Pokemon from Outer Space [Adventure Thread]
The mysterious planet, discovered only a few years ago, was obviously containing life. It was not that different from Earth, except that every plant and every living creature, was of an alien species. Arriving to the new planet, was like stepping into an ancient, pre-historic world, with deep jungles, vast plains and tall mountains filled with strange tunnels we can yet not be sure have been dug out by Pokemon or nature itself.

The first team to be sent to the planet, consisted mostly of scientists and people used to space travel. There was only one military person with them, and almost no one was armed. The Pokemon they brought were few, and mostly for the purpose of company than for use in battle. They had expected the only threat to be wild monsters and perhaps a few natural phenomena, like earthquakes or storms. Their spaceship was specially constructed to withstand heavy damage, like falling rocks, without breaking. The team would not travel far, only gather what was most important and then return to Earth.

Only one man returned home, however. It was the pilot, who had spent his time on the ship that day when the first people had disappeared. He was also a scientist, having studied the life on the planet. He had encountered no life with intelligence that could be measured with that of humans or intelligent Pokemon, but he had found traces of such life: writings in the tunnels and strange aerial-like structures on the fields. The rest of the crew had gone off to the fields to investigate the alien structures, but only two had returned, relating that the other two were dead.

The three survivors had decided to leave as soon as possible, but strange noises outside the spaceship had brought them out to investigate. It was dark, and the light from the ship did only reach the row of trees where the noise came from. The person who had military training was prepared to fire if any monster revealed itself. The scientist next to him thought that the noise was some sort of intelligent communication.

The pilot was told to stay at the ship in case they had to make a quick take-off, whilst the other two closed in on the trees to investigate. They should not have done so. The last the pilot heard from them was the fire of a gun and a lot of screams, and instead of taking flight, the pilot took a gun from the ship and went out to see if his companions were all right. By then it was silent, until he was attacked as well.

It felt as if something had stabbed him, but he had no time to see of think out what it was. He shot blindly with the gun, at the same time running toward the ship not far away. He got inside and closed the ramp, at last finding himself in safety.

He made it back to Earth, where the doctors tried to treat his wound. It was a miracle that he had survived such a long trip. It was as if he had survived for the sole purpose of returning and relating his story directly to the people on Earth. A recorded document would likely have been put away for later study. His words would, however, bring the people to listen to him, and he tried over and over again to tell them, about the objects on the plain, whose points were directed at the sky, how intelligent the aliens must be . . . what they could do . . . and now they were aware of our presence, that there are people from outside their system . . .

Not to disrespect the words of the dead pilot and scientist, a new team had been sent to investigate the planet. The most important part of the mission, was to find out what had killed the other crew. It was important that not only scientists went on this journey, but also people with skills in combat. Because of other space projects, however, there was not much invested in this one, and few people were interested in going, so the new team was not much larger than the previous one.

The new team woke up after a long sleep in they respective capsule in the spaceship. They were now far away from their home planet, nearing their destination. One could already see a blue-green sphere from the ship. It was slightly bigger than Earth, but otherwise very similar. One sun warmed the blue-green planet, and three moons circled it.

OOC: We're waking up on the ship. I'll let you start playing your characters first. Once everyone is awake and has oriented themselves a bit, we should be ready to land.
OOC: Would a similiar description be accurate? Should I change the 5 capsules with 4, since Hakugin is probably piloting?
Sleeping chamber... A clean and sterile room, shining with the silver of polished chrome. Inside it, about 8 capsules, only 5 of them with a locator. Inside each of them, a silhouette of a human, dressed in a special suit, with a mask on his/her face, and some cables injected like a drip, transporting vital substances straight to their veins, hovering in a blue-ish liquid. Travelling like this for two months, Pokemon having their own special chambers in ambulatory. Out of all sudden, the level of the liquid in one of the capsules began to drop. As it reached the pod's resident's neck, the man'seyes opened widely, him taking a deep breath. The cables disconnected with the suit with a "sploorp", as he was viewing the world through the yellow-tinted lenses in the mask, he noticed three things. First, the gross sound of cables. Second, sound and touch of water being syphoned out. Third and the last one was a glass wall, dividing him and the outside world.. His reaction? Unjustified attack on glass, in a desperate attempt to free himself. The glass(or plexiglass?) wall obiediently went down, as the masked men fell onto the floor, taking another deep breath, tearing down the mask, revealing his identity as Vladimir Ivanovich Nesporowsky.
- Argh. - He tried to pick himself from the ground, for now and next few minutes, due to substances he was exposed to, behaving like he had 1,5 promile of alcohol in his blood. - Vera! - He shouted. - Vera, where... Argh... - He bent down again, his body denying obedience. He noticed small holes in the suit, from the needles. - They injected me with something... What was... What was it? He picked a droplet of the fluid left on the suit and smelled it. - Smells like... Arsen... They were trying to poison me... - Drunk state of mind clearly wasn't interrupting him in inventing new conspiracy theories. - All e people in capsules... They're probably dead... The first expedition... It wasn't aliens... Darn Jothoans... I knew I shouldn't trust them... Antidote... - As he crawled to the dispensary, another capsule started to open.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
OOC: SO few were available for this trip, in fact, that the Kanto/Johto joint government grabbed a Logoran!

