E3 2015 Discussion
Well its that time of year again> The Electronic Entertainment Expo is on down in Los Angeles, where all sort of gaming goodies will be announced and shown off.

It started yesterday with the Smash Direct, where Roy and Ryu were officially revealed. Even as a big Fire Emblem fan I don't really care about Roy, even in his own game. But I'm not a big smash person either. Replays will be able to uploaded to Youtube easier it sounds like. There was some talk about Amiibos, Ryu is getting one and I'm sure we'll get more info at the official Nintendo E3 Direct. I honestly didn't get up early enough to watch, so I probably missed somestuff in this recap.

Now in the evening Bethesda had their first ever E3 Showcase. They showed off a fair amount of Doom gameplay, which isn't really my cup of tea either. They announced Dishonored 2, with playable Emily aswell as Corvo, which I am looking forward to as I enjoyed the first game. No news on Elder Scrolls VI, which isn't a surprise, there is going to a Hearthstone-esque game but meh.

The Star of the show was ofcourse Fallout 4, which will be launching November 10th this year. As was speculated after the reveal trailer last week, they was gone the "Shepard" route with a fully voiced customizable main character. The game looks freaking amazing with all sort of customization options, for weapons, armor even your own town. The Collector's edition comes with a working PipBoy!!! There is also an app which released last night for IPad, Android coming later, called Fallout Shelter where you can build and control your own Vault.

Now Today theres all the Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA and Sony conferences aswell as many more announcements I'm sure.
I'm more concerned with the fact that's Roy's back! It was kinda heartless for Brawl to kick him out just for Ike...Awkward Zombie's gonna have a field day with this.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
The amount of fan-driven power that brought Roy back must have been immense. His only game was never released in the western world, he was an objectively inferior clone in melee, and he wasn't even good in his own game - but fans still wanted him back. And I'm glad, because despite being one of my favorite FE lords, I would have never seen this coming. Now, all they have to do is cut Marth and we'll have a good FE roster.

I'm glad they put Ryu in too, because it makes a ton of sense. I haven't played too much street fighter, but I am excited to give him a try regardless.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

(06-15-2015, 01:24 PM)Taav Wrote: Now, all they have to do is cut Marth and we'll have a good FE roster.

>.> You better watch it, Taav. Otherwise you'll be getting my Marth Amiibo's sword in the back one day.

And Ryu is pretty cool so far, if not a bit intimidating/confusing due to the amount of work they put into his controls. Normal buttons, SF button combos, etc.

Anyways, we must have a smash battle some time. so I may wreck you with my mediocre Marth skills
(06-15-2015, 04:10 PM)Orchestra Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 01:24 PM)Taav Wrote: Now, all they have to do is cut Marth and we'll have a good FE roster.
>.> You better watch it, Taav. Otherwise you'll be getting my Marth Amiibo's sword in the back one day.

The only thing Marth has going for him is the fact that he's viable in melee. Out of all the FE characters, he has the least amount of personality, even lesser so than the more heavily criticized Micaiah, who's jealousy of Ike was probably the only aspect of her personality that wasn't "Mary Sue" in nature. Marth's inability to rule a country surpasses even that of King Chrome, and he only had a sequel because he failed to resolved anything in the first game.

At this point, I think the only things left for me to hype about are the Atlus announcements. Persona 5 looks awesome, but I really want some more info. xD

Also I am definitely up for wrecking some Marth this weekend.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

Honestly I think this has been one of the best E3s I've watched for atleast a couple years.All the Big 3 had good conferences, IMO. And the Publisher's conferences were pretty good too, except for Ubisoft's which I can't comment on because I don't care about them enough to watch
I'm really happy that they showed something new about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem!! (I wanted even a new trailer for Persona 5 ;__; )
And... the new Track Mania Turbo looks awesome!
Fallout 4 is going to derail my life in November. Don't know how I'll juggle it with family, football, and school.

And a VII remake. A dream come true. Didn't catch a release date, was there one? I'll guess 2017, cause, you know, 20 years.
So...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...-from-fans

Wow. What a flop.

I can't blame them for refraining from showcasing stuff that is still early in the development stages, but both the content and lack of content was simply depressing. I just learned about Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and... even I'm pissed. To put things in perspective, I'm one of those few who actually enjoyed Other M. But I agree that this one doesn't look promising at all. I really hope the petition to cancel it knocks a little sense back into Nintendo.

New Los Angeles looks sick! I can't wait for the new Xenoblade!
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]