Poll: Should we reveal the identities of the PCT participants?
This poll is closed.
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Turquoise Articles 6/16/15: Second Anniversary Edition!
I've taken care of everyone up to here, and everything else that doesn't require picking a choice has been updated.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

How the hell did I get over 100...? That's even better than Orch, and he was really going for keeping our main adventures going!

Speaking of Chron and Orch, I have no use personally for the remaining 'choice' items. Would you be so kind as to give my Miracle Seed to Orchestra and my Focus Band to Chronicler? They deserve extra for keeping our adventures (and the PCT) going during the spree.

I'm definitely going to try and find use for the berries, the ball'll probably get sold, and I'm definitely going to find a use for the Ability Capsule. Possibly on my new chatterbox. I personally don't actually want it to have 'Kathy' in its name, but I'm definitely keeping the 'chatterbox' references! Name my new bird 'Chatta', please!

Now I'm off to shut up and look up what my new bird can do, exactly...
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Welp. Good Game, Kathira. Good game.
Also, as promised, give my Focus Band and Charcoal to Orchestra.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Miracle Seed, Charcoal and the Focus Band. You guys are awesome, but you should really keep your items. x3 I'm sure they'll be of use to you at some point. Or if not, is there some way I can pay you back for them?
If you don't want the Charcoal, you can give it to me and I'll give it to Kenneth. XD Were PCT posts actually included? And How did I get 33? lol. An ability capsule would have been really nice though.... I Probably would have just used it on Máirín. lol. Oh well.. I was really just expecting the two berries and that was it. XD And the Chatot is a great joke, Issac.

Way to go, Kath. XD 100, geez.. (But Chron still technically beat you) XD

Thank-you very much for hosting this, Issac. And I am very satisfied with what I have. ^^
(another poke to everyone's face's.... if this had been purely quality, I'll bet I would have won 1st and everything XDD)
@Taav: Is there some sort of mistake? I saw that you added an ability capsule to my profile, but I only reached 50 posts instead of the required 60 for the capsule.

And I have to agree with Orchestra, Kath. Keep the focus band as I'm sure it'll help you more than it would me. :P
If you really want to give it to me, find something in my profile that you like and we can possibly work out a trade!

As for me, I will be claiming a quick claw and charcoal, thanks Taav!

Mod Note: Done ~Taav
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

(07-02-2015, 09:48 AM)Chronicler Wrote: @Taav: Is there some sort of mistake? I saw that you added an ability capsule to my profile, but I only reached 50 posts instead of the required 60 for the capsule.

That was not a mistake. I used the number in parenthesis to place you in that tier. That number included the extra posts above the 35 cap. Those posts, however, did not count towards the rankings, which is why you placed 4th, not 1st.

I thought that was the most fair way to deal with the updating limit rule, as it only penalizes you for the first prize. You clearly had more than 60 posts, so that's the tier you belong in.

Feedback on this system would be appreciated. This is the first time we've set a limit on effective updates, and I could have gone about enforcing the rule several different ways. Personally, I think it worked adequately well, but I'd like to get some opinions on it.

I'll be updating profiles again later tonight, so you have until then to make up your minds on who/if to donate and what to pick. (I definitely recommend finding someone to trade with for items you don't want/need).
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

*grumble* Guess I have to have this cluttering up my inventory until I can get my first damned badge, then. Which I was trying to AVOID, thank you. Hence the refusal to trade; I CAN'T.

Fiiiine, put a Miracle Seed and a Focus Band in my inventory and Orch/Chron have dibs for trades when I finally can trade.

Chatta isn't just a joke, guys, have you seen how powerful the move 'Chatter' is?! 65 BP, can cause confusion. Methinks this little bird will come in handy against Hercules.

Mod Note: Done! ~Taav
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
I'll take my 2 oran berries.

Mod Note: Already taken care of! ~Taav
Fine. Gimme that Quick Claw, and maybe a Mystic Water, if Orch doesn't want them. Also, all the rest.

