[OPEN] Zen
(02-09-2015, 11:54 AM)Hawkman32 Wrote: Firstly, I think some people may find it rude to be called human. It'd be more polite to just say "What is your name?" Secondly, my name is Jango. So, how'd you get here and how'd you get rid of that shark.

It was most fortunate that this breed of human did not find it rude to be called human, but was intelligent enough to understand that this social complexity could be found in other humans. Remna would keep this in mind before inquiring others about names - in case they happened to be less barbaric.

It was great to be able to communicate with another human... though Remna was expecting it to be more fun. Perhaps to fully appreciate this communication, he would have to learn speech. He would have to try to pick things out from spoken language, and use his knowledge of English vocabulary to match syllables to lexical content. Not a bad exercise to keep the neurons firing.

Jango wanted an explanation for Remna's appearance and the shark's disappearance. Remna made an attempt to explain.

Gror and I have mapped ourselves to this plane of existence from the imaginary axis, using an integer function lemma we have proven for our own plane. The shark was, in theory, collinear with our tangent projection from ix to xy'. If our assumptions stand, let xy' reside in a non-linear antiset spanning R^2. Let the shark in question be represented by a point S = (u, v), collinear with our tanget projection. Then we shall show that for all points P = (a, b) coplanar to xy', the antiset must project a unique tangent onto S. We start by confirming the lemma 5.62 in "Elementary N-sets" by Theodore Vlyarm, page 578...

Remna continued... making his explanation less and less clear to Jango with each additional line, if it was ever even clear in the first place. He simply could not entertain the idea of a simple explanation, so he instead went for a lengthy and convoluted one. He kept carving words into the ground until Jango finally stopped him. Oh well...
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Ok, I'm going to put this in less intelligent terms. You are basically a figure on a plane, and you can travel between levels of that plane. You traveled to this plane and landed here. Now, you landed on a set number of coordinates. The shark was inside of these coordinates so it is now inside Gror?

I barely understood it, and tried to pin together things from math and coordinate planes. Hopefully I was somewhat correct, but it makes me feel sad a 14 year old is smarter than me. However, I guess some intelligence could benefit me in my search for justice. Wow, in my head that sounds so cheesy.
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
Now, how exactly was he to get home? Having walked down the street was just his heading in a random direction without much deeper thought. The only way home Ozihcs was aware of was the spiral he had travelled through, but it did not seem to be around where it had dropped him, so he had to look for it somewhere else. After all, he might never find it, and eventually just wake up, for this was a nightmare world, wasn't it?

"Through the black spiral," he explained, not sure it would make any sense, but at least it was true. Since Shado was asking him questions, one slightly more difficult to answer than the next, he could take this as an opportunity to ask his own questions. There must be many questions he could ask. He chose one of them. "You haven't . . . eh . . . happened to see such a spiral anywhere?"
"Black spiral? No... I don't believe I have..."

So Ozihcs was using some sort of interdimensional portal to travel between this plane and his. Like a boom tube, except for traveling across realities instead of space. And that it was apparently black. This posed some problem to Shado, as portals tended to be strictly limited to one starting point and one ending point, neither of which, Shado presumed, was her own Physical Plane. Still, it was the best lead she had, and a fascinating one at that. From the comforts and familiarity of the Shadow Plane, Shado had "peeked" into a number of Physical Planes, but they had all been "close by" planes, that is, she had only glimpsed those planes that, by some seemingly arbitrary rule, existed in close proximity to her own Physical Plane within the Shadow Plane. Thus the number of different realities she could observe was limited. What was this Physical's reality like? Perhaps one so alien that his curious behavior was normal. Suffice to say, regardless of whether or not investigating this black spiral helped Shado get back to her home, she was interested. She did, as they say, have all the time in the world.

"Do you need help looking for it?"
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

The black spiral on the sky had been sighted several times by Ozihcs, and usually did it frighten him. He had a vague idea of what caused the spiral to appear, but he was not sure enough to mention anything out loud. The spiral caused more trouble than help, and if it had a counter-part in this world - which it likely had, since it had dropped him here - then it was probably causing trouble here also. The trouble it caused could vary, and did not necessarily look the same in each world. An example from his own world was the mad emperor who had once ruled long ago. It was said that he had been controlled by the black spiral sun.

Ozihcs needed that spiral now, however, if he was to find a path to his world. If the spiral was evil enough, it would drop him right into the hands of the white-coats at the asylum. A more fortunate scenario would be, if he just landed somewhere on the field.

