papyrus for me? You shouldn't have! And that linked vid is AWESOME.

Personally, I'm not sure what I think of Gaster. He's the question of what happens to someone reconned via being dummied out of the game, only visible through hacking. And I don't like hacking, so I'm not fond of a character who doesn't exist in canon unless hacked into it. Then there's the mystery: I like mystery, but there comes a point where it's not so much 'mystery' as 'nothing'.
Yet Gaster is interesting. He's still real, even if reconned out. And everyone who knew him has been similarly retconned out...except Sans. THAT'S the mystery I want solved, exactly what Sans has to do with Gaster. All we have is a comment and the basement...

@Hawk: *pets without being seen to move* Alternatively, you could collect and equip the Toy Knife and use the Stick from the inventory. Do this with any dog, including Endogeny. You won't yellow their names in the Pacifist credits, but you will get a one-turn Spare. Keep the Stick in inventory and use it in battle for a silly scene against Papyrus, a one-turn Spare against Madjick, and a ratings boost against Mettaton EX.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Sans is sans-ational.

I would have Mettaton, but I don't like EX or NEO, and I would've had Asgore, but the avatar I wanted is spoilers, so I chose the second best character and the second best avatar - sans colgate.
I did have Lesser Dog as my avatar for a bit. Because best dog. D: Its head will pierce the heavens!

Undyne is best fish wife ever. Easily my fave of the game, though all of the bosses are great~ Speaking of Undyne, love the avatar, Kath.

It's crazy how, for as late as you joined in on the fun, you know so much about the game. x3 Props.
(12-30-2015, 08:52 PM)Orchestra Wrote: It's crazy how, for as late as you joined in on the fun, you know so much about the game. x3 Props.
I do my research. To be honest, I was originally avoiding everything to do with the game (including jacksepticeye's playthrough!) until I actually bought it...but then I caved and watched Jack's LP. Then I caved again and read the TVTropes page. Then I caved again and bought the game. Generally, along with playing a game, I'll look up a wiki and read the TVTropes works page so I can know as much as possible. I sniff out spoilers and learn them, though I don't like giving them away freely since not everyone likes to be spoiled as much as I do. And this is extremely useful for me, since there's no way I can beat the Genocide route.
@Kathira The thing with Gaster is that yes, most of the info we get on him is found by changing values in the game files, but Toby intended for people to go ahead and do that. We were supposed to find Gaster. I think a character in the game actually gives a hint about the files you need to mess with to get him to appear. But speaking of Gaster, I happened across this just a moment ago...

Dang it Toby, why are you so cryptic...

Anyways, I'm not interested much in Gaster, I prefer Easter eggs and the occasional comic video about Undertale
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]