Mod Note: Done ~Taav
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Everyone's prizes have been distributed. Thanks for playing!
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

About the PCT: There will be at least a one-day extension to the catching phase to help make up for some of the missed updates and wrap things up. All players should receive 5 updates on Monday. There may be additional updates on Tuesday, although I'll be working for at least part of that day and can't speak for whether Chronicler will have time to update. I'll see what I can do to get everyone at least one more update on that day, however. (If any players have not caught a pokémon yet but are very close to doing so, they may get a few extra updates beyond that just to give them one last chance to play in the tournament.)

Barring any further complications (which will be mentioned here if need be), Tuesday should definitely be the last day. Ideally the actual round one tournament battles will be up sometime on Thursday at the latest. Remember, you'll be posting your attacks for each turn in your catching thread as well.

We apologize for the delays, and hope you're all excited for the upcoming tournament round!
[Image: sig.gif]
Apologies for the additional delays. Unfortunately I haven't been feeling well this week and haven't been able to get in the additional updates I would like, and I'm not sure where Chron's been but I assume work has kept him busy. I really would like to wrap things up and move on to the next phase of the PCT, but as people have missed several updates I understand that many of you would like to keep looking around a little longer/have a chance to finish your existing catch.

I'm not in a position to be able to update at the moment and am not sure when this feeling will subside, but I will do my best to ensure that everyone who still wishes to continue has a chance to either finish battling their current wild or encounter at least one more. I'm very sorry for the unexpected delays, and thank you all for your patience.
[Image: sig.gif]
Just a note to say that I'll be updating the catching phase of the PCT over the next couple of days. At this point, I will give everyone up to two further encounters over the next two days to find something they're interested in; after that, you get to finish whatever battle you're in, and then you go through to the tournament with whatever you've got.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
The catching phase of the PCT is nearly over! We're going to be moving on to the tournament soon, so if you haven't already, please send me the two special attacks you want your pokemon to use in the tournament (see the first post for guidelines). If you haven't sent them to me by Monday, July 13 at midnight EST, I'll assume you're no longer interested in playing and cut you out of the tournament. You'll still get to keep your captured pokemon.

If you've already sent your attacks, you're all set! All you need to do is wait for the tournament pairings to be announced, which will happen on Tuesday.
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

The tournament phase of the PCT has officially begun! Check your event thread for information on your match. Whether or not you're participating, you can see all the battles in the tournament subforum. However, I'll be the only person posting in the battle threads themselves. Post your commands in your own event thread, along with any questions or anything you might want to say to me in private--you and I are the only ones who can see anything in the event thread up until the end of the tournament.

Please note that you have seventy-two hours from when the last round was posted in your battle thread to issue commands. If you fail to do so, you will be disqualified. If you're going on vacation or otherwise don't think you'll be able to make the deadline, send me a private message to let me know you need an extension.

There was discussion in the CBox about whether to reveal who was controlling each pokemon right away or only at the end of the tournament. For now, everyone's identity remains a secret. Please vote in this thread for whether you'd prefer for them to remain secret the entire tournament or whether you'd prefer to have them revealed. The poll will close at the end of the first round, at which point all participants' identities will be revealed if that option was chosen.

Feel free to discuss, speculate, or ask any questions you might have right here in this thread. Good luck, trainers!

As much as I'd like to know which match Kyu's in, I kinda like this secrecy.
Yeah, I kind of want it to remain a secret until the tournament is over as well.
See? I told you it was going to be more exciting. ^^ I like it. This is so much fun! ^^ How often are updates? Oh, was it already stated how long the battle part of the PCT is going to be? If it lasts longer than the 24th of this month, I'm going to have a real issue in finishing it. :/

Sorry.. That just now popped into my head... Uhh... yeah.. ^^()
Update speed will depend to an extent upon how fast orders are turned in, but you can probably expect an update every one to two days, at least at the beginning of the tournament.

There isn't a set end date for the tournament. Your first round match should definitely be done by the 24th, but if you advance some of your later battles might run into trouble. We can talk about scheduling if it looks like you're going to have trouble finishing.