"Aye, I would appreciate some help, but . . . I have to tell you, it's not the nicest thing we're looking for."

He could use the spiral as a portal, but that was true for all kinds of things, and an army of nightmarish creatures could come pouring out of the black hole at any time. Thinking about monsters, Ozihcs wondered where his dream-monster had run off to, if the winged dog-monkey wished to travel back with him. He guessed Ozi would pop up whenever he felt like it, probably at some inappropriate time to annoy him.
OOC: I realize that I've been completely ignoring Dylan, my Shade, since I started exploring this city. I'm pretty embarrassed about that, actually, as it is some rather blatant inconsistency on my part. Dylan obviously doesn't talk or interact much, so whenever I start to ignore/forget about him, you can mostly assume he's sticking nearby to Shado, but keeping hidden, either in some patch of darkness or Shado's own shadow. Also, let's just get this out of the way now: yes, Shado the Shadow has a Shade. Shut up.

"Well then, I'll just be sure to give it a stern talking to when I see it."

Who knows, maybe Ozihcs was speaking literally, and this portal was actually sentient. That would be something.

From a darkness wreathed side of the street, Shado felt Dylan calling to her. He felt impatient and eager, but also with a curiosity that mirrored her own. It took Shado a moment to realize that Dylan wanted to meet this Ozihcs personally. She ignored him, but he persisted, his emotions becoming more and more insistent. When Shado continued to disregard him, he emerged anyway, seeming to materialize from the very darkness itself into a vague humanoid shape. He floated over to Shado and Ozihcs, and Shado sighed.

"Well, that just happened. Ozihcs, I'd like you to meet my... er, friend. Dylan."

This ought to be interesting.

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

Shado sounded confident, but she was a warrior after all, or at least that was the impression Ozihcs got from her. Then, she seemed to be listening to something, perhaps a voice in her head, and Ozihcs was about to ask another question, but then a humanoid shadow appeared from nowhere. The boy took a few steps back, at first thinking that this was a shadow dream-monster, but then Shado introduced the shadow as her friend. Ozihcs had no good experience concerning shadow beings, so he remained where he was, at some distance. The spiral was a kind of shadow too. Perhaps Shado and Dylan had travelled through the black spiral, but if they had, why had they not said so? He did not think this was their world; they must be coming from The Void or a similar place. If so, could they pass through walls into The Void and maybe take him home that way? Ozihcs did not trust them enough to let them do that, at least not since the shadow being had appeared.

"You are not from this world, are you?" he asked slowly. "Where . . . where do you come from?" If it was a world he recognised, it would help him in how much he could trust them. Shado seemed nice, probably just using the power of shadows rather than being a shadow herself, like one her companion was. If that was true, then she did not have to be a threat, even if the shadows were, depending on how they affected her.
"Bat-dammit, Dylan," Shado said in response to Ozihcs shying away from him. "You spooked him. See, that's why you don't pop out at people like that. Now, say you're sorry."

She chuckled. Dylan, of course, gave no reaction.

Ozihcs had asked her a question. What had it been...? Ah, yes. Well, Shado supposed if he hadn't already figured it out, then there was no harm in telling him. Most likely he had never heard of the Shadow Plane.

"What, the Shade didn't tip you off?" She asked sarcastically, but not too harshly. He was giving her an odd look as it was. "I, sir, give greetings from the Shadow Plane." And she gave an overexaggerated bow with the proclamation.

She paused for a moment, then said more seriously, "quid pro quo: what's your world like?"

Ozihcs still studied the shadow with suspicion. He tried to analyse how strong it was, but it was hard to say. It wasn't like Ozi would defend him anyway, in case it attacked. He would have to trust that Shado had control of the Shade.

He tried to be happier as Shado joked with him, but he was still worried about this strange place and the strange people. He had to stay serious a while longer, till he knew the situation better.

Ozihcs had never heard the term Shadow Plane. It sounded to him, like it was a layer in the dimensions in which there was a lot of shadow. A shadow could symbolise your other self, or what you did not know about yourself. He guessed that the Shadow Plane was a hidden world of secrets. Its exact relation to other worlds, he had yet to find out.

When Shado asked him about his own world, he had to turn his focus on his own origins.

