Poll: When would you be able to play bingo?
This poll is closed.
Friday 1/2, 3pm EST
12.00%
3 12.00%
Friday 1/2, 5pm EST
8.00%
2 8.00%
Friday 1/2, 8pm EST
16.00%
4 16.00%
Sarurday 1/3, 3pm EST
24.00%
6 24.00%
Saturday 1/3, 5pm EST
24.00%
6 24.00%
Saturday 1/3, 8pm EST
16.00%
4 16.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Turquoise Articles 12/18/14: The Holidays Approach!
[Image: TA8_zps0d13ef84.png]

The Articles Return
by: Negrek

Hi everyone! It's been a while since the last edition of the Turquoise Articles, but we're back with an extra jam-packed edition to start off the holiday season. The Articles aren't the only thing returning, either. Let's welcome Chronicler back after a busy semester! He may not be able to be around too much, but hopefully we'll at least see him hanging around the CBox now and then.

Now kick back, grab a seasonally-appropriate drink, and check out what Turquoise has in store for the holidays!

[Image: Seperator_zps50e51794.png]

The Inevitable, Discovered

After months of arduous fighting, the battle against the edge specter has finally come to a close. Unfortunately, despite the combined efforts of New Logora's finest trainers, the apparition proved too powerful to overcome, though perhaps all hope is not lost...

Nevertheless, the Revivalists consider the mission a success, and they're happy to reward anyone who contributed to the recovery of their coveted artifact. Anyone who participated in the event (e.g. made an event thread) is welcome to claim 3000P and the equivalent of a tier-three prize from the Jarovesu Badlands Revivalist Job Board. That means you can take one tier-three prize, a tier-two prize and a tier-one prize, or three tier-one prizes. If you took part in the battle against the edge specter, feel free to add a mysterious coin ([sp=relicsilver]), and if you went all the way and knocked your instance of the bug out, you can also take a rare candy and an extra 1000P. Be sure to check out the final event storyline post to find out just what it is the Revivalists were after (and see the reveal of a mega-exciting new fakemon), then post in this thread to claim your prize.

As a side note, the Fire Grace Festival will soon be closing. You only have until January 1st, 2015 to claim any prizes from the event, so if you've got unresolved IRP's, get them wrapped up and submit them for grading by that date. As a reminder, the (spectacular) FestiShop is the place to go to redeem your tokens for prizes, including TM's you won't be able to find anywhere else in the RP.

Choose Your Own Bingo

Turquoise Bingo is back by popular demand! We're ringing in the new year with some particularly exciting prizes, so if you're interested in participating, be sure to answer the poll on this thread to let us know what date(s)/time(s) you'd be able to attend.

New Logora Mystery Gift

Gadari's interest in fostering trainers goes beyond handing them a starter and pokédex and hoping for the best. One of his favorite traditions is Leddin Town's annual holiday celebration, which culminates in a gift exchange between the town's residents. Gadari wouldn't want any travelling trainers to be left out, though, so he always prepares a few extra presents to give away to anyone passing through. In fact, he prepares three different kinds, just like the three different starters he lets newbies pick to start their New Logoran journeys:

Red Mystery Box: Battle Box

For the aspiring master trainer there's nothing better than grabbing some extra items to pump up your pokémon and give them the edge in battle. Pick up one of these if you're looking for power above all!

Blue Mystery Box: Capture Box

If catching's your game, the Capture Box is the one for you! It's packed with goodies to help you nab that rare pokémon you've been trying to track down.

Green Mystery: Berry Box

Berries have uses both in and out of battle, and they're great for pumping up your pokémon, grooming them for contests--or just selling if you want to score a bit of quick cash. If you're looking for an offbeat surprise, give this a box a try!

If you'd like to claim one of Gadari's gifts, simply PM Eonrider before December 24th to let him know what kind of box you'd like. Its contents will be revealed in the next edition of the Turquoise Articles.

Holiday Wonder Trading

Recent technological advancements make it possible for trainers to trade pokémon with people anywhere in the world. Some leagues don't even require them to agree to any particular transaction beforehand--they can put a pokémon up for trade and accept whatever comes their way. New Logora's been slow to adopt this newfangled "wonder trading" thing, but this holiday season the league's running a small beta test, offering each trainer the chance to send one pokémon over the wires in hopes of getting something good in return.

This event works similarly to wonder trading in the game, except that you don't need to give up one of your own pokémon to play: you can make one up instead! Choose any pokémon you could pick for a birthday promo that doesn't have a badge requirement, put it up for trade, and see what you get in return--a nice kelfee, perhaps, or yet another dustley?

