Poll: When would you be able to play bingo?
This poll is closed.
Saturday 1/3, 3pm EST
50.00%
5 50.00%
Saturday 1/3, 5pm EST
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Turquoise Articles 12/25/14: PRESENTS PRESENTS PRESENTS
[Image: TA8_zps0d13ef84.png]
Happy Holidays!
by: Phoenixsong

The big day (for most of the West, anyway) has arrived, and as is traditional we come bearing gifts and good news! Be sure you all give the moderators in particular a big thank you for what's about to come—they handled a lot of the organization, entry collection, idea generation and more, and personally I think they did a spectacular job setting up a holiday to remember. Awesome work, mod team!

Read on, Turquoise members, and get ready to tear into some wrapping paper!

[Image: Seperator_zps50e51794.png]

Bingo Time Tie-Breaker

...actually, one little matter of business before we make with the gift-giving. The poll results for the next bingo game are currently tied. It looks like we're definitely holding it on Saturday, January 3rd, but we're evenly split on exactly which time! I've created one more poll at the top of this thread to decide between these two times, so please cast a vote for the time that works best for you! It's definitely going to be worth your while to try and make it to this one...

Mystery Gifts Revealed!

The mysterious, brightly-colored gifts have finally arrived! Anxious to see what sorts of treats Gadari left for you inside? Post here to claim the gift you asked for and choose what you want from inside (and remember, we *do* know which one you asked for!), and enjoy!

(For randomized gifts, the moderator processing your claim will randomize the item when they add it to your profile.)

Red Mystery Box: Battle Box

If you claimed this box to scratch that opponent-bashing itch, you've received:

1 [sp=snowcrystal] (Snow Crystal: When held, this item replaces the holder's current ability with Refrigerate.)
2 random type gems
1 random plate
1 Rare Candy

Blue Mystery Box: Capture Box

The avid pokémon collectors among you have received:

1 [sp=yuleball] Yule Ball (4x capture rate vs Ice-types and red- or green-colored Pokémon; check a canon pokédex for canon colors, ask a mod about a fakemon if you are unsure)
2 Premiere Balls
1 random ball from the list below
1 Rare Candy
Ball list: Level, Lure, Moon, Friend, Love, Heavy, Fast, Repeat, Timer, Nest, Net, Dive, Luxury, Heal, Quick, Dusk, Faraday, Hover, Solar, Specter

Green Mystery: Berry Box

And finally, for those of you who wanted to receive a sweet, healthy treat:

1 [sp=jinglebell] (Jingle Bell: When held, the power of the holder's moves marked with the "Sound-based" flag have 1.5x power)
2 random happiness increasing berries (Pomeg, Qualot, Kelpsy, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato)
1 random berry from the Open-Air Market appropriate to your badge tier
1 Rare Candy

The Wonderful World of Wonder Trading

The GTS has been buzzing and gifts have been flying across New Logora and the internet, and it looks like they've all finally arrived! Ready to open up the poké ball that's been dropped on your doorstep? Find your spoiler and see the surprise inside, then post here to claim it and have it added to your profile!

Someone's Come to Town...

New Logora, close to the equator as it is, never gets particularly chilly even in the winter. Unusual, then, that people have been reporting occasional sudden bursts of unseasonable cold and even seconds-brief snow flurries throughout the region. Most of the time the spurts of phantom winter wind disappear as though they were never there, but every once in a while someone sees a strange little man through the blast of snow. Some people weren't surprised when they learned that the man is described as heavyset, clad in red and white with a voluminous white beard (whether because they were expecting some kind of joke or because they were actually willing to believe). What has surprised everyone who's met him, however, is that he doesn't open with a line about whether they've been naughty or nice—the man in red is looking for an opponent for a rousing holiday battle! The whole situation is definitely bizarre, but he claims to have some presents for anyone who can defeat him...

To participate, simply create a new thread in the new Holiday 2014 events subforum. You do not have to pause your adventure to participate in this battle—you can continue posting in your normal thread. (You may want to make a post in your main thread to announce that you're starting the battle and provide a link to your new event thread, however, just to be sure the mod updating you sees it!) You will then have a single trainer battle against the strange man. If you lose and there is still time, you may attempt the battle again until you are successful. If you win, you'll get some extra cash and a prize!

Be sure to act quickly and catch the strange man soon, however. Real or no, he's going to disappear for good at midnight EST on January 6th, 2015 (when it becomes January 7th), and unless you're actively finishing up a battle with him you'll miss your chance!

(Moderators: See this post for relevant information.)

Conclusion

That's all... for the moment, anyway. Whatever you celebrate at this time of year—Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, or maybe just a little Festivus for the rest of us—we hope you have a very happy holiday season and are looking forward to the brand new year on the horizon! We know we sure are... ;)

Until next time,
The Turquoise Staff
[Image: sig.gif]
I'm claiming my Pindillo and my Battle Box~ :3 Woo~
I'd like to claim my Beddybite and Battle Box.
I'd like to claim my Swablu and Capture Box please :3
Claiming both the box and the fallorite; thanks to whoever sent it out!