"My world is . . . known as Nostalgia. There is a group of islands there. I live on one of them. There are lots of fields." He was not sure how to describe his world, when he did not know how different it was from the Shadow Plane. "The sky is amber. There are cherry trees." He started to miss his home now. Ozihcs loved the lands where he lived, but not the mad house on the northern field. "There is a gigantic city on the island. I always wanted to go there."

He looked around himself at the rainy city of the current world.

"There is also a city like this one. At first, I almost thought I had ended up there."
(02-10-2015, 02:03 PM)Dazel Wrote: Booker shook his head. He was driving the angel away, no doubt. "Talk about rambling... By the way, what's your name?"
'Call me Kath,' Kath replied. 'And I could ramble about rambling for hours. You really don't seem comfortable talking to me. Not a really a social guy, eh?'
It was at this moment that she realised CAVIRD was nowhere near her. She opened up a comms to the drone's network and began directing it to get back to her; it tended to get lost in the early days of wherever universe they were in before it had mapped enough of the area to not get screwed up in its pathfinding. Apparently, leaping onto the roof of the building then jumping down had confused it.
'I'd be fine with going with you, might tell me where I could explore when I'm done here. If you wouldn't mind waiting a bit for my drone to get ba- Oh, here it is.' A greyscale Inkay descended to about Kathira's shoulder height. 'This here's CAVIRD, it doesn't do anything except be an extra pair of eyes until I switch to sleep mode. Alright, you lead, you know where we're going, let's go get this fuzzy brother of yours, eh?'
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
"Hm. Interesting." Ozomin stooped over his desk, examining the sample he had recently picked up from the swamp surrounding his home through the zoom lens on his shades. The organisms in the sample were quite fascinating to him. He had already studied them intensively, but he always hoped they would reveal something new to him. They had round, almost cylindrical, bodies, with six legs and a circular mouth. The reason Ozomin was so interested in them was because they looked very similar to his lusus, only on a microscopic scale. Speaking of Ozomin's lusus, it was probably about time to check up on him. It didn't look like the miniatures were going to display any new behavior, anyway.

Ozomin stepped outside his hive, savouring the cool night air. Alternia's green moon was almost directly overhead, and its purple moon was just beginning to appear over the horizon, indicating to Ozomin that it was almost midnight. This was nothing unusual. Like most trolls, Ozomin was nocturnal. Alternia's sun was simply too bright and hot to make being diurnal viable, and only trolls bearing the rare jade-coloured blood could stand to be out under its glare for more than a few minutes. Most trolls simply burned to death if they were caught outside during the day.

Ozomin continued to look at the night sky for a while, forgetting what he had originally come out for. Soon he would be of age, and it would be time for him to leave the Alternian homeworld. He scanned the stars above him, wondering which one of them his new home planet would be orbiting. As he watched, a shooting star appeared in the sky ahead. It streaked across the sky in a perfect arc, and before Ozomin's eyes landed with a crash in the distance. As the noise from the crash died down, Ozomin heard a distressed-sounding roar and remembered the reason he came outside in the first place. He rushed over to where his lusus usually resided, and found the beast in a panic. Ozomin quickly moved over to him and started petting his lusus' thick, leathery skin and making soothing noises in an attempt to calm him down. Once the panic was over, Ozomin looked over to where the shooting star had landed. It could very well be worth his time to go over and collect samples. It wasn't every day a space rock landed in your neighbourhood. Ozomin clambered up on top of his lusus, and pointed him in the direction of the crash.

Although the crash site was quite some distance away, Ozomin's lusus was perfectly suited for travelling over the uneven and semi-submerged swamp terrain and the pair arrived at their destination before long. What they found there was very different from what Ozomin expected. In the centre of the impact crater was a building. It certainly hadn't been there before; if it had it would have been destroyed in the crash. Cautious, Ozomin watched for a bit, wondering if any alien creature would emerge. Extraterrestrials were nothing new to Ozomin. The Alternian Empire had conquered many alien worlds in its time, and it currently held an iron grip on the galaxy. After watching for several minutes with no sign of life, Ozomin decided to go in for a closer look.

On the front of the building was a large door, big enough for even Ozomin's lusus. As Ozomin approached, he brought his lusus with him, and withdrew a vial of acid from his sylladex. He hoped he wouldn't need it. Ozomin didn't like fighting, and he'd prefer to use the sleeping gas he also had, but there was no guarantee it would be effective on an alien life form. Acid was generally a safe bet in a pinch. As Ozomin approached the door, it opened on its own, causing the troll to flinch backward and prepare to throw the vial in his left hand. But there was no-one beyond the door. Instead, Ozomin found several monitors, all blank, and a strange device in the centre of the room. There were no other rooms, and nothing inside this one lived. Now more curious than cautious, Ozomin went inside to investigate.

