Ask the cast (Revivalist Conspiracy)
Let's try some in-character interaction the Eli way.

*Eli bumps into Kathira/Revar*
Eli: Oh, hey there. So I just got my Trainers' licence from Gadari, but it looks like he made a mistake seeing as my card's missin' a few numbers. Don't suppose I could have yours to make up for it?

((Eli hits on your human characters with a bad pickup line. How do they react? If this over steps any boundaries you don't have to respond))
(07-12-2015, 07:57 AM)Eonrider Wrote: Let's try some in-character interaction the Eli way.

*Eli bumps into Kathira/Revar*
Eli: Oh, hey there. So I just got my Trainers' licence from Gadari, but it looks like he made a mistake seeing as my card's missin' a few numbers. Don't suppose I could have yours to make up for it?

((Eli hits on your human characters with a bad pickup line. How do they react? If this over steps any boundaries you don't have to respond))
It actually took me a minute to work that one out!

Kathira: I'm sorry, what? Wait, are you asking my mobile number? Oh good grief...*working this out for what it is, Kathira responds in he only way she knows how and punches him in the face*

Take two! Let's see what Revar has to say...

Revar: Sorry, mate, I'm het. Better luck next time, especially if you stop simply trying to pick people up and just talk like a gentleman to them, hm?

So, bottom line, Kathira hates people who hit on her and solves the issue the usual way. She'd rather simply make friends and have it spiral from there. Revar also hates flirts and puts himself on a pedestal above them; he's a bit 'holier-than-thou' regarding relationships, which is probably the reason why he's never actually had one.

Meanwhile, Chatta watches the entire thing with unconstrained amusement.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Okay so in a similar vein, what do your characters look for in a romantic partner, if indeed they look for one at all? Bonus question: is there anything they absolutely cannot stand in a person?
(07-15-2015, 02:25 AM)Eonrider Wrote: Okay so in a similar vein, what do your characters look for in a romantic partner, if indeed they look for one at all? Bonus question: is there anything they absolutely cannot stand in a person?
To be quite honest, I haven't given much though to romance for my characters. Frankly, I've never been interested, and I was gonna sorta ignore that romance is a thing for my adventure. They're not going to find anyone here, because I can't be bothered to write that.

As for what they hate, Revar personally is a bit of a prude and hates it when people flaunt themselves (via certain body motions or dressing very skimpily) or flirt. Kathira hates those too proud to admit the possibility they are wrong, bigots of all stripes, and those who will take the opportunity to laugh at someone who is too fragile to take it and/or cannot defend themselves well enough against it. The both of them dislike those who will willingly hurt others for any reason: pleasure, evulz, ambition, greed. If you show no remorse for having to hurt others, and focus too much on the big picture you're trying to save, then hurting for the greater good falls into this as well.
Which is why Revar distrusts and Kathira loathes the Revivalists: apparently, the current state of affairs is nowhere near good enough and the human state of affairs takes too long to change things for the better, therefore sending a bunch of young and relatively inexperienced trainers to what could well have been their deaths to get something to summon countless legendaries to do all the work for humanity, thereby possibly ruining the livelihoods of many citizens as well, is completely justified.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

Are you Arceist, Helixist or part of Church of Goomy?

Any of you has something along the lines of a "Berserk button"?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
(07-15-2015, 01:54 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

Revar: Uhhh...I regularly covered for my sister. Told the right lies, really. She, um, well...
Kathira: Street fighting. I've always been fond of a good scrap, and rules just complicate things unnecessarily. So I was part of a underground street fighting gang. We'd regularly fight each other, and sometimes went out and fought other people. I think I mugged a few in those days, but my brother and I would get our stories straight and lie to those asking about us. Some of the gang got busted, but my brother acting as a false witness kept me out of trouble. Then I had the bright idea to go piss off a dragon, which ended well.
Revar: That's the whole reason we're here, really. Paralthon isn't the best place for us to be, since someone will connect the dots at some point. Plus, the local league isn't that good, certainly not when compared to Sinnoh or Accolanto...So we decided to explore the Zencalian Federation and see if sis can really clean up her act. New Logora may focus more on contests, but beating its league would be good practice for sis to focus her violence on something more than hitting people and taking their stuff.
Kathira: Revar'll probably stay here, focus on contests. He's an old softy, really. I'll be moving on to Accolanto-Calvera afterwards. We might go explore Faelan at some point, not sure yet.

(07-15-2015, 01:54 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: Are you Arceist, Helixist or part of Church of Goomy?

World building time! Arceism is the dominant religion of the world, though atheism (sometimes called Mewism) and bizarro-Islam are pretty big. Helixism is a steadily growing religion that...well, you should know it already. Mystical Omanyte god and prophetic Pidgeotto and an opposing entire religion growing at about the same rate, Domism. Though only the fanatics decide to attack the other, most just agree that the two can co-exist to a certain degree. The Church of Goomy is currently a small cult considered crazy. Kathira is non-practising Helixist, Revar agnostic. Pokemon can have religious beliefs too, though they don't exactly 'practice': Xander is Helixist, Thelx Arceist, Petrice Domist, Chatta Wiccan. Cenax would be counted as agnostic, though he just doesn't think much of anything, really.

(07-15-2015, 01:54 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: Any of you has something along the lines of a "Berserk button"?

