Vault Boy [Vault Tec Logs]
[Image: xGuXSh1.png]

Welcome to my little slice of Turquoise! This thread will be dedicated to my ramblings in the form of a blog. I'll talk about anything that comes to my mind that I feel like discussing, from the newest tech news to a new recipe I tried. I won't promise I'll be updating this regularly, because I won't. Just too much on my slate to try that! I'll include a table of contents below, with each containing a link to the entry mentioned. I'll also double this up as an AMA. Any questions you may want to ask me, feel free to post here, and I'll get to them whenever I feel ready! I won't guarantee no question will be ignored, but I'll still answer most!

[Image: mtSGMJ8.png]

Log 1 - Introductions - August 16th, 2015
Log 2 - Fall Update - September 25th, 2015
Log 3 - First Exam & October - September 28th, 2015
[Image: wqmrX48.png]

I suppose I'll start this blog out with a short summary of who I am. I won't go into great detail, but I'll give you enough to picture who I am.

My name is Skyler, and I've been interacting with online boards for about 8 years now. I've seen just about all of it, ranging from a TRPG Moderator here to a full on Administrator and Owner of a couple of boards. I don't interact online like I used to, in fact, I check both Turquoise and Slateport City maybe twice a week, but that comes with simply growing up. When I was first coming online, I was 15 years old, had no family to worry about, and high school was my biggest obstacle. Since then, I've established my own family, being married and having a son, have begun college, and deal with the trials of a full-time job in the mix. It's stressful and time consuming, but it's what I have to do to live the life I have now.

As far as offline past goes, my childhood was not one to envy. I had bad parents, a terrible brother, moved around constantly so maintaining friendships was difficult, and overall it left me bruised and scarred emotionally. I, at times, have dipped into times of depression. I have reached the point of wanting to kill myself. But I was able to pull through, and couldn't be happier that I did. Now, I'm free of all my childhood horrors. My parents are long gone, my brother is gone, I've established a home instead of a quick stop for a year, and I have my own family who loves me and I love back.

My interests range from baking cupcakes to playing games on computer and testing out mods and playing with different hardware components. I'm an avid college sports fan, my Saturdays are my one day off, and they are committed to college football. In March, I try to take days off for the madness and soak in every second of it. Games I enjoy are Civilization, Fallout (duh, check the blog theme here), Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and several, several other titles.

I don't have much else to say, so I won't say it. Until next time, this is Vault Boy.
(08-16-2015, 06:28 PM)Vault Boy Wrote: playing with different hardware components.

I feel like I may have asked you this on EGC or elsewhere, but what kinds of hardware stuff do you do? Do you build computers from scratch, or are you just messing around with circuits?
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

I build computers from scratch. I'll be building a new rig within the next six months and I've helped a lot of my friends build their own systems. I'll go all out - selecting every piece from the case itself to the processor.

I'm currently taking two classes on circuits and electricity in general. In one class we're studying the basics - Ohm's Law, Series, Parallel, and Complex circuits, calculating current and voltage, etc. In the other class it's focused on digital systems. We touched lightly on combination logic circuits in today's lecture, and we've played around with displays and LEDs. It's fun stuff and it's not too difficult, which makes me excited for getting further into the semester.
[Image: 9C08Qz1.png]

Good early early morning! It's been over a month since I last wrote in here, so I figured why not get a nice little blurb in?

I'm counting down to November 10. It's getting closer, and I can't wait to dig into my Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition box! I haven't been this stoked about a game in a long time, so it feels good to be excited. Especially since I'm kind of bored with all my games right now.

Which, that may be a good thing, as I've been in school for a full month now! College is going great again, and I'm loving every second of it. I like all my classes and my professors are awesome people. Loving what you learn means you picked the right major, so I'm heading in the right direction. I hope to continue my studies and earn a co-op this next summer. Not sure with who yet or where, but it'd be a great opportunity to get even more experience for my resume!

With fall and college being back, football has returned. I've turned into a nut for this sport, strangely enough, and I've come to like the Kentucky Wildcats, the closest major team to me. Unfortunately they aren't exactly a football powerhouse, as an example, they lost to the Florida Gators for the 29th straight time. If I was a die-hard fan I'm sure I would have lost it last week.

It's a bit weird for me, because while I cheer for UK a lot, I really don't have a team I live and die for like a lot of college football fans do. Which I feel like makes my Saturdays a bit more enjoyable. I'm not committed to just one team, I can enjoy them all equally and be equally happy or pissed at the result.

As far as the rest of the family goes, they're fine and good. Jared is growing very fast and it's exciting watching him grow up! Abigail is working towards going to school, wanting to study something in the medical field. Life's busy right now, but it's good. Everyone's happy, which makes me happy. It really makes me stop and just appreciate my life. The choices I made to get to this point, the sacrifices I had to make, it all climaxes here. And it's a great climax.

Well, it's 3 AM, and I think I work tomorrow, so sleep might be necessary. Goodnight and thanks for joining me. I'll write again when I feel like it.
[Image: CxFwaM5.png]

Good early morning! Hope everyone's enjoying their day by day lives. I'm just checking in here with another blog post. Figured I'd make the time frame a little smaller than last time.

It's been a wild weekend. Saturday was a great day of tailgating with friends and enjoying a lot of good football. Not too long ago I couldn't tell you anything about the sport, but I've learned to love it. It's a fun thing to look forward to in the falls, among other things. Sunday was full of rest and some sporadic viewing of NFL games. Got some work around the house done, cleaned up a bit, got this and that done.

Another week, another round of class and work. This week I've got my first exam in the basic electronics class I touched on last update. I feel confident in my abilities, being able to break down complex circuits and find the values I need. Other than that not much else going on with school this week. Midterms will be arriving in 2 weeks, so that'll be fun.

Work is more or less the same week in week out. Turn this on, turn that off, reset this, upgrade that, install this. Quiet and calm which is how I like it. Just my luck when Fallout 4 hits in November and finals crawl ever-so-closer we'll have a big overhaul and management will want Windows 10 everywhere. Not hard to do, just time consuming, which can make for some stress. And I've already got enough of that with finals. I thought the whole "You'll be freaking out" during finals was overly-dramatic, but I could not enjoy Thanksgiving last year because of all that I knew I had to do flowing through my mind constantly.

October starts Thursday. That means Halloween creeps on closer. I've seen a few displays out in stores now that back to school has been assuredly shoved into the backrooms until next July. I think this year I'll be Captain America. My son can be Bucky. Or not, considering he's kind of a Nazi assassin in popular culture today (At least until May 2016, get hyped for Civil War!).

Well, I rambled. And I bet I lost all of you by now. Enjoy your week as we roll into fall, and I'll see you all soon.