No matter what Ozomin did, he couldn't get any of the monitors to respond. He wasn't even sure what any of them were for. Behind him, without his knowledge, Ozomin's lusus was getting very close to the device in the centre. It was a large circular platform with a strange Spirograph design on it, and many other pieces of machinery pointed at it. Ozomin turned, but too late. His lusus wandered onto the platform, and disappeared in a flash of light.

Ozomin was distraught. For a moment all he did was stand there, mouth agape. His lusus, the closest thing to human parent he had, and his lifelong guardian and companion had just been vaporised before his eyes. Then the gross, unstoppable, chest-heaving sobs started, and Ozomin fell to his knees, golden tears running down his grey face. He remained like this for a few minutes, before he finally managed to force himself to calm down. He had to be logical here. Turning the zoom function of his shades on, he had a close look around the room. Not a trace of the organic material which would be all that remained of his lusus. This meant only one thing. Matter could not be destroyed, which meant that Ozomin's lusus still existed somewhere. He had not been destroyed, simply moved. This left Ozomin with only one option. He had to use the device himself, and try to find his missing lusus. Bracing himself, Ozomin stepped onto the platform.

The first thing he noticed about his destination was the rain. Almost instinctively, Ozomin activated his telekinetic abilities, drying his clothes and creating a small sphere surrounding him in which no rain fell. The next thing he noticed was that there was no device similar to the one that brought him here present, meaning that there was no way back. The third thing he noticed was a set of footprints that could only belong to his lusus. He breathed a sigh of relief. His lusus was still alive, then. Judging by the depth and spacing of the footprints, the large beast had been running at a full sprint. He must have been spooked by his sudden relocation. Ozomin looked at where the trail led. Oh dear. A city. Even from this distance Ozomin could tell the architecture was certainly not Alternian. Which meant that he was no longer on Alternia. Which, in turn, meant that whatever species built this city probably had little experience dealing with Alternian fauna, like Ozomin's lusus. As Ozomin realised this, he set off toward the city, sprinting as hard as he could. He had to catch up before someone got hurt by his panicked custodian.

OOC: Wow, this ended up longer than I thought it would. Anyone who feels like it can run into Ozomin's lusus, he should be in the city by this point and Ozomin won't be too far behind. It should be noted that Ozomin does speak English, so communicating with him shouldn't be a problem.
(02-14-2015, 04:28 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: 'Alright, you lead, you know where we're going, let's go get this fuzzy brother of yours, eh?'
Booker nodded his head. "Right," he murmured, mulling over his course of action real quick before springing forward. "Assuming the townspeople haven't been digging into the ground lately, my Worldstone should be nearby. I'm not sure if it's big enough to take us both, yet, but we can try..."

Booker winced. What if it went wrong? "Or... don't you have a Worldstone of your own? How is it that you jump between worlds?"

He began walking, assuming Kathira would follow him. He lead her through the forest of buildings as she responded, searching for the edge of the city. It was a large settlement to be sure, and it was aptly protected against the torrential downpours that seemed to plague it. The sides of the stone roads were made of an especially sturdy material and formed chutes through which water collected and streamed downward with the force of a river. The roads were slanted to the sides so that the water that touched them would slope down and fall into the water slides. It was remarkably well-built, but Booker couldn't help but wonder how the city had looked before the dynamic roads had been implemented.

Flooded, probably. Doubtless, if he was truly interested, he could find the reality in which the dynamic roads had never existed and travel to it. Pinpointing the location would probably take time through mundane means, but the Worldstone would take him there right away. The intricacies of Plenum were fascinating indeed. If only it was harnessable by man... Booker had been for years seeking the elusive but supposedly existent reserve within, to no avail. Perhaps someday...

Booker shook his head, waking himself up. What had Kathira said?
(02-16-2015, 06:24 PM)Dazel Wrote: Booker winced. What if it went wrong? "Or... don't you have a Worldstone of your own? How is it that you jump between worlds?"

