Ask the cast (Revivalist Conspiracy)
Maybe I shoulda jumped on this bandwagon during the spree? Nah, my post count was inflated enough...

It's obvious what this is about. Feel free to ask any questions you like of Kathira, her brother Revar, and their pokemon: Xander the (female) Crocoal, Thelx the Dasfix, Cenax the Virlich, Petrice the Gravendou, Chatta the Chatot, and Giselle the Spraylet (Revar's other mons are currently unknown to me).
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Is Kathira/Revar going to keep Chatta the Chatot as a permanent Party member?
Yes and no. Chatta will not be used in combat beyond evolution. She will be kept around as a 'seventh/eighth' party member to provide silliness, talk, song, and crazy, but will not be kept as a battling member. Post-evolution, she will be dropped into the PC along with Petrice for gameplay purposes, but will see use as a character in story-heavy parts.

Chatta is in Kathira's party. Revar will only encounter her when he is with his sister.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Ah, I see. Well, that sounds kinda fun. That makes me want to choose one of the several pokemon I won't have in my main Party, but still want, and do something like that as well. Of course, that's only after I have developed Clara a bit more. I don't know when that will be. x3

Uh... let's see here..... Why does Thelx always seem to sit somewhere on top of Kathira? x3
a) It's a display of Kathira's strength (but will still likely stop when he evolves). Thelx is small for a Dasfix, but Dasfix in general are, on average, bigger than you'd think. Thelx is bigger than Kathira's other mons and, being part-metal, pretty heavy. Kathira is extremely strong, to the point of near-supernatural ability.

b) Thelx is one hell of a cuddlebug. If he's absolutely not allowed to cuddle up to his trainer, he'll cuddle up to any of her other mons that'll let him (usually Cenax who also likes cuddles).
Why is purple?
Why are both your and Kyu's threads more popular than mine?
(In all seriousness this is exactly what I hoped would happen when I made my thread)
Why is Xander female?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Time to do things with actual, in character responses.

(07-03-2015, 03:10 AM)MrKyurem Wrote: Why is purple?
Kathira: 'Because your face. Lay off the stupid, moron!'
Revar: 'You have to have been fed that question. What person would do that?'
Xander: Because red!
Thelx ignores the question and nuzzles you.
Cenax ignores the question and chases his own shadow.
Petrice: Is this supposed to be existential?
Giselle: Such a question is not worth my time.
Chatta: When is yellow? *wiggles eyebrows knowingly* Actually, it's because I like ice cream koans.

(07-03-2015, 07:09 AM)Eonrider Wrote: Why are both your and Kyu's threads more popular than mine?
(In all seriousness this is exactly what I hoped would happen when I made my thread)
Kathira: 'Because we're better than you.'
Revar: 'I don't know! You can't be any worse than us!' *sheepish look*
Xander: Cause I'mma kick your tail!
Thelx hugs you in sympathy.
Cenax ignores the question and plays with sparks.
Petrice: Maybe people are just more interested?
Giselle: Isn't it obvious? Peasant!
Chatta: No clue, I guess this lot are just more interesting? Maybe I'm more well known? Who knows? I know I don't follow your adventure so I simply have no idea what to say beyond my most common.

(07-03-2015, 11:41 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: Why is Xander female?
Xander: Um...I was born this way?
Thelx shrugs.
Cenax ignores the question and stares into space.
Petrice: Um...I think you'd have to ask the breeder... [NOTE: Or ask the mod who rolled Xander, I guess...]
Giselle: How can you possibly not know this? The same way you were born the gender you are, presumably.
Kathira: 'Oh, god, this. Okay, so I was dead set on getting a crocoal and naming it Xander.'
Revar: 'Which she did. Except my sister isn't as good with pokemon as I am and genuinely thought Xander was male.'
Kathira: 'And you told me at the Fire Festival. And I am so frustrated with that.'
Chatta: Ever watch 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'? An early Season 1 episode involved main character Xander Harris get possessed by a hyena spirit, the mythology of which has similar sources to Burungin's concept. I decided to riff on this and name the crocoal Xander, via the sign-up form. Then Xander was rolled female. I'm not complaining, it's just a mildly confusing Gender-Blender Name, and I'm pretty sure female is the rare gender of the Crocoal line. I then turned the gender issue into an example of how little Kathira knows or cares about pokemon.
Thelx, why are you so adorable?
Chatta, why are you speaking like if you'd be possesed by IRL Kath?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
(07-04-2015, 05:20 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: Thelx, why are you so adorable?
Thelx looks bashfully away. Awww.
Kathira: 'Damned if I know what the little ray's problem is.'
(07-04-2015, 05:20 AM)Inquisitor Wrote: Chatta, why are you speaking like if you'd be possesed by IRL Kath?
Chatta: Check this out! That's gonna be me in the main story, basically. In this thread, I'm even more my author so as to provide her thoughts, including actual explanations for certain things (e.g. Xander's name).
And what is the in-universe explanation?
For what, Chatta? There is none.
It's probably quantum, I guess.
How does the cast feel about me leaving them out in my updating spree?
Why is the word cast so similiar to word cats and why due to a spelling mistake that made the original question evaporate from my head, I thought about the concept of drawing you all as cats?
(07-06-2015, 01:42 PM)MrKyurem Wrote: How does the cast feel about me leaving them out in my updating spree?
Due to not being in the current part of the adventure, Revar and Giselle are unavailable for comment.
Kathira just wishes she could punch this Casey guy in the face already.
Xander wants to get to Verserecto and be unharnessed as soon as possible.
Thelx wants the fight over with already.
Cenax is off in his own little world.
Petrice is praying like mad. Please, for her sake, resolve the current move already!
Chatta chains you up. Now you have no choice but to update.

