9F - 00 [ Blue ]

[ ( Red ) ^ ( Green ) ] v ( Blue ) = 11

00 ^ 11 = 00
00 ^ 00 = 00
10 ^ 11 = 10
10 ^ 00 = 00
01 ^ 11 = 01
01 ^ 00 = 00

Well there's no 11 there or in the Blues so that can't be right. I have a few guesses though but those all seem incorrect. Well, I'm going to take a guess. Jango pressed the buttons on floor 9,4, and 5.

OOC: 100th post YAY
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
*click*

A sound could be heard though the door, but the door still did not want to budge.

(00 ^ 11) v 00
= (00) v 00
= 00

No dice. Surely there was a combination that worked, but not this one.

OOC: You can do it!
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Ozomin smiled as God created a perfect, fist-sized diamond. He'd been hoping that his display of power would goad God into another display of his, which Ozomin would be watching very closely to see how they worked. Ozomin's initial suspicions had been correct. God was indeed creating matter out of nothing. The diamond had simply appeared, no rearrangement of the carbon in the air like Ozomin did. Ozomin wanted that kind of power, very badly. But there were still too much unknowns about this God.

Ozomin stepped forward. "I'm willing to reconsider your offer," he said. "But first, I want to know everything. Are you omnipotent, or are there limits to your powers, and if so, what are they? Are you the only God, or are you part of a pantheon? Are there rules about the use of your powers that must be followed? And I still want to know exactly what you would gain from this. You say that we wouldn't understand, but surely that means there's no harm in telling us." Ozomin was incredibly tempted by these powers. But it was just like making new chemical compounds. You had to know everything about them before they could be properly used.
Oh wait I think I got it now...

Jango went to press the buttons on 8,5 and 3.

Since one value has a true in the first and the second has true in the second position I think this might work.
Moderator Hawkman32

(04-23-2015, 05:29 AM)Eonrider Wrote: Ozomin stepped forward. "I'm willing to reconsider your offer," he said. "But first, I want to know everything. Are you omnipotent, or are there limits to your powers, and if so, what are they? Are you the only God, or are you part of a pantheon? Are there rules about the use of your powers that must be followed? And I still want to know exactly what you would gain from this. You say that we wouldn't understand, but surely that means there's no harm in telling us."

Shado also wanted to know more details, but she was particularly concerned with one specific detail.

"Would we get to choose our power? Can we dictate the specifics of how it works?" Pressuring answers from so powerful a being was dangerous - no, "dangerous" was a gross understatement if this man really was a god - but Shado needed to know this if she were to accept. She watched the man closely for his reaction. Would she even get warning if he decided to obliterate her?
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

Red = 01
Green = 11
Blue = 10

(01 ^ 11) v 10
= 01 v 10 = 11

"ZRRRRRT"

Loud beeping noises could be heard from behind the door. After a few seconds, Remna heard the sound of heavy gears churning.

"CRRR CRR CRR CRR... PSSSSSSH"

It was quite the complicated mechanical system, for such a simple puzzle. Remna figured that the puzzle only seemed trivial - for the average person, it must have been fairly difficult. He was quite lucky to have the mathematics background. If all the puzzles were like this, then reaching the top would also be trivial.

Of course, if it wasn't a quantitative problem, things would be far more difficult. Unlike Jango, Remna's physical limits were extremely finite, and his speaking ability even more finite (or nonexistent). He would have to rely on Jango for his far more qualitative skill set.

Remna pulled on the door handle. This time, the door slowly but surely crept open. They could finally proceed! When Jango finally made it back to the 10th floor, Remna issued a "Thumbs Up" to him - a sign reserved for recognizing something highly positive - and waited for him to catch up.

Jango and Remna proceeded, still no wiser about the true nature of the tower, but slightly more confident in their abilities.

Proceed to next part: Floor 11 and onward...
~ Taav

On Floor 11, there were a large door. Remna and Jango then walked through the door. After this happened, however the door fell down behind them and a wall divided the two. The two walked forward in their respective corridors and they both saw a chest. Inside was 5 knives, a rope, and a stick. The two both heard the same voice.

" ONLY TAKE ONE OR DEATH FOLLOWS FOR YOU!

