Closed Mary Had a Little Sheep [Looking for 1-2 players]
Quote:
Mary Had a Little Sheep

Rating: Medium
Number of Players: Any
Requirements: Must have at least one Pokémon in your party at level 10 or higher.
Rewards: Mareep (Level 5; OT: Mary Freeman)
Objective: Mary Fairchild has been losing precious Mareep from her stables, and her fleece partnership with Versorecto Department Store is on the line. She needs to retrieve her lost sheep, and quick!

A long time ago, somewhere far away, Mary Freeman was simply a farmer girl, and one who raised livestock such as lamb before moving to New Logora. Now she herds Mareep, collecting the fleece, discharging it, and making clothing out of it for a living. She's had quite the number of big-name companies contacting her lately and trying to buy her material from her, especially since it is coming to be known as the softest fleece in all of New Logora.

She's been thinking about partnering with the Versorecto Department store since they have made clearly made a better offer than the rivaling Dia Department Store. Or at least she would partner with Versorecto if not for the sudden disappearance of Mareep from her stables recently. If she can't supply a certain amount of product, then the deal is off. And unless she can find the Mareep, no one will want to partner with her and she'll have to go back to making and selling the clothing herself.

Word has it that a couple of troublesome Lamlie and Lobovo have been spotted in the area. Perhaps investigating them might be the best place to start in finding the missing Mareep, six in total if Mary isn't mistaken. If you see happen to see her ad posted around New Logora and agree to help her find the missing pack of Mareep, then she would be more than willing to let you keep one for yourself, free of charge!

Posting time will be every three days, just in case people are busy. Let's give this a shot, people~
I'm down for this!
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Alright. We'll start tomorrow to give someone else time to jump in, unless you want to get this done now x3
Alright Bake, I agree with you. :\ My posts have all been crap so far, and I feel like, if anything, they're going to end up holding us back. Do you have any ideas, plans, whatever to possibly fix things?
Your posts are good, Orchestra. If anything, we just need a little momentum to push the story along. We should discuss the general direction that we wish to progress in, and then perhaps the writing part will feel a bit more natural. Starting's the hardest part - we didn't even get to the actual bugs in Bugs in the Bushes before I killed it with my post it collected dust.

So... the general plan is to use the captured Lamlie to lead us to wherever the pack is hiding so that we can rescue the Mareep. What I initially had in mind was to just let it run off and then use its general direction as a guide, though putting some sort of tracker on him would be much more effective. I have no idea if using the Pokedex to track an empty Pokeball would be feasible, but perhaps we could make it work? Alternatively, we could follow footprints, or better yet, coat his feet in something (paint, crude oil, ink, et cetera) that causes him to leave an obvious track through whatever kind of terrain he treads on.

Then we divide and conquer, so to speak, Luthire's a reckless idiot, so he's likely to try to force his way through the pack to get to the captive Mareep. It's also plausible that some Mareep will slip through the wolves and attempt to get away (maybe they can pass as Lamlie like the Lamlie pass as Mareep xD). Or perhaps some (or all) of the Mareep just wandered off by themselves... with the pack just being a false lead in their case. Your character appears to be more strategic than mine, so rather than the following along with my head-on assault in their territory, you could choose to avoid confrontation. Perhaps you could sneak some of the Mareep out while I provide the distraction. But you know your character the best, so have her do what matches her personality the best.

We've got plenty of options here, we just need to get things rolling first. I haven't actually done an IRP since Bugs in the Bushes went inactive, so this is a bit of an adjustment for me as well.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

Cecelia tends to be lazy and whiny, wanting nothing more than to be home, chatting and gaming online like any good nerd, but when she's focused, she becomes cold and calculating. She and Luthire would probably make a good pair for missions like this x3 One being the muscle and the other as the brains.

Man, the bug one was from the beginning of last year. I was a part of it... Maybe we can try it again another time. As for this IRP...