Also, ohgod, Inquisitor's post is confusing as hell. Makes sense, though, what with Vlad's confused state of mind. And already, I'm creeped out. Did we really need to outright point out these capsules being like that? I have many ickies and creeps from the idea of being submerged completely in things...

Not cryosleep. Cryosleep, cryonics in general, involves freezing things and getting them cold enough to stop all activity until such time as activity can be resumed safely. This obviously has some activity, simple hibernation. Also, since we're apparently all in hibernation, it's much more likely the ship's on autopilot for the moment.
As with all the pods on board, text flashed briefly on the monitor on the side of a second one, displaying statistics related to the monitored vital signs of the occupant, before the programmed automatic reawakening kicked in. A new chemical surged down the tubes attached to the suit, the interior liquid began to drain, and the occupant began to wake. Quite sluggishly, in fact, to the point that the liquid had completely drained, the tubes disconnected, and the door lowered of it's own accord without need for occupant interaction. Without quite being awake enough to realise completely what was going on yet, Stridant Arrendale was jolted to complete awareness by the thump of her body landing flat on its face on the floor. Much groaning ensued.
She gingerly raised herself up and carefully removed the mask, taking a deep breath. Then stretching. Then she actually looked around her surroundings for the first time since actually being sent into hibernation, noting that one pod was already open, and one of the occupants slowly crawling through the door to the rest of the ship. Obviously had a bad reaction to the stuff used, unlike Strident who felt fine. Being as she was fine, she thought it best to help the man come to more easily. She tried to remember what she'd been told about the hibernation system, something about something being in the medical bay for...problems. Maybe it'd be better to talk to the guy first.
She calmly stepped towards him and placed herself in his sightline before crouching. 'Hey, are you okay?' she asked him.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
He picked himself from the ground, procedure of waking up Stridant giving him enough time to get relatively sober. The girl was asking him if he's allright... Vladimir turned around just to see her face. Stridant Arrendale. The New Logoran scientist, who was sent to investigate the planets biome. New Logoran... Surely... Vlad wasn't born yesterday. She was the one to kill off everyone who survived the poisoning. She would either kill him right now, or try not to blow her cover.
- Attention, soldier! - He shouted, hoping for second option. Surprised woman quickly get herself in the rigth position. - I'm afraid there was an attempt on our lives. The substance that was pumped int our veins was probably alcoholic solution of arsen, a lethal poison. We are free to assume other crewmembers are already dead and we have to rely only on each other. Now, a question: Private Arrendale, can you navigate this thing?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
OOC: I am assuming that Infinity was also not in hypersleep/suspended animation, since he is essentially the ship's navigator. I suppose we could have hand waved that away and said the ship was just being guided by a nav computer, but I'm operating under the assumption that no matter what universe you're in (yes, even Pokemon), whenever you go into space you need a physicist present and awake.

It was a nice quiet day/sleep cycle in the empty void of oblivion. Infinity hadn't seen Hakugin in hours, and there was not a sound to be heard on the entire ship, save for the soft, ever present whir of the ship itself. Nothing in the world to disturb Infinity from scribbling in his notebook for hours on end.

And then...

Thump. Thump. Voices, then shouting. Infinity froze. Space pirates; it had to be. The spaceship was being boarded and raided, everyone on board slaughtered and the craft looted before being blown up. Or, Hakugin had gone insane and was sabotaging the ship.

Or the other crew members were waking up. Infinity would rather Hakugin be physically dismantling the metal hull of the ship. At least then he'd only need to deal with one person.

Wait! Today was the day! The other crew members were waking up! And that meant...

Infinity hastily threw down his pencil and scooped up his notebook into his coat pocket. He couldn't miss it. He dashed to the sleeping pod chamber, then skidded to a halt and sprinted in the other direction. He needed one thing first. He grabbed the item from his room and ran to the sleeping pod chamber. He wouldn't miss it.