OOC: This is an adventure... I guess... This will probably defy all logic of sizes or room but go with it. Choose what you take.
Moderator Hawkman32

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
// TOWER CLIMBING: PART III (Floors 11-??)
// Remna and Jango
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remna jumped back in response to the voice. What did it want? What was it trying to say?! Remna's English comprehension skills were not up to par, making it impossible to acquire any knowledge from the voice. The only thing he could conclude was that - based on the harsh, unforgiving tone of the mysterious voice - whatever was being said must be important.

Whatever the case, there was a chest sitting at the end of the corridor. Should he open it? He didn't see why not.

*flip*

Inside, he found some knives, a rope, and a stick. Would he need these? If Gror was around, he could take them all, but alas - that was not the case. He figured that at best, he would only be able to carry one or two items. But which ones?

A. The set 5 Knives? Unlikely. As weapons, they required more skill than Remna could dream of having. But as tools, they might be useful... There were also many of them... Remna wasn't sure how he would carry them all. He assigned them a weight of 5, and a value of 2.

B. The rope? Maybe..? Perhaps he would have use of some Knot Theory theorems in solving this next puzzle... or perhaps not? The rope was a finite struct, but with a little added math, the spacial possibilities were infinite in several dimensions. It was also very light. Remna assigned the rope a weight of 1, and a value of 4.

C. The stick? Who knows? Remna couldn't think of any reason in particular why a stick would be useful. He didn't know many theorems involving sticks, only rods. This one was clearly not a conductor... So what was its purpose? Perhaps this was a "Wild Card" object, one that would have some sort of surprising effect in very specific circumstances. Remna assigned it a weight of 2, and a value of 3.

Remna's abstract napsack object had a big W value of 16, and he was already carrying a marker (weight 2, value 10), "A Thought About Thought" by Charles Dehugh (weight 8, value 7), and his old pistol (weight 4, value 4).

Remna would have to use a Greedy strategy to determine his best inventory. He abhorred the thought of using such an archaic, inefficient algorithm to obtain his optimal big V, but alas, even he didn't have the poly-time solution to an NP-complete problem. Luckily, his problem domain was considerably small, so a bad big-O wasn't worthy of considerable mulling.

In his mind, he sorted each of the objects by their values, and greedily picked the most valuable objects that could fit under his big W capacity. It didn't take him more than a few seconds to maximize his big V:

Taking: Marker, Book, Rope, Pistol
Leaving: Stick, Knives

As anticipated, Remna would have to leave the stick and set of knives behind. His knapsack was not filled completely (w = 15 < W = 16), but his total value was most definitely optimal (V = 25). And this result made perfect sense, as he didn't wish to leave his own objects behind, and the rope seemed to be the most practical thing to take.

And so... after what may have been half a minute of pondering, Remna retrieved the rope from the chest. He wished he could understand the strange voice's ominous words. He hoped he wasn't missing any important information, though by any logical assumption, he most definitely was.
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

As Remna walked into the next room, there was a small puzzle. It read...

Bullet___ Piece

There was a pad of paper, a pen, and a slot in the corner but much too small for anyone to fit through.
Moderator Hawkman32

Bullet___ Piece

What was this? To Remna, it appeared to be a fill-in-the-blank puzzle, but the context was extremely vague. What could possibly fit between "Bullet" and "Piece" that would make syntactical and semantical sense? Nothing seemed to fit at first glance...

The room itself was mostly empty - not unlike most of the rooms in this tower. Aside from the enigmatic text on the wall, there was some paper, and another pen. He considered taking the pen and paper for himself, but hesitated. Perhaps they were somehow involved in the puzzle? It was very likely, as it seemed like everything int his tower had some sort of function.

He then turned his attention to a suspicious-looking slot in the wall beside the engraved text. Perhaps he needed to put something in there? It seemed like several of the objects in the room would fit.

With no other leads, Remna took the pad of paper. Would the entire thing fit inside the slot? No... it didn't seem like it would. But perhaps a single sheet would fit. But then... what was the purpose of the pen? Remna postulated the purpose of slot to be a scanner of sorts. It would take in a written message from the paper, translate it, and then reveal the way forward should the message be correct.