(07-06-2015, 03:55 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: Why is the word cast so similiar to word cats and why due to a spelling mistake that made the original question evaporate from my head, I thought about the concept of drawing you all as cats?
Kathira, Xander, Petrice, and Giselle all stare at you, wondering why something so pointless has been asked.
Cenax is Cenax. He rarely knows what's going on.
Thelx floats off camera to bring in a laptop, which Revar fires up. Chatta is all interested.
Being the intellectual type he is, Revar immediately sets to work looking things up. Thelx thinks this is the better way to answer a question: calmly and nicely looking up an actual answer. Chatta is highly interested in the answer as well.

The term 'cast', as in the actors in a work, comes from a specific use in the 17th century of the word 'cast', presumably the meanings regarding shaping things (usually metal) or the appearance of something. This meaning was originally from the Old Norse, kasta, which means to cast or throw.
The term 'cats' is the plural of 'cat', which means the small fuzzy feline thing, and originally comes from the Germanic root that provided the Old English 'catt' or 'catte', the Dutch 'kat', and the German 'Katze'. This term ended up heavily reinforced in English thanks to the Romans bringing across the latin term 'cattus'.

Ultimately, I think it's entirely a coincidence that it's so damn easy to typo cast as cats and vice versa. But if you want to draw the cast as cats, then by all means, go ahead. I'd like to see that.
How does the cast feel about Smogon's recent moves regarding Baton Pass?

What about Smogon's previous bans, like Greninja and Mega Mawile?
How does cats feel about the TCG overall?
How does the cats feel about lack of diversity in VG metagame?
(07-06-2015, 05:28 PM)MrKyurem Wrote: How does the cast feel about Smogon's recent moves regarding Baton Pass?

What about Smogon's previous bans, like Greninja and Mega Mawile?
Little world-building here, in the universe of Revivalist Conspiracy, battles are all run as personal attempts at fighting with Pokemon. There is no better or worse mon if you've built your team right, with smarts allowing for pretty much anything to be viable in any situation. Granted, so-called 'pseudo-legends' are often touted as being the strongest, and do indeed tend to dominate the world tournaments, but any team can bring them down with a sufficiently good trainer. One particularly famous tournament involved one particular trainer, famous for sweeping through five tournaments previously with a team of Hydreigon, Goodra, Salamence, Tyranitar, Salamence, and Metagross, sweeping his way through the tourney up to the final. Another trainer had decided to enter that tourney herself, with a team of baby pokemon, and somehow managed to get right to the final and, in a very close match, beat him into the ground.

There are know-it-alls who analyse every single match and try to find a 'metagame', but every tourney always finds some way of turning the current analyses onto its head, rendering it useless. Certain people of this kind have decided to start their own tournaments, but these follow strict rules that are stereotyped as banning everything that doesn't fit the current metagame, and these people are frequently laughed at because real trainers don't force the rules to change because they can't stand losing, they change themselves. They adapt. No 'banned' move or type or ability or item or mon is 'OP'. This is how REAL battling is done.

No more questions regarding Smogon, please, the forums are horrible to navigate and find what you're looking for so I honestly can't make an informed opinion about those bans as I can't bloody find them.

(07-06-2015, 05:37 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: How does cats feel about the TCG overall?
How does the cats feel about lack of diversity in VG metagame?
Poof! The cast are now cats. They are no best pleased. Except Giselle, but then she's always been rather catty...

The mons have no idea what trading cards are. Revar thinks it's an amusing diversion for them as has cash, while Kathira would rather all trading cards in the world be set on fire.

See above for 'metagame' business.