The sight that greeted him as he opened the door to the chamber was... well, it was people. Sticky people. Shouting sticky people. So... ick.

He cleared his throat loudly, standing tensely upright, sure that they would at any moment approach him to make physical contact. People always seemed to be doing that, and Infinity didn't understand. Also, these people were very sticky.

"Ahem. Don't. Touch. The pie." He said tersely, then walked into the room, edging around the two other people as best he could. In front of one still unopened pod, Infinity unfolded his lawn chair and set it down. He sat down, and watched the pod with growing excitement. On the ground in front of it was a delicious custard pie. But it was not just in any place; Infinity had looked up the specs of the sleeping pods and found out that upon wakening they dumped the occupants onto the floor. Whatever imbecile thought that delivery system was a good idea Infinity had no idea, but he was not about to let such an opportunity go to waste. He had calculated the trajectory and speed of ejection, accounting for the occupant's specific mass, measured out the exact location of impact, even calculated the nearly negligible effect of air resistance. It was mathematically impossible for the occupant of that sleeping pod to not wake up to a face full of gooey pie goodness.

And the occupant of that pod? None other than Infinity's dummy brother Lambwart.

Any moment now.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

OOC: *falls over laughing* Okay, I love that intro to the bickering brothers!

But as for the navigation, why would we have some navigating and others in hibernation when they could all be getting to know each other for the time on the planet that they need to trust each other? It'd only make sense for us all to be on the ship and getting to know each other or us all in hibernation and the ship on auto-pilot. A mix doesn't make sense at all if some have one and the others don't. What would be the point of the extra stuff for one side? For the record, I'd rather no hibernation, I have a fear of being a human popsicle of any sort.

Sorry for no RPing, I'm having to suddenly rush through some coursework.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
OOC: I had in mind that everyone was asleep and the ship on auto-pilot, but I guess we must have done shifts then, one part awake and the other not. Or perhaps Hakugin and Infinity woke up earlier than the others. Perhaps we should go for the latter.

The destination had been in sight for a while, and the speed of the ship had slowed down. Hakugin wondered when the others would awake. He and Infinity had woken two days earlier to prepare the landing. It was Hakugin's duty to make sure that the ship was still heading in the correct direction. By the look of it, they would reach the planet in just a few hours. Hakugin was curiously watching the blue-green orb on a monitor. Realising he had been standing there for a while with his hands behind his back, he left the control room to find the sleepers.

They were travelling in a medium-sized spaceship, yet there seemed to be a myriad of corridors. Hakugin walked through one of them, strong lights shining on him from the corners between walls and ceiling. His silvern hair was gleaming, tied in a long tail behind his back. His face was calm and serious. All that was on his mind, was what he would do once they landed. There was no hurry though. They could take all the time they needed to find what they were looking for on the planet. He had all the time he needed to do what he had come for. If he had patience, he would succeed. Finding the intelligent species could not be that difficult . . . unless they found him first.

When he arrived to the sleeping pod chamber, Infinity was already there; but what was he doing with that pie? Hakugin decided not to care. He barely knew any of these people, but he would have to co-operate with them. For now, they were struggling toward the same goal. Co-operating should not be difficult.

"God morning, everyone," he said with a smile. The smile might look nice, but there was always something in his eyes that made him look cold and uncaring.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INITIALIZATING... LAMBERT BLACKWALL... ... ... ... .. INITIALIZATION COMPLETE. PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lambert J. Blackwall, aren't you finished yet?"

Lambert was at the lab, his upper body fixed inside the opening of a train engine. His supervisor observed from the side, taking notes on the progress.

"I'm almost there. Just need to replace the last transistor, and this baby should be good to go."

The supervisor shook her head. "Stop by my office when you're done, okay?". The sound of high heels clanking on a hard concrete floor echoed through the development lab as she aggressively walked out the door. Finally, some piece and quiet.

The machine of a dream was almost complete. This engine was designed to cut down energy consumption by 15%, saving thousands of dollars for each trip, making Goldenrod station tickets more affordable, increasing business and boosting the economy of the peaceful city. This was the dream life, no doubt.

**FLING**

Lambert Awoke, in a pile of goop. Sugary goop. Gross. He stoop up, and smeared the disgusting custard off his mask so that he could view his surroundings. Clearly, he had been asleep for quite some time, dreaming about his work. Work was all he ever really knew - he even dreamed about it when he was off.

