Anime and Manga
Anime and Manga Discussion Thread

Here we have the anime and manga general discussion thread! This serves as a multi-purpose chat for all things anime and manga related. There is but one rule to keep in mind: please put all show spoilers in [spoiler] tags, even if they are minor!

So... what's everyone watching right now? I've started a lot of things, though I have not been able to finish most of them.

Manga
1. Pokemon Special / Pokemon Adventures - Currently working my way through the Johto saga. I'm pleasantly surprised with how things are going so far, and I have to say.. I really love the character development in this series.

2. Shingeki no Kyoujin / Attack on Titan - Just read chapter 68, which is the latest one. Interesting stuff going on, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who is waiting for the anime to return.

Anime
1. Mobile Suit Gundam (movie triology) - Man, this movie trilogy is nuts. One of my good friends has been trying to get me to watch this for several months now, and I've finally found the time to watch it. I just finished the second movie today, and will be wrapping up the trilogy soon.

2. Genshiken - I stopped watching this since I've been particularly busy with school work, but it's definitely worth a watch. We're watching it in anime club, and its an anime about anime club. So basically, anime club is watching an anime about anime club. Hehehheheheh.

3. Eve no Jikan / Time of Eve (movie) - I thought this movie was excellent, and it left me eager for more. It's a sci-fi story revolving around the widespread use of androids in Japan, and is actually quite heartwarming. I'd definitely recommend it.

4. Neon Genesis Evangelion - I really want to get further into this, but I haven't had time to continue since Spring Break. Oh well...

I haven't really been keeping up with any new shows, sadly. To busy catching up on shows I haven't finished. Namely, I need to finish Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy, Nichijou, Auzmanga Diaoh, Higashi no Eden, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Persona: Trinity Soul... ugh...

And not to mention that I'd like to get into some more manga. I've been interested in starting Akira, since I was intrigued by the movie, and I'd like to start reading D. Grayman and Hunter x Hunter since their respective anime have both ended.

Too much on my plate... Where is Summer when you need it? <_<
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

I've been watching High School DxD bORN and Unlimited Fafnir.
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
Still waiting for Digimon Adventure Tri to finally come out, myself...
Of the current season, I'm watching Kekkai Sensen, Fate/stay night UBW 2, Yahari... 2, Nisekoi 2, Shokugeki no Soma, Kuroko no Basketball 3, and Arslan Senki.

When I'm not watching those, I'm trying to finish some shows from last season that I started but have not finished (GARO, Your Lie in April, Parasyte).

I heard that the art quality in the manga for HxH dropped significantly as the mangaka's health deteriorated, so I had started to watch the anime, but have put it on hold for now.

I have a feeling that Tri will get pushed back til like July or August.
I haven't been very big on anime lately, because it's relatively time consuming, but I've been all over manga. Here's a nice list, because I like lists and they're easier to look at than a wall of text:
  • Shingeki no Kyojin (Seen the anime, caught up in the manga)
  • Toukyou Kushu (Haven't touched the anime; chapter 119)
  • Noragami (haven't seen the anime; got through volume three)
Relatively small list, yeah, but cut me some slack. Toukyou Kushu is really long. I also have a longer list of things I plan to read or watch in the near future:
  • Degenki Daisy
  • Vampire Knight
  • Free!
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re
  • Bleach
  • Full Metal Alchemist
  • Black Butler
Do you guys prefer to read the manga before you watch the anime, or vice versa? In my experience, the former is always better.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Woot! Bump Black Butler up to the top of that list, Dazel. : ) Read the manga, too.. Actually, manga first would be better in this case, and then the anime. I watched it a while ago and I still can't get it out of my head. : )
Degenki Daisy :\ I really need to get back into it. I think I stopped at book four or five.

Black Butler: Three words - Freaking love Grell <3

Also, I have recently gotten into Dangan Ronpa. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but it seems really interesting. :3 I guess I'll have to check out the manga too.