Happy holidays, everyone. I hope you all had a good Christmas, if you celebrate it!
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Claiming Cubly and battle box.

That Snow Crystal is going to be a lifesaver.
Last-minute TA addition but it's totally still Christmas my time so it counts. (This has also been edited into the initial post above!)

Someone's Come to Town...

New Logora, close to the equator as it is, never gets particularly chilly even in the winter. Unusual, then, that people have been reporting occasional sudden bursts of unseasonable cold and even seconds-brief snow flurries throughout the region. Most of the time the spurts of phantom winter wind disappear as though they were never there, but every once in a while someone sees a strange little man through the blast of snow. Some people weren't surprised when they learned that the man is described as heavyset, clad in red and white with a voluminous white beard (whether because they were expecting some kind of joke or because they were actually willing to believe). What has surprised everyone who's met him, however, is that he doesn't open with a line about whether they've been naughty or nice—the man in red is looking for an opponent for a rousing holiday battle! The whole situation is definitely bizarre, but he claims to have some presents for anyone who can defeat him...

To participate, simply create a new thread in the new Holiday 2014 events subforum. You do not have to pause your adventure to participate in this battle—you can continue posting in your normal thread. (You may want to make a post in your main thread to announce that you're starting the battle and provide a link to your new event thread, however, just to be sure the mod updating you sees it!) You will then have a single trainer battle against the strange man. If you lose and there is still time, you may attempt the battle again until you are successful. If you win, you'll get some extra cash and a prize!

Be sure to act quickly and catch the strange man soon, however. Real or no, he's going to disappear for good at midnight EST on January 6th, 2015 (when it becomes January 7th), and unless you're actively finishing up a battle with him you'll miss your chance!
Claiming my Gravendou (renamed Petrice, please) and my Red Box.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Claiming my weird little Makima; thanks to whoever put it in. ^^ Also claiming my blue box (*crosses fingers for Friend Ball*) and thank-you admins and the mods for all of this. ^^

[sp=makima] If anyone can think of a good name for this guy, I'd like to hear suggestions. : )
Claiming Morth (who IMO should get a sword and a blue cape).

I completely forgot to claim a box D:
Quick announcement to add that the prize for the capture box has been amended slightly. The name of the special poké ball is "yule ball", and it has the additional effect of working well against red or green pokémon.
Why should Morth have a cape and sword?
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
(12-26-2014, 06:24 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Why should Morth have a cape and sword?

I think he's talking about Marth from Fire Emblem. Don't forget a blue wig, Kyurem!
(12-26-2014, 06:47 PM)Orchestra Wrote:
(12-26-2014, 06:24 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Why should Morth have a cape and sword?

I think he's talking about Marth from Fire Emblem. Don't forget a blue wig, Kyurem!
The face helps.
Ah, vowel transposition. (I shoulda got the Marth connection, I play Smash Bros!) Nope, Morth is Silas Morth from the webcomic Exterminatus Now, that is basically Sonic plus Warhammer plus a truckload of black comedy.

Said webcomic is also British, so I find it highly amusing that the guy who got Morth the Minijina was the other Brit here!
(12-26-2014, 08:44 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Ah, vowel transposition. (I shoulda got the Marth connection, I play Smash Bros!) Nope, Morth is Silas Morth from the webcomic Exterminatus Now, that is basically Sonic plus Warhammer plus a truckload of black comedy.

Said webcomic is also British, so I find it highly amusing that the guy who got Morth the Minijina was the other Brit here!

Oh crap, how did I not get that reference! xD I've been reading that webcomic for years. Shame there's nothing that looks like a black Echidna. I'd love a destruction-happy Lothar >D

Edit: Also, processing player's info. Since I can't edit posts in this thread, I'll just post what each person obtained in this post.

(12-26-2014, 10:01 PM)Orchestra Wrote: Shame there's nothing that looks like a black Echidna. I'd love a destruction-happy Lothar >D
Wouldn't we all? *sighs wistfully*

And, hey, if you desperately want a Cubly, you could always allow my original IRPs and join in with them!
(12-27-2014, 06:55 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Wouldn't we all? *sighs wistfully*

And, hey, if you desperately want a Cubly, you could always allow my original IRPs and join in with them!

I don't think I'm allowed to allow IRPs :\ I'm just a mod. I honestly don't know what I'm allowed to do aside from updating. x3
Well, not looking at any gift horses in the mouth, but I doubt I'll be using Cubly in the long run, so maybe if you (or any other intrested folk) can cut me a good deal once I'm more or less done with it...
I'll just pop in to claim my Humbuzz and be off. Oh, and Dazel, Orchestra, I've added the contents of your boxes to your profiles.