Your Dream Party
Hypothetical situation: you're a trainer somewhere in the Pokemon universe. You probably started off with one of the starters that well known researchers hand out like candy to kids when they turn ten or so, and you start an adventure from there.

You'll probably catch a lot Pokemon, release the ones you don't use enough, and train a party of six elite fighters that reflect your own abilities and interests as a trainer. At the end of the day, what would that team be? Doesn't have to be a competitive team either, any team of six that you'd want to travel with. No restrictions.

For me, I'm immediately sold on one Pokemon: Haxorus. Haxorus has been my #1 favorite Pokemon for a while, and is kinda responsible for me getting back into Pokemon after having lost interest. The other choices were more difficult for me to come up with. Here's what I think my team would be.

[Image: haxorus.gif][Image: doublade.gif][Image: dragalge.gif][Image: porygon-z.gif][Image: salamence.gif][Image: galvantula.gif]

I choose these guys primarily because I like all of them, but also because they cover some basic needs. Haxorus doesn't need justification. Doublade is on my team because I find it just as cool as Aegislash, and it allows me to make use of an Eviolite. Also, I'd rather have two swords than a sword and shield... just a personal preference. Dragalge is my swimmer, and obligatory fairy slayer. I could really go for any Porygon, but Porygon-Z is the craziest of them all, and thus is probably what I would go for. Salamence was my favorite dragon type when I first started playing the games, and acts as both my flier and Mega Stone user. Finally Galvantula as my bug. Yes, I need a bug type, and spiders are awesome.

This represents most of my favorite types too. Dragon is clearly the over-represented type, but I'm also quite fond of Poison, Steel, Bug and Ghost. Works for my needs.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

If I had to pick a Team, it would probably be mostly from Hoenn, I think. At least, originally it was. I love Swampert, because of the single (4x, unfortunately) weakness to grass. However, I also like Kingdra, as, before gen 6 mechanics and the fairy type, I think it was a pretty good pokemon and somewhat hard to beat, no? I think, besides Jolteon (just because, eeveelutions), the Electrike line is my favorite electric type. Only one weakness, and I think its movepool is decent. An Awesome Shiny, and a useful (and good-looking) Mega are only the extra trappings and put the icing on the cake.

Now, I don't really know much about competitive playing at all; I've always just gone with my favorites or the combination available in the game that gave the best type cover and combination of attacks that I could find, however, two pokemon that I would love to even have in real life, hands down, are Lucario and Magic Bounce Espeon. I find Magic Bounce to be the funniest thing ever to use in the games, and ever since the original 2nd generation, I've tried to always have an Espeon. Lucario had become my second all-time favorite pokemon, after Lugia (because, 2nd movie), by, of course, watching the 8th movie. Other than that, there had always been something that drew mt to the Riolu line. Shiny's are cool, but even though black and gold is an awesome combination, I'd rather have the normal one. Aura Sphere is always on my Lucario, and even though it's awesome, I think the Mega came out a little horrible. They got rid of the tail! XD

Since I don't think you'd have Latios or Latias normally, I'm pretty sure my flying type, etc. would have to be either Charizard X (because, blue flames are awesome) or Braviary with it's Defiant ability. Charizard is some nostalgia from 1st gen, and who can hate a fire breathing lizard of the original design? Braviary is special because of that in-game Braviary you could catch in one of the games (I think the first of gen 5?), at nearly the very beginning (at level 25, if I'm remembering correctly) that had it's hidden ability guaranteed (?). I mopped the floor with lots of people (in-game) because of that. I find that a blue Braviary looks better than a red one! XD

Lastly, because of gen 6 mechanics, I think I have to stick a fairy type in the last spot instead of the previously weakness-less Spiritomb. I would pick Sylveon, despite already having an Eeveelution, because I don't want to be too weak to ground (Lucario), and also have some coverage. I'd rather have a blue Sylveon instead, but I guess pink is okay. Sylveon would also need to have its Hidden Ability, Pixilate. x3 As of yet, I've never used Sylveon because I haven't evolved Eevee yet, but I guess I'll see how that goes?

