RPG, anyone?
I'm guessing there's already a thread about RPGs that aren't Pokemon. This is not that thread.

This thread is about me. Specifically, my attempts to use RPG Maker VX Ace to make a game. Currently, I'm working on the planning for a puzzler based on parodying those silly 'Where's my [whatever]?' books. Mine is called 'Where's my dragon?' and includes a wasp, a scorpion, a wraith, a chimera, Kerberos, and a dead dragon.

This is, I need ideas. I've got all 22 puzzles worked out, and most of the 'story' behind each one too. Of course, I need the 'story' behind each puzzle being there. And any ideas for jokes, puns, satirical commentary etc. that can be added is always welcome. I'll post my planning file if requested.

Currently, I need:
What a dead dragon would have to do with a Sokoban puzzle.
Why a scorpion would want a 'skyscrapers' puzzle worked out.
What a butterfly would be doing with a light and mirrors puzzle (alternatively, I could turn this into a 'do not be distracted' puzzle a la The Witch's House, and have the butterflies able to cast illusions a la SCP-408).
General script ideas.

So! Thoughts?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(08-28-2015, 01:36 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: What a dead dragon would have to do with a Sokoban puzzle.

The crates/moving things in the Sokoban puzzle are actually giant supports for a xylophone. Turns out this dragon was actually a really big music fan - he played the xylophone, and he played pretty well to be fair to him. Unfortunately, he was rather... obsessed. When he lost his xylophone, he actually did a harry carry so that he could "become one with the music" and use his own body to play the xylophone, completely unaware that cartoons are not documentaries. When your heroes came along, the dragon had recently found some of the parts to his xylophone - however, he needs help getting the supports onto the xylophone, as it's really fiddly for his giant skeletal hands, and the only way this can be done is via a Sokoban puzzle.

(08-28-2015, 01:36 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Why a scorpion would want a 'skyscrapers' puzzle worked out.

Said scorpion is actually an evil mastermind. The reason why he's an evil mastermind, however, is rather interesting. Remember the Voltorb Flip guy from Heart Gold/Soul Silver? Turns out the scorpion used to play LOADS of that, it was bordering an addiction. Anyway, one day, he had a terrible losing spree. Essentially every tile he flipped over was a Voltorb. Fell all the way back down to Level 1. Shall I tell you what level he was before? Level 9. "But, Level 8 is the highest level," you exclaim. Exactly.

Either way, now that the scorpion is fueled by his insane rage, he wants to take it out on the entire town of Goldenrod - by bombing the place, with bomb-filled bombs. The trouble is, he needs to work out where to put his bombs - he's currently banned from Goldenrod due to the fact that he may/may not have been a drug overlord, and his memory is terrible. He needs to take out as many skyscrapers as possible. He can only see the skyscrapers from each of the 4 sides of Goldenrod (because he can't enter Goldenrod), so rather ironically, the only way he can get revenge for losing Voltorb Flip is playing a Voltorb Flip-like game.

(08-28-2015, 01:36 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: What a butterfly would be doing with a light and mirrors puzzle (alternatively, I could turn this into a 'do not be distracted' puzzle a la The Witch's House, and have the butterflies able to cast illusions a la SCP-408).

The butterfly is actually a HUGE tech wiz. He wants to build a supercomputer for... non-evil related stuff. Nothing to do with that scorpion, nope. Nothing at allllllllllll. Either way, he heard about this "optical fibre" fibbltyboops, and he wants to use it. Fortunately for the player, he has no wires with this optifabblyflip things in, so he needs to create it himself - the only way he has to do this is with all of these old mirrors his crazy ex left behind.

(08-28-2015, 01:36 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: General script ideas.

At one point, recite the argument between the two gang members in Romeo and Juliet. Give no explanation in-game as to why you did this.

All of this is, of course, assuming that this game is a dedicated parody game, and does not in any way take itself seriously.
The dragon is dead. It is not moving. It cannot speak. It is DEAD, not resting.

No references to Pokemon are going in this, unfortunately.

I'll have to think about the butterfly and R&J reference.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Rework the dragon one so that it has died (even after it turned skeletal), and you have found the ancient relics of its xylophone - which must be pieced together to solve some magical stuff. Or something.

The scorpion one could be reworked so that it's simply a generic city which really loves minesweeper (or, more ironically, the skyscraper game itself), and clarify that the scorpion refuses to touch the game ever again after his losing spree.