He slowly returned to his conscious senses. He recalled that this was a paid trip, sponsored by his employers at Goldenrod. They had been contacted, alongside research universities and other large engineering firms alike, for this insane space mission. Goldenrod Railroad was one of the few to respond, and they only sent one person to assist the team. Granted, that one person was Lambert Blackwall, head engineer of the R&D branch. They weren't going to send some average John...

Speaking of John... The hideous sounds of John's laughing screeches could be heard from behind. At least it was obvious who had pulled the prank. The kid was kinda a joke himself, he never really tried to take anything seriously. His only charm was his bright intellect, which was ruined by his declaration to go into theory. What a waste of valuable energy he was... He even gave himself an equally pathetic name, "Infinity". So in other words, non-existent, and not important.

Well, there no need to even acknowledge him at this point - he already had his fun. Lambert calmly walked to the main locker room, and began cleansing his face. His hibernation suit was now dirty, not that he really cared - it was time to change into his work clothes anyway. He undid his personalized lock, a custom 10-digit code lock, and grabbed his work attire, and lab coat. As expected, everything was neatly folded and untouched by the hands of any foul physicists. He changed quickly and quietly, and returned to the sleeping room, without a word.

John was still there, giggling like a 14-year old girl. What did he find funny about this mission? Lambert didn't care to know. Was anyone else sleeping? And where was Tau? He'd have to get a status report from someone... preferably someone who wasn't an idiot.

Who else was around? A military figure, a foreign-looking lady... and Hakugin, who had just walked in.

"Mornin' Mr. Hakugin. Are we approaching our destination?"
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Well... Two people coming in from outside the room were enough to prove the theory wrong. Observant watcher would notice a sigh of disappointment from Vlad. Still, the said pie... What the heckles was that pie doing on the floor and who put it there? If it would be set by someone who wanted to poison them when they wake up, it wouldn't be in the middle of the floor, rather at the table. The assassin was a sly one indeed, thinking that not putting it in so obvious place would put down his guard, even if, like now, he was dying from hunger...
*splat*
Another theory goes to thrash. But that doesn't make it clear. Vladimir was sure that among the crew there is someone to murder them all by the order of Jothoans... Why would Jothoans do that, you ask? Well, that's simple. Making not one but two crews getting killed by the nonexistant aliens would be a good reason to start an "interplanetary war", with most of the worlds military being busy here looking for "aliens", Jothoan military would take over Kanto with ease. They tried once, they will try twice. It's only a matter of time... They haven't predicted just one thing: That Vlad would be on board. And he knew exactly what would be the reasonable first move. If someone wanted to get them all dead, it would be easier to make them helpless. And what would be the best way?
- I'm going to wake up the Pokemon. Meanwhile, shouldn't someone try to make us not get hit by any component of the planets rings? - With said words, he walked away to the dispensary.
Hakugin was still watching the other crew members wake up and greet each other. He looked calm, but was perhaps a bit amused by the confusion which seemed to grab some of the people. One of them had taken his white coat, and asked Hakugin if they were approaching the planet. Hakugin remembered him as Blackwall, but had never met him before the trip. He had not met any of these people before they joined on the space journey. Not remembering exactly what role Blackwall played, he guessed he must be some kind of scientist or mechanic. Hakugin did not have a white coat himself; he wore a blue one-piece suit with a thick, black belt, the upper part of the suit having buttons and pockets like a shirt. These clothes were said to be suitable for many kinds of weather, and were sometimes used by space travellers visiting other planets. Hakugin thought the suit comfortable, and found that it had a perfect use indoors as well.

"Our destination is in sight", he told Blackwall. "We should be ready to land within three hours."
Three hours... It looked as though there would be time for some last-minute training before arrival. He would need to free Tau from his suspended state, and then they could warm up together.

But he couldn't really remember where the Pokemon passengers were kept. It seemed practical to keep them beside their human owners, but alas, this wasn't the case. There were always complexities to everything - if Lambert learned anything from his experiences at Goldenrod, it was this. The education in Saffron was superb, but he just couldn't get anything out of boring lectures and pointless exams. They abstracted many important details, making everything simple rather than telling things exactly as they were. Lambert couldn't comprehend why anyone would want to live such a falsehood.

But there was little time to be mulling over the faults of academia. If he didn't seize this chance now, he wouldn't be prepared for the mission. If the team wasn't prepared, their fate was the same as the first team: inevitable death.