He began walking, assuming Kathira would follow him.
Kathira settled into an easy pace, her servos quietly whirring away, becoming just on the edge of hearing after about twenty steps as they got used to the repetitive movement. She moved slower than normal, her normal being relatively speedy due to long legs and a personal preference for long loping strides, partly to keep pace with her new companion and partly because her outer skirt was absolutely soaked by this point and mildly restricting her movement. As soon as she got out of this downpour, she'd be better taking it off and wringing it out. And maybe leaving it at 'home' next time. And investing in a raincoat. She might've been waterproof but her clothes certainly weren't.
She thought about how best to answer Booker's question. From the mention of a 'Worldstone' and the fact that they were currently moving entirely spatially through the city, it seemed like he relied on fixed points to jump universes, unlike the mana based method she knew. 'Well,' she began, before speeding up her speech. 'The way I know, and can generally rely on for wherever I go in case fixed points don't exist, is to basically force open a-a hole at the co-ordinates of where I want to go and another in the place where I am, and shove myself through them before they collapse naturally. Simple spatial and more complex temporal and planar jumps work the same way, I think, but I'm terrible at time travel or plane jumping. Teleports aren't good for me either, since universe jumping sorta...guides you to somewhere relatively safe but a spatial teleport forces you to take planetary spin and orbit and star orbits and so on so you don't space yourself or telefrag. Kinda impossible when you jump as often as I do and don't get much chance to find out those important numbers. It's fairly mana intensive, too, fixed points are easier to use since the, uh, holes are already there. Even then, it gets pretty draining. I'll need to replace my power cells again after this jump, electric ain't that suited to teleports, uses more mana.'
She looked down at Booker. 'Sorry, I lost you, there didn't I! I...get like that. Technical explanations.' She shook her head in embarrassment.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
(02-16-2015, 07:58 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: 'Well,' she began, before speeding up her speech. 'The way I know, and can generally rely on for wherever I go in case fixed points don't exist, is to basically force open a-a hole at the co-ordinates of where I want to go and another in the place where I am, and shove myself through them before they collapse naturally. Sorry, I lost you, there didn't I! I...get like that. Technical explanations.' She shook her head in embarrassment.
Booker bit his lip. "No, I think I understand." A lie. There were too many of those, these days. Little white lies, innocent and light, that clustered together into a black soul. Someday, Cosmo would bring his harsh judgement down upon Booker, but not now, not yet. Somehow, while the clouds obscured the sky, and his eyes were obscured, Cosmo's wrath didn't seem so imminent. No wonder his birthplace of Stellos had become such a heartless realm. With no sun or moon or stars in the sky, who was there to fear?

"It's curious that our powers both operate fully here," Booker mused as he passed the city limits. The city was blocked off by a large wall, probably twenty feet in height, made entirely of cobblestone. What they kept out, Booker couldn't know, but the more accurate question was probably what they kept in.

"Eramancy is a form of magic, they say. Not a whimsical sort of magic, like in the stories, but a sound and structural sort, one that doesn't defy the laws of nature miraculously but instead works from them and is part of them. Theoretically speaking, this form of magic should only work in my world, or universe, or what have you. If it were usable anywhere else, why wouldn't anyone be born with it in other universes? Eramancy doesn't seem to be native here, and yet, I can still use it just like I can at home. Presumably, your form of magic—mana, was it?—faces the same circumstances. Curious, isn't it?" Booker quickly pinned his lips shut. Had he really just gone on about that? Stupid, stupid, stupid. What a fool. He really needed to learn how to keep his mouth shut...

"Ah, here we are." Booker fell to the ground next to a familiar bush and began clawing at it, scooping up dirt and flinging it behind him. Fortunately, it was soft because of the falling rain. The water poured into the hole, dragging particles of soil down with it back into the hole. Booker just continued scratching at the puddle until his nails scraped something solid; the sensation sent a chill down his spine and generated a prickly lump in his throat. He surpressed the feelings and promptly dug around the surface, eventually extracting the Worldstone.

He'd had this little Worldstone for some time now. He'd made it himself, which was no easy task, but it had proven worthwhile. It was hardly the size of his hand, and it was ill-used insofar, but with each use, it would grow more powerful. To use it, you had to deposit your power into it, making it grow in strength constantly. Someday, this little stone might be as potent as the one Booker had used to get here.