Then... all that he needed to do was find the correct words to insert. Remna wrote down the word "Gun" in his most legible handwriting, and attempted to stick the message into the slot.
~ Taav

Jango was in a room by himself. It was fitted with the normal TV, clock, bed, dresser, and the likes..There was a large passage and a slot that said "Insert item here". There was also a slot in the wall. It said the words "Insert Item" Out of a slot, presumably for receiving, a paper came through. It was in Remna's handwriting. He looked for a gun but nothing resembled a gun or firearm. He must have gotten it wrong.

OOC: That is based off a game called missing link. Find a word that links both I.e. Porch light light bulb. You can guess multiples things at once, just shove a piece of paper in.
Moderator Hawkman32

(04-23-2015, 05:29 AM)Eonrider Wrote: "I'm willing to reconsider your offer. But first, I want to know everything. Are you omnipotent, or are there limits to your powers, and if so, what are they? Are you the only God, or are you part of a pantheon? Are there rules about the use of your powers that must be followed? And I still want to know exactly what you would gain from this. You say that we wouldn't understand, but surely that means there's no harm in telling us."
(04-24-2015, 01:10 AM)BlackInfinityEE129 Wrote: "Would we get to choose our power? Can we dictate the specifics of how it works?"
Haru frowned. For a couple of mortals, these were certainly a suspect group. Haru was reasonably certain that, should he be in their place, he would have accepted the gifts without second thought.

His ruse as God was beginning to fall through, but would the mortals accept gifts from someone who lied? He would have to take a chance, unfortunately. Continuing to claim as God had been his plan from the start, but it didn't appear to be working. If he didn't change track, he'd have to abandon the project altogether. That would be bad. Very bad.

"Ozomin, is it?" he asked, making a gesture to draw the troll closer. Trolls were disgusting creatures, but this one seemed to be something of an anomaly. "You ask... good questions. I admire your curiosity, and for this, I'll grant you answers. However, should you encounter another god, I suggest you're a bit less forward.

"That answers one question, I suppose. I am, in fact, part of pantheon. The pantheon, actually. I'm considered... a particularly powerful god, to say the least, though recently my power has been dwindling. You see, it was I that created existence." He paused here; another lie. Sort of. Though he hadn't personally created existence, another Haru down the line had, and so it was considered for the purpose of simplicity that he had. It wasn't worth the effort to explain the heritage of gods. "The alpha universe, the realm of the physical... that was the least of my works. Here, the infinite plane of the theoretical, is where I find true solace in my labours.

"But I digress. You asked of the limit of my powers, and what benefit this brings me. The answers are tied. My powers are limited by the amount of glory brought to me. I am the god of spontaneous generation; as such, I have the potential for great power. However, in a reality where spontaneous generation is generally thought to be impossible, I have dwindled in power significantly. I hope that by granting you the power of spontaneous generation, you will give me the glory I need to work on my own. Not that I expect any of you to understand that."

Haru mused for a moment, trying to recall the last question. He sure did talk a lot, didn't he? He'd effectively drowned out everyone else's words with his own. Ah, well, there was the matter of restrictions, still.

"And there are restrictions," he said softly. "You can only create things within reason. You are not gods. It is not your place to create worlds. If you must create life, it will probably be dim-witted. But other than that, the potential is basically unlimited. Do you still doubt me?"
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
The paper slid through the opening of the slot perfectly, and was quickly sucked in. There was no response, which probably meant that the answer was incorrect.

Remna understood why. 'Gun' did not fit as a direct link between Bullet and Piece. It was more of a possessive association - "a bullet is a piece of a gun" - but it didn't make sense in the order "bullet gun piece". Remna was still unsure of the exact type of answer the puzzle was looking for, but he had some new ideas to try.

Shell, Case, Primer, Cartridge, Barel, Fracture, Point...

It seemed as though the word would have to use bullet as a noun modifier: "Bullet Wound", "Bullet Point", et cetera. This narrowed the search of words down to nouns belonging to the the set of things pertaining to Bullet. And the puzzle's catch, was that this noun would also have to be a modifier of the second word "Piece".

Remna assumed Shell to be his best guess. A Bullet shell pertained to the metal casing surrounding most bullets, and Shell piece could pertain to a shard of a sea shell, among other things. The other answers seemed to fit the criteria as well, so he wrote each one on a separate line and submitted another sheet of paper to the slot. He watched as it sucked his answers into the unknown, and wondered if Jango was working through a similar puzzle.
~ Taav

Ozihcs thought it over, what the god had said. It started to make sense, but he had to ask a question, just to be sure.

