Paranormal, ghosts, aliens, Illuminati and other conspiracy theories.
As said in the title, this thread was made to discuss all the unbelivable and semi-belivable stuff. Are you belivers, Turquoise? Or are you sceptical? Or are you misunderstood geniuses who have realized the truth and have the walls of their room filled with newspaper scraps connected with red strings and circled with red markers, and soon world will thanks to you acknowlege the truth? *Wink wink nudge nudge*
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
I'm like 99% sure that the Illuminati is some dumb made up stuff to make washed up celebrities sound dangerous, cool, and relevant again. Just thought I'd get that out of the way since it's most improbable of the bunch to me.

Aliens, I could dig it. I am not of the belief that we have encountered aliens up until this point, but I am sure that there are other lifeforms out there, and that we just have to make contact somehow. There's all of these shows on the history channel that try to use aliens as an explanation for every little thing, which irks me sometime. I believe that if aliens have made contact with us by now, it would be a lot more apparent and we would definitely know it.

Now onto the stuff that holds a bit of merit. Ghosts. I don't watch a whole lot of the ghost hunter shows because a decent portion of that stuff is staged, but I'm not going to argue that ghosts aren't real because there's always a part of me that believes the opposite to be true. When I was younger, I had a friend whose house I would stay overnight at sometimes, and we would watch movies and end up falling asleep in his basement. Now, at this point I was in middle school, wasn't afraid of the dark or anything like that, scary movies didn't really faze me, and I had been to several friends' houses for sleepovers. Nothing was quite like the feeling that I would get in this guy's basement. It was a finished room so it didn't have the usual cold, dark, and damp basement vibe that you might expect, but something was still off about it. You'd get this heavy feeling in your chest, goosebumps randomly, and it just wasn't a place you wanted to be in alone for whatever reason. At this point in time, I actually had no belief whatsoever in ghosts, spirits, or anything of the like. Again, nothing really fazed me but the feeling I got from this place was just unnatural. I'm not sure if it was just his basement either. My friend who lived there had all sorts of weird things happen to him. Random feelings of things being over his shoulders or touching them, a ceiling fan in his room dropping while turned on and barely missing him (note that none of the fasteners that help the ceiling fan in place had been undone, it just dropped). The weird thing is that the feeling I would get from his basement, his house in general sometimes, wasn't exclusive to just me or him. Probably about 80% of his childhood friends confronted him later when we were in high school telling him about some weird experience or vibe they would get from his basement when we were all younger. Then the truth came out. He explained to us how his mother would actually worship Satan and make attempts to summon him or other spirits/demons through seances when they had first moved into the house, when we were too young to really know anything about that kind of stuff. You can argue against me if you want, but I'm certain that something came there from the negative things that were done, and is probably still there today.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Conspiracy theories including the Illuminati are incredibly stupid and I have no idea how they even crop up.

The Illuminati did exist, sort of. They were a secret society called the Bavarian Illuminati, and operated around the Enlightenment. All they were after, though, was to remove superstition and reliance on religion, and to protest abuse of state power. They were the sort of people who would scoff at the beliefs discussed in this thread and sorta revolutionaries. Then they got vilified by the establishment (religious and not) and here we are.

Aliens most certainly exist. Space is big. Really big. You might think it's a long way to the chemist but that's peanuts compared to space. Listen...aliens certainly exist in some way, although whether there are any as sapient as humans is up in the air. There almost certainly aren't any close enough to us for a proper first contact scenario, let alone the weird 'theories' the nutters come up with.

As for the paranormal...I definitely believe it exists, but only to an extent. And I'm also kinda psychically null. My Mum's the one who has all the experiences. She's seen ghosts of monks if the fog while on a park in my original hometown, that used to be an abbey. She's told the rain to stop just long enough for her to get to shelter. When her favourite relative (and the one who originally had psychic powers of her own--the powers skipped my nan as well) died, Mum just knew without being told. I'm inclined to believe her. It's subtle use, not the sort of thing that could be useful to the world at large. A ritual for good health is worthless without putting in the effort to keep yourself healthy. But the powers are there.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I'll echo other members in saying the Illuminati doesn't exist, and aliens do but we haven't found them yet. As for my stance on paranormal things, it's similar to my stance on religion; I'll believe in them when I have a paranormal experience. I hope I don't, though because I can't stand horror movies.
Eon, not all paranormal is horrifying. Did you read my Mum's experiences above?! That's just horror writers milking something they're afraid of for all it's worth to terrify the rest of us, so we distrust it in turn. Nope, paranormal experiences can be perfectly not-scary, just awe-inspiring or something.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
I suppose that's true. I guess I just hear more about the horrifying ones because those are what get people interested.
The whole Illuminati, secret societies ruling the world and JFK/CIA are... Well, they make some sense which is not none, but still have very little of it, IMO. Although they're funny. Very funny, especially the more Dan Brown-ish ones. I mean, surely there are things like Masonry, but the conspiracy things are simply too over the top.

My opinion on aliens is... Quite similiar to what others above think, and again, the theories are just cheap comedy to me, especially Daniken and similiar stuff.

The thing about general paranormal stuff is that... I really don't know what to think of it... On the first side, there are really no reasons for me to belive it, since the relations never come from most belivable sources, on the other hand though, there are so many of them and they genuinly sound realistic.

And the last part, cryptozoology... That one is actually the one I kinda belive... I mean, the amounts of animal species and subspeices we already know, in comparision to calculated possible amounts, is so low there is probablilty that some ot these are real. Maybe not yeti, or nessie, but things like blue tigers, par example...
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
That's actually the reason BRIAN BLESSED!!! gives for believing that yeti exist. I mean, the mountain gorilla wasn't discovered that long ago, just 1902. A gorilla.

Personally, I'm thinking that there's more likely to be aquatic cryptids than land-dwelling or avian ones. It's the sea we know the least about so if certain cryptids do actually exist, that's where we'll find them.