"That's good news. It seems we have an opportunity to warm up before being thrown into the unknown. Would anyone care for a quick battle? Someone I haven't faced yet..."

This was a clever maneuver on Lambert's part, as he had not battled anyone here before, with the obvious exception of his brother. John would have been the first to take on his offer, and that would not do. John battles were horribly repetitive. He preferred to use extremely specialized Pokemon, that were useful in one situation and useless in another. This made him a formidable foe in some situations, and a vulnerable runt in others. He wanted to fight someone with a similar battle style, one that was simple but versatile.

If one were to liken Pokemon to tools, Tau would be likened to a utility knife. Perhaps he wasn't always the best guy for the job, but he was adaptable. There was no one right way to battle with him, and he liked that.

"Also... where are our Pokemon being stored?"
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

Hehehe.

"Ponyta-tail man looks like he wants to battle you, bro."

Infinity knew exactly what Lambwart's set and strategy were. He was way too specialized. In some situations, the set actually functioned pretty well, but Infinity knew for a fact that Tau could do absolutely nothing to a Skarmory. Lambwart needed more... versatility.

Hehehe.

OOC: trololololol-lolol-lol-lol
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

Lambert smiled. He didn't actually care about winning or losing per se. So long as it wasn't a John battle, he'd be fine with any challenge. Alas, it wasn't enough for John to simply 'volunteer' someone to battle him. If Hakugin wanted to train, he'd accept the challenge on his own.

"Anyone I haven't battled yet.", Lambert repeated, still smiling.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

The dispensary was cold. Cold as heck in comparision to rest of the ship. Vladimir didn't knew if there was any particular reason, but there probably was one. If he was superstitious, he would probably consider it a ghost, but since he wasn't, his paranoia had to come up with another logical explanation. After a moment of thinking it decided that the assassin tried to sabotage the spacecrafts cybernetics but due to his/her lack of knowlege only managed to turn off the warming in dispensary. Or maybe... Maybe he did something else? Maybe he managed to turn off all the electronic in dispensary? How long ago? Vera! He had to check on her! He rushed towards the capsules built into floor, not even bothering to turn the light on. He fell to the ground right next to the lock of the capsule his Klaitning resided in. He put his finger onto the scanner and the green lamp next to it lighted, as the awakening procedure started. After half a minute or so, the electric bird flew off the capsule, clearly disgusted by the fluid it was submerged in, and it being on her perfect feathers. Without further ado, she heated up tip of her beak and started cleaning herself.
- Hah. Same as always. - Vera didn't even bother to notice her master, as he started to wake up the other Pocket Monsters. WIth Tauros, Skarmory and Nahaulatu out of the way, only one capsule was left. Not like he knew what was inside, but it belonged to the biologist. As careful as with the ones before, he crawled in from the side, put his finger on the scanner and steped back as the procedure started. About 20 seconds later he regreted not lying on the ground, due to something green and red jumping him momentarily and pressed to the ground. Good Lord, 'twas heavy. And it apparently was a dino of some sort. Or a dragon. Or both. Taking one of it's legs from Vladimir's stomach, it leaned it's mustached muzzle(Don't get me wrong, the mustache was gorgeous. But when 170 kilograms of a lizard is standing on you with pretty obvious intentions to bite your face off, you don't notice things like that) over his face and exposed his teeth, barking like an angry Houndour. Then te creature leaned even closer, almost touching his nose, and opened it's mouth... Vladimir knew what to do. It reminded him of the time he was shot down near Blackthorn and the nearby garrison send a pack of Houndoom after him. One of them caught him in a similiar position, making him unable to get off the ground. Sadly, like Vraachos, it haven't thought of immobilizing his limbs. Ex-Soldier's knee quickly sprang up and rapidly hitted monsters... Unspeakable part, the very moment he slammed his hands onto creatures eyes. Then he violently tossed it's head right. As big creature, opposingly to a Houndoom, didn't fell, but at least lost it's balance and was forced to move it's second leg fom his body. Vladimir used the moment of creature being disoriented by pain and dizzynes it felt after his actions to slide away from it. He picked himself for the ground and started to slowly walk out of dinosaurs sight, but his opponent noticed it, and made a quick 180 turn. The missions rpart responsible for intel and logistics though continiued to walk, hoping to get to the place where al the scalpels where kept, the movements of the two being similiar to objects on a single orbit, circling around invisible sun in the centre. Vera raised her to look at all the mess and rolled her eyes. Of course, master wasn't paying to her as much attention as he should and went to do the usual buisness. This needed to chage. Quickly.