The pokeball plan is something Cecelia thought up in the heat of the moment, though she regrets bringing it up since she hasn't tested it thoroughly yet. Though it is empty, it does have Wyrmal's data in it. I'm not sure what we could coat Lamie's feet in, given the area we're in. What exactly would a Mareep ranch have that we could use for that sort of thing?

As for the actual confrontation, knowing Cecelia, she'll probably use Petilil to reduce the numbers of any attackers with powder moves. Though that will probably just cause trouble, since the Mareep will be in the mix... Like you said. There are so many options for every situation here. Having our Spraylets follow with Aqua Jet while we follow the water trails, using Rhett and Petilil's powder moves, Craid's Smokescreen, Having my Spraylet and Seviper use Screech to try to spook the Mareep...

Options, why so many D:
So I've applied Stun Spore to Lamlie. The idea is essentially the same as the one from Bugs in the Bushes, where I had Rhett make up some Stun Spore and Poison Powder ahead of time. Apparently spores do last quite some time, so keeping a external supply of it does not seem too unrealistic.

I had Cecelia take off her Pokeball from Lamlie in response as a way to express her regret for coming up with the idea. There's always the possibility that we go with both plans, so if you want me to change that, just let me know.

Now were slowly following Lamlie back to the pack. I anticipate that this will take some time, I've come up with a few ways that we could keep things interesting.

1. Our characters can start planning for the task ahead.
2. Perhaps some of the Mareep are hiding about on the trail. It wouldn't hurt to keep our eyes peeled.
3. Just talk about whatever comes to mind to pass the time. My character will soon realize that he never introduced himself, and will feel the need to do so.
4. We could lose track of Lamlie, or get side tracked with a more pressing issue.
5. We could introduce another lead into the scenario, say... a trail of Lobovo footprints, that go in a different direction from Lamlie. We could then split up, one of us following Lobovo, the other Lamlie.

Any combination of these would probably work nicely. It would kinda be boring for things to go exactly as planned, so I do like the Lobovo idea myself.
~ Taav

I'm good with just following Lamlie as is. If they went with Cecelia's plan, odds are she would just be a nervous little shit the entire time about her plan failing. x3

We could probably do a mix of those choices. Since we still have a number of posts to go, 1 is obvious, with 3 probably slipping in out of boredom.

With 4, the only pressing issue I can think of is having us follow the Lamlie, then realizing something is stalking us as we get further into their territory.

5 would be interesting, allowing both characters to do things their own way, leading to either success or failure, and of course, comical antics from the latter x3

2 is the only one I don't really get. Why would they just be out? But if you want to try it, we'll see how things turn out.
My thought with #2 was that there's no actual evidence that all the Mareep that are missing are being held captive. It certainly would make sense to find all six Mareep in one place, within the pack's territory, but it also makes sense that they merely wandered off and got lost. Perhaps the Lamlie succeeded in scaring the Mareep off, but failed to capture all of them. The ones that were not captured are now unable to find their way back to the flock, and are simply wandering about... or perhaps their are hiding from the Lamlie.

That was my line of thought. There's always the possibility that the pack isn't at fault for the missing Mareep, or that they failed to capture any. If the pack failed to capture Mareep, then as previously mentioned they could now be scattered about and lost in the surrounding areas. If the pack is completely innocent, then we would have to come up with some plausible reason for their disappearance. This would be difficult to do, but very interesting (at least to me).

I have no preference at this time. We won't need to decide how this plays out until we get to wolf pack HQ.
~ Taav

That is a valid point. x3 Hell, who's to say that the Lamlie pack is truly at fault? With things like Thunderma, and more importantly, Rasqueon living around that route, something else could be causing all the trouble.
I'm open to the footprints being from anybody that fits the vague description. They could be from a Lobovo as I suggested, or a Luvaris, or it certainly could belong to a Rasqueon. Luthire would recognize a Thunderma's footprint, having one himself.

I'm leaving it up to you whether we should split up or not. If we do split up, it shouldn't be for very long, and we should have a rendezvous point in mind. For instance, maybe it doesn't matter which way we go, both paths will meet up at the pack HQ at some point.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]