You get to decide the name, sex, and ability of the pokémon to trade away (no hidden abilities, please), and you can choose an egg move with 50 base power or less for it to have as well. If your chosen pokémon doesn't have any egg moves, you can instead give it any one TM or tutor move with 50 base power or less. Once you've decided on your pokémon, PM it to Orchestra, then await the reveal to learn what you received for it.

You have from now until December 24th to submit a pokémon if you'd like to participate. You'll learn what pokémon you got in the next edition of the Turquoise Articles.

Conclusion

We're only getting started with our procession of holiday events! Keep an eye out for more Articles over the next couple of weeks detailing all the ways you can get into the holiday spirit here at Turquoise.

Until next time,
The Turquoise Staff
I'll go ahead and claim my event prizes. That's 4000P, a mysterious coin, rare candy, and a shell bell.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Hax never looked so good.

Claiming my 4000P, TM Ley Cross, enigmatic heads-or-tails resolution device, and Rare Candy.
I'd like to claim 4000P, TM Roar, TM Incinerate, a Mysterious Coin, and a Rare Candy
Claiming 4000P, TM Ley Cross, a Mysterious Coin and a Rare Candy.
I'll claim my 4000P, Rare Candy, Mysterious Coin, a Metronome and the Roar TM.
In lieu of an actual prize, can I simply have Kathira kill Naritanu next time they encounter each other? I mean, he's a jerk, I get that, but admonishing a girl who's BLEEDING TO DEATH?! And leaving it to the others to merely mention paramedics?! Not faulting you lot, I just hate the Revivalists even more now! Good grief...Could simply be a side-effect of the fact that you're trying to wrap up many different people but still...

If I can't gruesomely murder that damned Revivalist, I'll take 4000P, Ley Cross, a Rare Candy and the odd coin. Oh, and the books that apparently haven't been confiscated. I'll also go retcon all mentions of the artifact in my adventure post-event.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I'll claim my 4000P, the TM for Ley Cross, the mysterious coin, and a rare candy, s'il vous plaît. Congratulations to everyone on kind of beating the edge spectre, and happy holidays!
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
First off, I'm assuming that Bingo will happen in January. Next, the third is a Saturday and Sunday is the fourth. Is Bingo on Saturday and Sunday, or is it Friday and Saturday? The days and dates don't quite match up and I don't know what a "Sarurday" is. (Probably Saturday, which means Bingo is most likely Fri/Sat and only the dates need to be changed.) XD Sorry to poke fun, but I'm kinda confused here and would like clarification. ^^()

Second off, Fun! I love the ending Negrek posted, and I am loving the prizes. ^^ Of course, I'm sure all Kath is thinking about is the money. (jk, jk) XD Anyway, I'll be taking the 4000P, the mysterious coin, the rare candy, and I would love to have TM Downdraft or TM Luminuous Wave if I could only use them! will take TM Ley Cross just like everyone else because I can use it for Burungin, assuming that will stay static, of course... Then again, I don't see them listed in the Phoenixdex (only on the turquoisedex) ?

OOC: Why can't the Vaering line learn Luminous Wave.... ;_;
(12-19-2014, 10:24 AM)Kaelyn Wrote: First off, I'm assuming that Bingo will happen in January. Next, the third is a Saturday and Sunday is the fourth. Is Bingo on Saturday and Sunday, or is it Friday and Saturday? The days and dates don't quite match up and I don't know what a "Sarurday" is. (Probably Saturday, which means Bingo is most likely Fri/Sat and only the dates need to be changed.) XD Sorry to poke fun, but I'm kinda confused here and would like clarification. ^^()

Ugh, yes, we're supposed to be picking between a Friday (1/2) and Saturday (1/3) game. I've edited the poll choices accordingly. Hopefully that didn't mess anyone up.

Quote:...and I [...] will take TM Ley Cross just like everyone else because I can use it for Burungin, assuming that will stay static, of course... Then again, I don't see them listed in the Phoenixdex (only on the turquoisedex) ?

Ley cross is a Turquoise-only move, so it isn't in the Phoenixdex at all. You'll be able to use it for burungin, no worries.

I also distributed prizes to everyone who posted above!
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
I'd like to claim my 3000P, TM Ley Cross, and the Mysterious Coin. Sad to see that I'm pretty much the only one who didn't manage to defeat the specter lol.
Hey everyone! Quick announcement that the big reveal post will be going up later tonight. Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish putting it together in time and have to leave for a family gathering, but the next TA will be posted as soon as possible after I get back this evening! In the meantime, enjoy your holidays and any gifts you may have received!
[Image: sig.gif]