The Musical Thread
Don't think this exists elsewhere...

What musicals do you guys like? We're counting stage productions, straight to film, and film adaptations of stage musicals.

Personally, I like Cats, Chicago, Chorus Line, and Into The Woods. I've not seen the original stage plays of the last three, only film adaptations, but they're still brilliant. And I LOVE Cats. Got a video of one stage production, actually got to see another, and have the book the stage production was based on: Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. It's brilliant.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
*slams open the door* DID SOMEONE SAY MUSICALS (as a musical theater major, this kinda topic is right up my alley!)

I looooove musicals! There are very few I've seen that I haven't liked, and even then it's only "eh it's a little overrated" rather than full-blown hatred.

Broadway productions I've seen? (As in, shows that have actually been on Broadway and were performed professionally when I saw them.) Wicked (once in NYC, twice on tour), Lion King, Les Mis (okay, haven't actually seen that on Broadway, but once on tour and once in London!), Mamma Mia (on tour, fundamentally better than the movie holy crap) Jersey Boys (on tour), Newsies, Cinderella, and Phantom of the Opera (on tour, and actually the musical I was referring to above!).

I also had the fortune (?) of seeing Pokemon Live! back when I was six and they were like "yes a touring Pokemon musical is a great idea." (I love Pokemon Live, I am the one-woman fandom) I actually have the CD from that! (it's on youtube and cheesy as heck, please watch it)

I've seen a bunch of shows at high schools or colleges, including Chicago (I love Chicago), Music Man, How To Succeed In Business (Without Really Trying), Little Women and like a zillion more. MUSICALS, MAN.
Hmmm...heard of the musical Chess? I've only got the original music album of the concept, but I desperately want to see the actual production. Also, I've never been to the US and don't want to, so don't count on me ever watching any musical on Broadway! The production of Cats I saw was a local tour of Britain, I went to the Nottingham stop.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I have heard of it! I listened to about half of one of the recordings and Someone Else's Story is actually in my song repertoire! (I love it, it's fantastic)

(Also I don't blame you for not wanting to set foot in the US)