"Well, there's that," he chirped, rubbing some clumped mud off the precious stone's surface. "Uh, how specific do your coordinates have to be? Can you just... tell your mana to follow me?"
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
(02-16-2015, 08:47 PM)Dazel Wrote: "Uh, how specific do your coordinates have to be? Can you just... tell your mana to follow me?"
Kathira tapped her chin with an organic finger. So, not a fixed point, then, something more like personal teleporters that did all the work and energy use for you. 'Hrm. Sort of. I can do a scan of the residual magic to try and work out my exit co-ordinates, basically follow your energy pattern and figure out where you landed and use that for a personal jump, but it'll be a little tricky. Magic A is not magic B, it might take a while for me to run the scan and calculations. If I even can. It'll also be rather mana intensive; I'll absolutely have to have at least an hour to replace my power cells before we return, otherwise I won't be able to make the jump again. Let's just see if it works, for now. If you'd be so kind as to go first and give me my exit?'
OOC: Ohgod so many assumptions! *dope slaps Kathira* Longer post next time, promise, I'll think of something for the scanning and calculations.
(02-16-2015, 09:21 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: 'If you'd be so kind as to go first and give me my exit?'
"Uh..." Booker wanted to do what Kathira had suggested, and it would be rude not to, but he wasn't certain it would work. What alternative did he have, though? He wasn't sure what would happen if the angel was caught in limbo. Doubtless, if she wasn't killed instantly, she would figure it out, but could they take that chance?

"Okay." Before he could think too much about it, Booker invested some of his power into the Worldstone, and as usual, he felt the subtle, alien touch on his thoughts as the Worldstone skimmed them. Something within Booker lurched, and he clamped his eyes shut as his being became one with that of the stone he grasped. The extreme but exceedingly brief pain that came from ripping an entity from one world to the next ensued, and his feet touched the grass next to the Worldstone he'd used a few hours ago.

Booker absorbed sunlight and began stoking it immediately. Myriad colours exploded in his vision, the sound of the wind piercing his ears.

And the smell of smoke piercing his nose. A sudden, ear-splitting cry, both audible and mental.

Carnage.
OOC: Don't worry about it, take your time!
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
OOC: Gah, sorry Te-em for not updating. This week has kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. Right now I'm not studying for Differential Equations so I can write this post. Yay for procrastination...

"There is also a city like this one. At first, I almost thought I had ended up there."

Well, it didn't sound all that weird. Maybe that was just Ozihcs. The amber sky was an interesting tidbit, definitely unusual - as "unusual" as a world can be among infinite worlds - but not exactly weird per se.

"Thas' coo'" Shado responded amiably, slurring her words together casually in a way she knew made her sound nonchalant and easygoing. A silence extended afterwords. They had been standing in the same spot through their conversation, so Shado motioned forward and said, "So do you want to find your spiral? I'm pretty sure it's not coming to us."

Ozihcs was still staring warily at Dylan. Making an exasperated sound in her throat, Shado turned to her Shade. "Hey, stop lurking," she said to him sharply. "Go on! Get!" Dylan slowly drifted backwards into an area of shadow, disappearing into its depths. Shado turned back to Ozihcs. "See, the scary misty person is g-" The words died in her throat, trailing off into unintelligible noise. Dylan was directly behind Ozihcs, bending over him inquisitively. He was inches from the kid.

"Oo-eh-ehm." Shado cleared her throat, grateful that her mask hid her eyes so Ozihcs wouldn't see her looking past him. "He's gone," she finished weakly. Then, in a rush, "We should get going. That way. Going that way."

She walked off down the street, away from Dylan, not looking back. She really hoped that Ozihcs didn't.

OOC: Don't let the Integrals get you! :)

Ozihcs had that feeling of being watched again, very closely this time, but before he could turn to look back, Shado had already started walking, so he did the same.

As they followed the street, Ozihcs looked up at the grey buildings, wondering if they were really occupied. There was a not a sound in the city. He remembered the similar city in his world, and the scary people who lived there. They were people who kept mostly to themselves, it was rumoured, and the rest of society seemed to shun them. Ozihcs did not want to meet them. It happened that they frightened him a lot, but he did not know why; he could not remember.

There was no need to worry at the moment, he thought. This was not a nightmare version of that city, not since Shado was here too; he doubted she would have the same nightmare as he.

They continued down the street, and suddenly Ozihcs spotted a strange creature coming toward them. It was large and had at least six feet. There was no face, only a hole that might function as a mouth.

"Watch out!" he cried. "It's a daemon from The Void!"

It had to be. No other monster looked like that. He had no suitable weapon to fight it off with, and Ozi was still not around, so he hoped Shado could overpower it. Ozihcs guessed that the monster was one of the bigger minions, but not exactly of a high rank or with greater powers. It was quite large though, so Ozihcs stood ready to help Shado in anyway he could come up with.

