The Dream Thread
Title should be fairly self-explanatory. If you happen to have a weird/interesting dream that you feel like sharing with someone, do so here!

I made this thread because of a dream I had the other night. In short, the zombie apocalypse had finally occurred. One catch though: the only way to destroy a zombie for good was to eat it. Yep. A zombie would regenerate from any amount of leftover flesh. (Logic dictates that this means burning the zombie should work as well, but dreams). In the dream I was some kind of roamer, drifting from place to place, and I heard about a small village that had suffered 9 casualties in a zombie attack, which apparently was pretty impressive. I think I also remember wondering how they were going to manage to eat the bodies, so I guess zombieism is contagious as well.

Despite the whole 'apocalypse' thing, there was somehow still some kind of organised government. In fact, I had managed to discover that the government was planning to manipulate the world's currencies to generate unlimited money, which they could only do because of the zombies for some reason. I was tracking some kind of courier who had a device for this plan, which I wanted to steal. I knew that the device I could see him carrying was a decoy, though, and the real one was hidden somewhere on his person. So I made some halfhearted attempts to steal the fake, so he would eventually go 'even if you did steal this it wouldn't matter because the real one is right here', at which point I would swipe it from his unsuspecting hands. Somehow, this worked.

After stealing the device I decided to head for Hiroshima, which was apparently one of the few cities that still accepted travellers like myself. I then began an internal monologue about how the citizens of Hiroshima were all perfectly law-abiding, never took more than their ration or stayed out after curfew or anything, but they had a 'grotesque secret'. I was hoping to discover that secret, which may have had to do with the cause of the zombie apocalypse.

Sadly that's as far as I got before I woke up. Every so often I'll have a dream like this with some sort of plotline that could eventually become a fully-fledged story with a little tweaking.

That's it from me. Your turn now! Let's hear all about the stupid stuff your subconscious does while you sleep.
That's extremely weird, Eon. I've had a very few dreams, three to be exact, where, while there wasn't much that I can remember of them, were very strange indeed. When I woke up from these particular three, I was completely disoriented and it actually took a few seconds for my brain to begin fully functioning again, to remember where I was, mainly, but probably anything and everything else too.

I have also had a dream where the end result was that somehow I had lost sight in my left eye, mainly because I had been trying to get something out of it (you know, like sleep or something that gets in front of the pupil and your vision goes all blurry? Something like that.). The action that did this was that I finally got a hold of the something with my fingers, and pulled. When I looked back in the mirror, the only thing I saw looking back at me was one blue eye (yes, I have blue eyes in real life) and a milky white substance in my left where, not only my pupil was but also my entire iris. Now, I don't know how a blind person's eye looks like close up, but that freaked me out. I woke up then, and I was shaky from an adrenaline rush and couldn't go back to sleep. I subsequently (really, right after I'd woken up) went to look in the mirror to make sure I had both of my eyes. XD As well, several times that day, I would close one eye to see if I had sight in it, and then switched to check the other. I have no idea why I was so paranoid about it that day. ^^()
I can only remember three dreams I've ever had. I just...don't seem to remember them, I guess. One shall absolutely not be discussed here. The most vivid was more a nightmare, and I guess was my subconscious telling me at the time that continuing to keep the fact that I was being bullied (this was way back at primary school) a secret from my parents was going to ruin me. In the dream, I had just had yet another uncalled for argument with my Mum and shouted that I was going to drive myself to school. To clarify, I was about 9/10 at the time, and school was where the hell was. Basically, I was seemingly driving perfectly (somehow, never mind that almost every British car is manual!), except on the wrong side of the road. Out of nowhere, another car comes hurtling towards me, probably speeding, and about the point where it crashes into me is where I woke up. I had this dream several times until I finally told my parents what was going on and they sorted it out for me.

The other dream was had only a couple weeks ago and was decidedly bizarre. Coming up to my return to Canada, the dream started with me getting a puppy. Yes, really. I bought myself a puppy and wondered how the hell I was going to explain this to my parents. So I took it home and home turned out to be a giant, white stone mansion that looked big enough to be a hotel. And then things got weirder. It turned out I was being attacked by waves of enemies and I had to use the things around me plus my own extensive armoury of firearms (mostly machine guns) to fend them off. The puppy was forgotten for the rest of the dream. In fact, everything about the 'waves of enemies' proceeded exactly as if it was a video game but with movie camera angles. At first, I had to use hit-and-run tactics and kept losing them in the depths of the building but then I managed to get the upper hand and basically curb-stomp them all. I don't remember how. I woke up very slowly during this, it turned to lucid dream to daydream to barely remembered weirdness when I realised that yes, I was awake, and no, I don't have a puppy or a mansion. It was interesting, certainly.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
That is very. . . weird, creepy, and probably a lot of other things, Kath. x3 I'm glad you got some thing sorted out. It makes me wonder sometimes, with how potent and vivid my three dreams were that I woke up disoriented from, that they aren't some sort of foretelling/foreshadowing of something or some other kind of indicator of. . . .something. I mean, feeling, taste, sight, and hearing were all present in those dreams, and when I sleep, the room is pretty much quiet; there's nothing my ears could register that my brain would turn into those sounds in the middle of my dream. And I'm sure that some of those sounds, I'd never heard of. x3 Also, some tastes (as in, I don't drink wine. XD ). Perhaps an interesting occurrence that may or may not be related to this and/or dreams, is that (for the past couple of years), I've had some very real experiences of true deja vu. x3 Life is weird, huh?
Which of my dreams is the creepy one, Kaelyn? Because I always thought they were most certainly not creepy. My waking mind's good enough at creepy without my dreams getting in on the action! Genuinely interested, the more creepy things pointed out, the more creepiness I can play up. Muhahaha. :P

Those are some very weird dreams there, Kaelyn. Past or future life memories or something? I've never had dreams as vivid as that; sight and sound is about it. Only time I've ever felt emotion in a dream is that one with the car crash, otherwise it's all imagery and body language, no actual feeling along with the indicators. I guess I use all my imagination during the day, huh.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Speaking of creepy dreams, I had one last night. In this one I was camping with my parents, and I somehow ended up with a giant wasp/hornet on my back. How giant? It was big enough to stretch from the bottom of my neck to the end of my spine. In the dream I'd read about this wasp before, and it was a parasite species that usually laid its eggs in monkeys. So yeah, it was planning to lay eggs in me, which terrified dream me and still scares real me. We tried to distract it by throwing large amounts of sugar outside, because wasps like sweet things, right? That didn't work, and I didn't want to try to forcibly dislodge it in case that made it sting. In the end, though, my dad tore it off and threw it outside just as it was about to do its thing.

The weird thing is I've never been particularly afraid of wasps, hornets, or any other bugs. I've only been stung about three times, with no major reactions as well, so I have no idea why this dream happened.
THAT'S HORRIFYING! I hate wasps, myself, useless little stinging bastards, at least bees do something useful for the world! Gah, that's gonna creep me out for the rest of the day...