Something Fishy
Switching out the Unown in my party for Natu, and then starting the Fish Stories sidequest.
OOC: I believe you can only change your pokemon out while in a town. However, since you probably could have gotten to a town, changed out your party and moved back to this route within the time you've been waiting for an update, I think I'll give you a pass >.> Sorry for the wait... and the long OOC.

"Huh, whassat?" Mazu asked, the ferry master sitting on the edge of a dock with her line in the water, "You want me to teach you how to fish? Well, to start, get a rod!" she said with a laugh. Her Lapras, Ceirean, who was swimming nearby could be seen chortling at her master's teasing.

"Tell you what. I'll lend you a rod." she said, pulling out a girly pink rod covered in flower print with Munnas on it, "Mind you, this is just a child's rod. It's prone to breaking, so be careful. If you can fish something good up, I'll give you a real one. Now scram and go catch a big-un!"

Obtained the [Guppy Rod!]
Note: Not a real item.
OOC: Whoo, finally getting back into this. Anyways, Natu should be in my party now, in place of the Unown, I think? Thanks.

"Thanks for this fishing rod..." I replied, shaking my head. This piece of thing, a fishing rod in the most minimal sense, would have to do, I suppose.

Walking over to the edge of the dock, I peeked my head over the water, seeing if there was even anything worth catching. Seeing a few shadows, I stuck my head lower, trying to get a better look. "You gonna try and catch something, or are you going for a swim?" Mazu chortled. Embarrassed, I leaned back.

I was treading new ground. Zero experience with fishing, I didn't have a clue on what I was supposed to do. I guess I'll just wing it... I think I need bait? I pulled out some of Nibble's Pokefood, and pierced the hook through it. Taking a dramatic stance, I swung the fishing rod as hard as I could. I heard a plop, and then watched the bobber slowly drift in the water. It was just a waiting game, at this point.
Mazu watched as you waited for something to happen. Intently. In fact, she watched you so intently that it was distracting. Therefore you didn't notice as the floater was pulled below the water. You most certainly did notice the strong tug that followed, though, as it pulled you to your feet and nearly threw you off balance.
"Woah!" cried Mazu. "Looks like you've got a biggun there, kid! Go on, reel 'em in!"
"Auuwaghh!" The tug was so powerful and so sudden that I couldn't help but let out a cry. Gripping the pole as tightly as I could, I gritted my teeth and started pulling.

OOC: I'd like to nickname my Natu Noctam and my Beddybite Narcolep, thanks in advance.
OOC: Pokemon named. It's good to see you back. :3

With whatever was on the other end of your line getting a sneak attack on you, it was certainly a struggle for you to right yourself and real the beast in at the same time! Once you got your grip and started to reel, the battle was on!

The fish swam and fought, but it was still to deep down to make out just what the creature was...
This was too much for me to handle. Despite my incessant yanking and exaggerated grunting, the Pokemon on the end of the fishing line wasn't getting any closer to the surface. I was in need of some assistance.

Keeping one hand on the pole, I reached for my Pokeballs. "Go, Nyre! Grab the fishing pole with your jaws and help me pull!"
You fire-furred partner appeared, giving a stretch before leaping up and clamping onto the pole... Which only seemed to do more harm than good as he chewed away but couldn't get enough of a grip to pull. Releasing the now chewed-up fishing rod, the Feucrota stared at you and the rod, when an idea crossed his mind. He padded around behind you, opened his maw... and clamped down in your pants! With a mouth full of tush, the canine began to push backwards, the two of you slowly backing away from the water and bringing the fish closer.

Mazu watched nearby, arms folded and chuckling as she watched the duo work together. A click could be heard as she snapped a few shots with her cell phone to post on Chatter. Congrats on becoming famous~
Ignoring Mazu's antics, I gritted my teeth and persevered. With the extra strength pulling me from behind (literally), my job was made considerably easier. But maybe another helping hand would be necessary.

