Amiibo
[Image: skylanders-battle-arena2.jpg]
Wrong picture. Pretty much the same thing though.

Amiibos are Nintendo-official collectable figures that can connect to certain games for added effects. There are currently two series available: Super Mario Bros and Super Smash Bros. These can be seen as both unique collector's items, or as gaming accessories.

Have any of you purchased Amiibos? Are you planning on getting any?

I have a Samus amiibo sitting in my room right now, and I have Ike and Toon Link on the way! I'm hoping to eventually get my hands on Shulk and Lucina soon, and perhaps Dark Pit, Robin, and Zero Suit. I'm mostly getting them for collecting purposes, though I plan on using them in my games. In particular, I'm hoping that the FE character amiibos are made compatible with the SMTxFE game that is (supposedly) in development.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Only way I'd get an amiibo is if I get a New Nintendo 3DS XL since they are compatible with amiibos.
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
So, it's entirely merchandise driven? Yeah, NO, that's the biggest gripe I have about Skylanders. That you don't just buy the game, you have to spend a fortune on EVERYTHING ELSE AS WELL to get 100% completion.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
At first, I did plan on getting the entire collection, at least for Smash. Then the single printing crap came to light, and most figures are a rarity the day they come out. So now, I'll take either my mains, or even just my favorites, if that much. :\

I have Yoshi, because why the heck not? Pikachu, because it has been a main of mine since the N64 (Excluding Brawl, where it just sucked), and Marth.
I have a

- Level 50 Mario
- Level 50 Yoshi
- Level 50 Dankest Kang
- Level 50 Captain Falcon
- Level 50 Marth. hahahahaha, I got the last one in stock literally just after the store announced they had 1 left on social media.
- hahahahahahahahahaha no you can't buy it from me
- Level 10 Fox
- Level 10 Pikachu
- Level 10 Samus
- Level 10 Lonk

.u.

Also, Kathira, only Skylanders and Infinity are DLC: The Game. Amiibos are purely add-on content and have no effect on 100% completion.

They're only really worth buying for Smash Bros, anyway, as you get what's essentially another player for all of us lonely people out there. It sounds like it's just a Level 9 AI, but it's much more evil then that.
Wow, nice snag MrKyurem!

I was really hoping they would be compatible with the 3DS version of the game. I can't actually play the Wii U version at school because it stays at home with my family. I'll have to wait until spring break to actually use my amiibos, or go to sbb club (yes, we have one!).

At this point, I really just want Lucina and Shulk. I'm monitoring Shulk on a tool that notifies you the moment amiibos are available to preorder. If I can find Marth... I will definitely bite, but Marth's pretty much my least favorite lord in the FE Series, and I really don't care about him that much.

Where's my Roy amiibo?
~ Taav

Isaac they're going to be compatible with the New Nintendo 3DS XL
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
I am aware of that. But does this mean that SSB for 3DS will have that functionality when being played on the New 3DS XL? Or will that functionality never be implemented...?

Either way, I can't use the Amiibos now. I have an original 3DS XL, and no Wii U on campus.
~ Taav