For the duo of humans, the other getting hurt is the biggest berserk button. Kathira also has: being seen as weak, being unable to fight, being completely without caffeine, baked beans.
Xander hates getting wet against her will. Rain, mister, getting splashed, none of it's good. She will willingly take a bath if asked, though, since she's decided to agree to the request. Closest thing Cenax has to a berserk button is someone espousing the virtues of Unown. Thelx is not easily angered. Petrice is a little obsessive: anarchy, or proclaiming the rules mean little, sets her off. Yes, this does mean she doesn't like Helixists. Chatta's berserk button is injustice and bigotry, which go hand in hand.
What kind of music do you listen to?
Where did you like to hang out when you were kids?
What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
What is your greatest fear?
What are your pet peeves?
If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
I've had to mentally switch gears multiple times recently, what with the move from Kelowna to Edmonton and the realisation that Student Finance England has taken so long to process that I've been kicked out of Loughborough for failing to pay. Still fighting to at least get my foundation year scores (I apparently passed the year) and thus I have an extra 'qualification' to get myself into a Canadian university once I have permanent residence.

All this is by the by, however, as I've sorta forgotten about my adventure here! Gonna get back into the swing of things by answering some unanswered questions here.

(07-16-2015, 02:15 AM)Eonrider Wrote: What kind of music do you listen to?
Kathira: 'Proper Paralthonian punk rock. Y'know, like the Damned, the Clash, Adam and the Durant, those guys.' [NOTE: Or Adam and the Ants, I guess. Specifically, she's after the original punk rock genre, not the sub-genres spawned afterwards. No matter how good Green Day and the Ramones are.]
Revar: 'Personally, I prefer prog rock. More variety.' *glares at Kathira*
Xander: ...Classical...don't tell anyone...
Thelx: Actually, I like a lot of video game BGMs...
Cenax ignores you, but trance seems to calm him down.
Petrice: I don't. I find natural sounds, like wind and rain, help me concentrate. Actual music just distracts and annoys me.
Giselle: What could be greater than the sounds of the opera? Don't talk to me about that trash my trainer plays.
Chatta: Heavy metal and all it's sub-genres. Most rock and it's subgenres. Quite a lot of punk. But mostly? Video game BGMs. [NOTE: Not kidding, about half my collection if BGM. Including from Pokemon.]
(07-16-2015, 02:15 AM)Eonrider Wrote: Where did you like to hang out when you were kids?
Kathira: 'I stuck to abandoned warehouses, run down parks, dark alleys, and wherever the cops wouldn't go. I did run around with a gang, after all.'
Revar: 'Sis forgot to mention that she and I would go on occasional walks in the woods. That's where the dragon incident happened. Normally, though, I just shut myself up in my room.'
Xander: My litter-mates and I would go around the dark narrow bit at the side of our breeder's house and have a scrap. We got told off a lot...
Thelx: There was this nice little dark corner in my breeder's cellar. I used to cling onto the ceiling there with some of the other sneaky kinds who lived there.
Cenax: Pretty little stones all around the tunnels! We'd dance and play there.
Petrice: I just sat on my breeder's shoulder and looked at her research on battling.
Giselle flat out lies, claiming to be the poshest of the posh.
Chatta: Eh, I mostly stayed at home, save the occasional woodland wandering.

(07-17-2015, 09:31 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
Kathira: '...I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.'
Revar: 'I, uh, I...I borrowed a book from the library, a-and I, uh, uh, I spilled coffee on it. A-and didn't pay the fine. A-and I still haven't, or, or payed for the books I forgot to return and, uh, and brought with me to New Logora.'
Xander: Wearing this STUPID HARNESS!
Thelx: I...I let Cenax throw a computer out of a window...
Cenax appears to feel no shame, possibly because he's not entirely attached to reality.
Petrice: I had to fire icicles at a...Transmite in human underwear. I know exactly what that is and why it is and I have no idea what that Transmite was wearing it!
Giselle refuses to answer.
Chatta: Yeah, I'mma sit this one out too.
(07-17-2015, 09:31 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: What is your greatest fear?
Kathira: '...I don't want to fail Revar...'
Revar: 'Kath getting herself killed. We've come close way too many times.'
Xander: I-I don't like water...
Thelx: I really don't like the idea of a psychic type looking into my mind...
Cenax appears to not hear you, but goes catatonic when faced with Unown.
Petrice:
Giselle: I just can't not look my best at all times! *is actually completely terrified of lightning*
Chatta: I'm actually kinda arachnophobic. Don't abuse this revelation like my ma does.
(07-17-2015, 09:31 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: What are your pet peeves?
Kathira: 'Why are baked beans even a thing?!'
Revar: 'People just can't get over themselves about my missing eye. Yes, it's gone; yes, I'm a cyclops and thus have no depth perception; why is this a big deal to everyone?'
Xander: Baths. So far, my trainer hasn't given me any, but it's only a matter of time...
Thelx: I know they can't hurt me, but little scurrying things like Cubone and Sandlash just...irritate me. [NOTE: Ground types. Sure, Levitate confurs immunity, but if that was taken away...]
Cenax: The little sparkles won't let me catch them!
Petrice: I may have a little [Hollywood] OCD...
Giselle: Having one or more of my perfect feathers out of place. I have a reputation to uphold!
Chatta: Are waiters and waitresses is restaurants psychic? They always come over to ask if you're alright when your mouth is full...
(07-17-2015, 09:31 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Kathira: 'Blaze of glory. If it's your time, die fighting for someone you love but don't rage about the fact that you're, well, going to die. Everyone dies, you just need to make yours AWESOME.'
Revar: 'I'd like to be very old and just fall asleep one day and never wake up. Sounds nice.'
Xander: Blaze of glory!
Thelx: Um, I'd really just like to avoid dying alone...why are we talking about this?
Cenax pales and conspicuously ignores you.
Petrice: I'd rather not die of something easily treatable, since that just seems to say you're an idiot.
Giselle: I'd much rather not die at all, thank you very much!
Chatta: I'd like to go quickly, relatively painlessly, and without expecting it. If I have to wait for it to catch up when I know it'll be there in a set time, I'd like to rack up a huge debt and party until I die of hedonism.

...That was a morbid last question...