*Looks at Crunchyroll* Stop tormenting me >.> So many anime I need to watch. Sailor Moon Crystal, both of Log Horizon's series, Durarara!!x2, Rin-ne (Read some of the manga. Pretty darn good), Fate/stay Night (Watched one of the older series and loved it), and so many others...
I've started reading Assassination Classroom.
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
So, being that guy who just got his wisdom teeth taken out, I find myself sitting for long periods of time with compresses attached to my face. As such, I decided to flip on Netflix, and noticed that they have Death Note now. Just finished the episode where this happens..

(basically the greatest line in any english dub ever)

Really interesting anime, if anyone hasn't seen it. I've only seen about 10 episodes so far, so please don't spoil me. xD

Good to see at least one person caught up on the Shingeki no Kyojin manga. I just need to read the newest chapter, preferably when my face doesn't hurt as much.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Oh God, too much stuff to remember it all.

Manga:
Bleach
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Boku no Hero Academia
Noblesse (>>DO IT!!<<))
Gunka no Baltzar
One-Punch Man (hilarious and great art, a must read)
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

It's update time! I've finished some things, weeded some other things out of my queue, and started yet others. Excuse all the spoilers, I like things organised and this was the best possible way okay.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Kuroko's Basket is quite awesome. Everybody has cool superpowers.

I have not read the manga for Your Lie in April, but I watched the anime, and it is one of the prettiest animes I have ever seen, and also one of my favorites of the recent years. I'd recommend you check it if you have some time, it's only 22 episodes and covers the entire story.

Code Geass is quite... interesting. But I liked the idea.

Psycho-Pass is amazing, but I heard the second season isn't that great, as it wasn't written by the original writer.
^^BUMP^^

So I've been watching a few anime recently but there is one that I've particularly been enjoying, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. It's probably one of my favorite anime to date due to the insane dynamic of fantasy/drama/action, very well done character development, and the feels. The feels are heavy.

Quick synopsis I found that will get you all to watch it ASAP:

"Natsuki Subaru is an ordinary high school student who is lost in an alternate world, where he is rescued by a beautiful, silver-haired girl. He stays near her to return the favour, but the destiny she is burdened with is more than Subaru can imagine. Enemies attack one by one, and both of them are killed. He then finds out he has the power to rewind death, back to the time he first came to this world. But only he remembers what has happened since."

What other anime or manga have you all been paying attention to recently?
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

(08-25-2016, 01:18 PM)Chronicler Wrote: ^^BUMP^^

So I've been watching a few anime recently but there is one that I've particularly been enjoying, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. It's probably one of my favorite anime to date due to the insane dynamic of fantasy/drama/action, very well done character development, and the feels. The feels are heavy.

Quick synopsis I found that will get you all to watch it ASAP:

"Natsuki Subaru is an ordinary high school student who is lost in an alternate world, where he is rescued by a beautiful, silver-haired girl. He stays near her to return the favour, but the destiny she is burdened with is more than Subaru can imagine. Enemies attack one by one, and both of them are killed. He then finds out he has the power to rewind death, back to the time he first came to this world. But only he remembers what has happened since."

What other anime or manga have you all been paying attention to recently?
I just caught up with ReZero last night. If anybody is interested in this show, you should definitely watch, it's quite entertaining and very pretty (outside of the gory death scenes).

I'm watching a bunch of other anime, but the two that stand out are 91 Days and Mob Psycho 100.

91 Days is about a Prohibition-era revenge story featuring mafias with a main character who's family was killed by the mafia as a child, and gets a letter at the beginning of the show telling him of the killers' names so he can get revenge for his family. It's developed by the studio who made DurararaX2, which is comprised of the team that made Durarara and Baccano (another Prohibition-era show with mafia), so if you liked those shows you might like this one.

Mob Psycho 100 is based off of a webcomic written by ONE, famously known for Onepunch-man released last year. The story features the main character Mob who has very strong psychic powers. The character's are all very interesting with very deep personalities. The art style might take a while to get used to as it's very rough, but the animation is absolutely phenomenal. I'd really recommend everybody to watch this anime. It is very good.