"C'mon out, Nibbles! Go into the water, and try to herd the hooked Pokemon towards the surface."
As Nibbles faded into a mere shadow in the water, the creature on your line stopped moving... Soon bubbles began to rise and the line jerked around, the pair of forms underwater fought darted around, dragging you along the dock before they finally stopped...

With the fish on your line finally calm, you struggled to reel in your catch; a heavy blue-striped Basulin! Seeing that a human had caught it, the Hostile pokemon began to flail and fight, breaking free of the line and flopping on the dock, bouncing its way toward you with gnashing jaws!

Fished up a grumpy Basculin!
[25] [sp=male] [sp=basculinb] 93/93 [Adaptability]
Noctam, use Peck!
Outraged at having been reeled in, Basculin started the fight by cloaking itself in water, then launching itself at Noctam's tiny form, doing a hefty amount of damage to the bird. Noctam tried to Peck back at the angry fish, but it didn't seem to do nearly as much damage.

The wild Basculin used Aqua Jet! (-36 HP)
Noctam used Peck! (-9 HP)

[23] [sp=f] [sp=natu] 37/73 [Synchronize]
[25] [sp=male] [sp=basculinb] 84/93 [Adaptability]
Naemon, use Shadow Sneak!
Noctam was withdrawn just in time to avoid getting hit by another vicious aqua jet attack from the rampaging Basculin! The fish circled around though, and despite losing some confidence at the appearance of Naemon's haunting look, surged forward to attack the newcomer. Naemon was knocked back a bit, but bounced right back up and disappeared into the shadows, only to appear a moment later with a blindingly fast sneak attack!

That's enough! Alexander withdrew Noctam!
Alexander sent out Naemon!
Naemon's Intimidate lowered the wild Basculin's Attack!
The wild Basculin used Aqua Jet! The wild Basculin's Adaptability activated! (-18 HP)
Naemon used Shadow Sneak! (-21 HP)

[27] [sp=m] [sp=bojina] 87/105 [Intimidate]
[25] [sp=male] [sp=basculinb] 63/93 [Adaptability] (-1 Atk)

Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Use another Shadow Sneak!
With the speed advantage this time around, Naemon wasted no time sneaking up on and hitting the progressively weaker wild Pokémon. The attack left the faceless badger wide open though, allowing the blue-striped Basculin to chomp down with added force! It would need to be taken out quick, or the aggressive aquatic attacker could spell trouble for Alexander's team.

The wild Basculin used Crunch! It's Super Effective! (-36 HP)

[27] [sp=m] [sp=bojina] 51/105 [Intimidate]
[25] [sp=male] [sp=basculinb] 42/93 [Adaptability] (-1 Atk)

Pokémon Turquoise

Use Shadow Sneak!
Naemon flitted through shadows to strike at the Basculin. Weakened and desperate, the Basculin flung itself at the Bojina, only to pass right through his semi-corporeal body, and leaving itself flopping around on the ground.

The wild Basculin used Take Down! It doesn't affect Naemon...

[27] [sp=m] [sp=bojina] 51/105 [Intimidate]
[25] [sp=male] [sp=basculinb] 21/93 [Adaptability] (-1 Atk)

Come back, Naemon! Nasidia, use Stun Spore!
Switching places with Naemon was the best thing for Nasidia to do considering the Basculin's incoming crunch might have knocked out the sightless badger. Taking the hit like a champ, Nasidia aimed it's spores at the rampaging fish, but the blue-striped opponent navigated fluidly through the cloud of spore to avoid being affected.

Naemon, that's enough! Alexander sent out Nasidia!
The wild Basculin used Crunch! (-14 HP)
Nasidia used Stun Spore! The wild Basculin avoided the attack!

[27] [sp=m] [sp=parasect] 80/94 [Dry Skin] @ [sp=tinymushroom]
[25] [sp=male] [sp=basculinb] 21/93 [Adaptability] (-1 Atk)

Pokémon Turquoise