The monster continued to rush blindly toward them, so it was either get out of the way or attack.
There was a giant micro-animal charging at Shado. And Ozihcs. Shado didn't know whether to feel fear, amusement, or simply dumbstruck. Wait, she knew what this thing was! The tiny version anyway. It was a... water... piglet! Water piglet. No... Yes. Yes, that was definitely what it was called.

Anyway, it was charging directly at her, and it was massive, and it was not slowing down. Should she get out of its way? She turned to Ozihcs to gauge his reaction, but before she could take note of him, her eyes gravitated to just behind him. Where Dylan had been. And was no longer.

"No, you idiot..." she muttered under breath, her head swiveling and her eyes searching the shadows. She could feel him. He felt determined, grim, resolute. But she couldn't find him.

To her right, the darkness under an overhang seemed to bulge outwards, as if it were solid and just barely containing some creature which strove to break free. Some very large creature.

"Dylan, don't!" she cried sharply, feeling equal amounts of exasperation and worry. Her biggest rule, which Dylan knew full well, was to not rely on any power that was not absolutely necessary for the situation. She could easily get out of this thing's way, Dylan didn't need to intervene. He didn't need to protect her against something they knew nothing about, which could have any unknown powers, which could rip Dylan to shreds if he was not careful. He didn't need to put himself at risk like that.

The bulge strained and finally ripped and a massive black shape burst forth, uttering a guttural roar. Dylan, in the shape of an enormous bear, at least the size of the water piglet, surged out from under the overhang and into the street in front of Shado, placing himself directly between her and the charging monstrosity. Facing it, he reared up to his full height and roared again, but didn't attack. Instead, he went back down on all fours and lowered his head, widening his stance and bracing against the charge of the monster.

Shado, for her part, was not about to let her best friend face that thing alone. She Stepped to the side, so that she had a clear line of sight with the thing, and summoned a long strip of shadow, bending it into a bow. She drew it and an arrow materialized, already knocked. The creature was almost upon Dylan, so she didn't have any time to infuse more shadow essence into the arrow to make it stronger. She released. The arrow hit the creature and exploded, a small blast and not very powerful, but hopefully enough to startle the creature into stopping its charge.

Ozomin was almost out of breath. He wasn't accustomed to moving quickly, and if he needed to travel he usually rode his lusus, which obviously wasn't an option right now. Thankfully his runaway custodian had been easy to follow, thanks to the path of destruction he left in his wake. Ozomin hoped he could catch up to him before he hurt someo - oh dear.

Ozomin had arrived almost too late. His lusus was charging right for three of this planet's inhabitants. They weren't trolls, which was strange, even though Ozomin wasn't on Alternia. Trolls existed on almost every inhabitable planet in the galaxy, and the planets' original inhabitants were almost always forced into either slavery or extinction. Two of the aliens were very similar in shape and size to trolls, although their skin wasn't grey and they didn't have horns. The other was a large black beast, roughly the same size as Ozomin's lusus. Perhaps this beast was some kind of lusus itself. One of the troll-like aliens raised its hand produced a shadowy bow, and fire a single arrow at Ozomin's charging lusus. The arrow exploded on impact, but, as Ozomin expected, it had no effect thanks to the lusus' thick skin. It also looked like the black beast was preparing to fight, which worried Ozomin. Those claws looked like they might be able to do some damage. Ozomin needed to stop them fighting somehow, but he was still too far away. Suddenly an idea came to him, but it was very risky.

Once more activating his telekinesis, Ozomin removed the friction on his shoes. This caused him to accelerate, faster and faster, towards the oncoming combat. "Stop! Don't hurt him!" he yelled, before he realised these aliens might not speak his language. He was almost caught up now. Turning suddenly, he put himself directly in the path of his rampaging lusus, increasing the friction once more to bring himself to a quick stop. He spread out his arms, facing his lusus and closed his eyes, hoping that the sight of him would bring an end to the beast's blind panic.

After a few seconds had passed, and Ozomin hadn't felt himself being barreled into, he opened his eyes again. Thankfully, his lusus had stopped his charge, and now stood passively before Ozomin, who breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you're okay," he said, walking over and giving his guardian a hug. Then he remembered where he was, and turned to face the aliens. He had probably just saved their lives. He hoped he didn't come to regret it.