Need a touch of storyline help
I think the reason I've really petered out in my adventure is that I have no real idea where I'm going with it. I thought I had an idea, to find out just what the Revivalists want, but the end of the Inevitable Discovery kinda revealed that anyway. I only have a few 'current' ideas, that Kathira is bloody angry with them, Revar's become disillusioned, and a general idea of 'stop placing all your faith in bringing back these legendaries, look at what humans manage themselves!' to be shouted at the Revivalists by Kathira repeatedly.

Mostly it's an idea that the Revivalists look very much like Well-Intentioned Extremists, putting people in danger for the sake of their own 'return to glory' that, in Kath's opinion, is largely unnecessary. The legendaries are both gods and animals, humans can do things themselves, and relying as much on said legendaries to seemingly 'need' to bring them back gives the impression that they believe humans are useless without legendaries. When clearly, judging by the past few centuries, they're not.

Of course, this is all simple 'running theme', endgame stuff. In all this time, I have zero idea how to actually go about this. There's no direction anymore, I'm just grinding for the sake of grinding, sticking entirely to gameplay, and I play games for their story. Anyone willing to look through what I have (it'll probably be rewritten once I have a solid idea what to do), who my characters are, and give me a couple ideas where to go with this?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Hi, I'll read through your stuff and see if I can come up with something that will drive your story forward. That the Revivalist is up to suspicious stuff is a good idea. It is interesting to see if they are good or bad guys, or divided into groups of such. I'm thinking of the Event and about the blue moth, and wonder what will happen if the Revivalists happen to revive the wrong Pokemon. The Revivalists maybe have no evil intent, but what they do might be very destructive. Not all those ancient Pokemon were there to help humans, right?

Having two conflicting groups within the Revivalist organisation can add some content to your adventure. The extremists and the less radical revivalists. There might also be bad guys who have joined the Revivalists and climbed up the organisation in order to reach their goal, like reviving and taking control of some powerful Pokemon.
If you're looking to do something more plot-heavy, it might help to request/recruit a specific moderator to handle your journey for a while. When several different people are updating your thread, it can be a bit hard to get plotty stuff done because usually the mods don't know where the others are going with things, so if, say, one mod introduces some myterious cloaked dude in one of their updates, any subsequent mods don't have any idea why the guy was introduced or what his deal might be.

There isn't really a set procedure for doing this right now, but if you're interested in playing something out with a dedicated moderator, you can just ask them if they're down and put notes in your posts that you'd prefer to have X update you rather than just getting an update from anyone.

As for what to actually do, I guess it depends on what you're interested in. Are you still interested in doing Revivalist-related stuff? Or are you feeling kind of tired of that and want Kathira to pick up a different thread of storyline? It comes down to what you find interesting about the setting and what you'd like to learn more about. If you don't have any particular ideas and would like someone else to kind of present you with some potential plotlines, then I can act as a dedicated mod for a while and act more like a dungeon master, giving you some potential storylines to investigate further if you're interested.

For something like a Revivalist plotline, it would probably help to let an admin know what you're interested in trying to do. There's a fair amount of information about the Revivalists and various canon characters that admins have and RPG moderators don't, so if you wanted to e.g. have Kathira go on an investigation of a Revivalist office, you would probably want to let an admin know so they could handle the thread themself or give a moderator the information for her to figure out. Otherwise the moderators won't be able to give you much beyond superficial answers about what the Revivalists are doing, who the important players are, etc.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Crunch time. I have, in fact, spent all my time not studying on thinking this through. Frankly, I'm still at a loss for plotlines, but it's obvious I'll need a dedicated admin at this point to dangle plot hooks on my nose, especially since I'm ready to begin tackling gyms and I think I'll have the best chance at the Verserecto gym. So, if there is any admin willing to play GM with me to get Kathira motivated into heading to Fractura and across Krtuso (or willing to give a certain amount of pertinent information to a mod who's willing to do this), I would greatly appreciate the assist.

Seriously, all I have in mind is gameplay stuff, I need to make the story make sense as well or give myself an aneurism.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]