"Is it . . . is it like being a dreamer, but what you dream, other people can see?"

Then arose another question. It was a somewhat frightful realisation, and not wanting to accept a gift that would bring him more trouble than usefulness, Ozihcs had to ask about this matter as well.

"You said spontaneous generation. Is it possible, that one might generate phenomena out of control?" If it was like dreaming, then it could possibly be a nightmare too. The ego did not have absolute control over the mind, not even full awareness of it. Ozihcs knew this. That was why a pair of red eyes still watched him from atop a building. Ozi had been a product of his dreams; or was it, that Ozi had come into his dreams from another world? People had different answers to that question, if such a Dream World really existed or not. As scientists had given up the idea of such a place, they had tried to construct an artificial dream world which read people's minds, their thoughts and imagination, letting them join together into one and the same dream.

Perhaps this was what was happening here, why they were all here. But Shado had said this was no dream. Ozihcs could not determine, if his body and mind were in the same place.
Jango sat in his room eating a sandwich and looked at the time on the alarm clock. It was powered off. Suddenly, a paper came out of the container. It said "Shell Case Primer Cartridge Barrel Fracture piece." He saw a seashell in the corner of the room and put it in. However, nothing happened.Jango then heard a voice.

"Ugh, this is so boring! Let's speed this up."

A sign appeared on the wall that said the hint.

"You can send your partner 5 one words hints not directly answering it."

Jango then sent the word "Matrix". Hopefully Remna got the reference to the movie.
Moderator Hawkman32

Again... nothing. None of the answers were correct. Remna was slightly disappointed that he had not cracked the key yet.

Then... a sheet of paper shot out of the same slot that he was inserting paper into. Based on the handwriting, it was most likely from Jango.

"Matrix"

What did matrices have to do with this puzzle? It clearly wasn't a mathematical puzzle, like the last one. Also, Remna could not think of any related terms that would help him here: Row, Column, Vector, Cross, Laplace, Dot, Simplex, Identity.. nothing was even remotely relevant to either of "Bullet" and "Piece". He was definitely misinterpreting something.

Jango's message did shed some light on the situation, however. It seemed as though Remna's original postulate was wrong. This was not an automated scanner, but merely a means of transport. Remna would solve the puzzle, and Jango would use the answer to solve his own puzzle. But since there was a means of communication between the two...

Cannot
Comprehend
Matrix

He slipped another paper into the slot, and it disappeared once more into the wall.
~ Taav

Of course he wouldn't know movies. I dont think he could comprehend this term. Hopefully he could still get it. Jango sent

Movie
Moderator Hawkman32

It appeared God's haughty exterior had been worn down. Ozomin could tell he was telling some of the truth, but not all of it. This didn't bother him, though. There were almost certainly some things that simply couldn't be explained adequately in so short a time, and he supposed Gods needed to keep secrets, too. Ozomin nodded thoughtfully.
"Alright," he said. "I accept your offer." Powers like these could not simply be turned down. Plus, it what would happen if this God were to lose all glory? Would he die? And what of the universes he created? Judging by God's words, though, it wouldn't be wise to make a habit of interrogating Gods, so he kept these questions to himself. Except for one.
"You say you want us to bring you glory. If we're to do that, we may need to know the name of the one being glorified. Is that necessary, and are you willing to provide it?"
"Movie"

Movie... Remna had heard the term before, though he wasn't reasonably certain of its definition. According to the lifeless mass of books that raised him, movies were the result of someone taking many still images, and blending them together in such a way that it appears to be one moving picture. Granted, the number of images had to be so great, and the timing so short, that it would have to out-speed even the most agile eyes. Remna had no knowledge of technology that could make this possible - at least before finding this world.

Matrix must have been a reference to one of these so-called movies. Not that this helped much - what would he know about a specific instance of movie?

What is this Matrix Movie about?

OOC: I totally haven't seen the Matrix. I actually don't watch movies often, even the good ones.
~ Taav

Jango hadn't gotten a reply from Remna. He assumed he still didn't get it. He decided to hint to the last group. He sent

"Pocketwatch"
Moderator Hawkman32