I'm also wondering what other people think of this Team? The first four are usually always there. x3

[Image: lucario.gif] [Image: espeon.gif] [Image: manectric.gif] [Image: kingdra.gif] [Image: braviary.gif] [Image: sylveon.gif]
First off, it doesn't matter what others think of your team, Kaelyn. x3 Unless you're asking for competitive advice, it's perfect because it's a team you like.
Second, I'm not much of a competitive battler. I've tried. Oh, how I've tried. But it seems I work best as a breeder (Which I do enjoy doing :3) and I'm fine with that. I have my friends come to me for pokemon, or advice, or sometimes we even nerd about the the mons we've bred or want to breed x3 I suck at battles because I only use my favorites. Never what is strongest. What is the best. What is OU or BL. Screw that xD That's not fun!

[Image: vaporeon.gif][Image: gardevoir.gif][Image: lucario.gif][Image: lilligant.gif][Image: lanturn.gif][Image: flygon.gif][Image: floette-blue.gif]

Yeah, there's seven there. I couldn't decide between Floette or Flygon. I know, most aren't very strong. As I've stated, I don't give a crap about that.
Vaporeon has been my fave since way, way back in generation one, but my love for it actually began before I found one in the games. x3 Back when I was a nerdy noob, knowing nothing about the games (something I miss) and collecting the cards, I got a starter deck one day. The first card was a Jungle-set Vaporeon. BAM, instant fave. I've almost always had one since (Almost because I do like trying new mons)
And since it's thundering, I'm not going to bother fully explaining the rest (might do it later)
I'm not very keen on competitive too. Tried it once or twice, but never really could get the hang of it.
[Image: ampharos.gif][Image: zoroark.gif][Image: flygon.gif][Image: staraptor.gif][Image: glaceon.gif][Image: empoleon.gif]
Reasoning behind this team? Well, most of these are the 'mons that I have some nostalgic feelings towards and that can be found amongst my favourites. Ampharos is my all-time favourite, and I would probably question my sanity if I would not put the little guy in here, Empoleon was my very first pokemon so, duh, nostalgia, also for transport means, so is Staraptor, Flygon and Zoroark are alongside Amphy on the podium, so why not squish them in, and glaceon is there... Just as a pet, I assume.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
(06-20-2015, 12:01 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: I'm not very keen on competitive too. Tried it once or twice, but never really could get the hang of it.
[Image: ampharos.gif][Image: zoroark.gif][Image: flygon.gif][Image: staraptor.gif][Image: glaceon.gif][Image: empoleon.gif]
Reasoning behind this team? Well, most of these are the 'mons that I have some nostalgic feelings towards and that can be found amongst my favourites. Ampharos is my all-time favourite, and I would probably question my sanity if I would not put the little guy in here, Empoleon was my very follow my journey first pokemon so, duh, nostalgia, also for transport means, so is Staraptor, Flygon and Zoroark are alongside Amphy on the podium, so why not squish them in, and glaceon is there... Just as a pet, I assume.

This is my fav, i loved the part glaceon is there just as a pet :D
i loved the part glaceon is there just as a pet

(06-20-2015, 12:01 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: I'm not very keen on competitive too. Tried it once or twice, but never really could get the hang of it.
Reasoning behind this team? Well, most of these are the 'mons that I have some nostalgic feelings towards and that can be found amongst my favourites. Ampharos is my all-time favourite, and I would probably  Adele Weight Loss — See Before and After question my sanity if I would not put the little guy in here,  Empoleon was my very first pokemon so, duh, nostalgia, also for transport means, so is Staraptor, Flygon and Zoroark are alongside Amphy on the podium, so why not squish them in, and glaceon is there... Just as a pet, I assume.