Generic Adventure [Thread]
OOC: It's simple, and mildly like that Homestruck thing. I tell you that stuff happens. You tell me what to do based on that stuff. I tell you what stuff happened because of that. Etc etc.

Okay well we're starting now.

[You] are in a [room]. A rather blank one, at that. In fact, I'm pretty sure [you] don't even know what's inside the [room], only the [participants] who {reply} in the [thread] would know.

...did I break the fourth wall already? Well, there's a new record.

[You], in this room of nothingness (that is, until someone tells us what's inside the room), also manage to {realise} you completely {forgot} your [name]. [Participants], what's our name again? We {forgot}. We have bad memory. We can probably understand verbs or basic phrases though, you shouldn't need any computer mumbo jumbo.

...I think. Someone get my notes.
We look around the room, blinking as our eyes adjust to the poor lighting. turning slowly, we find a set of wooden sliding doors, perhaps a closet, or maybe the way out? On a table beside it, there is a large fish tank. All of the fish are floating upside-down, like any normally deceased fish, and yet they were still swimming normally in their topsy-turvy state. To the left of the tank, another door; the same color as the room itself. The only way to tell it from the walls is the gaudy doorknob... Maybe it's not even a door. It could just be a knob sticking out for no good reason.

Instead of inspecting the rest of the room, we grow curious of the fish, leaning over the table and watching, wondering just how one lives upside-down?

OOC: Dunno if this is what I was supposed to be doing or not. I've never looked at the Homestuck stuff >.>;
(12-02-2014, 04:55 PM)Orchestra Wrote: We look around the room, blinking as our eyes adjust to the poor lighting. turning slowly, we find a set of wooden sliding doors, perhaps a closet, or maybe the way out? On a table beside it, there is a large fish tank. All of the fish are floating upside-down, like any normally deceased fish, and yet they were still swimming normally in their topsy-turvy state. To the left of the tank, another door; the same color as the room itself. The only way to tell it from the walls is the gaudy doorknob... Maybe it's not even a door. It could just be a knob sticking out for no good reason.

Instead of inspecting the rest of the room, we grow curious of the fish, leaning over the table and watching, wondering just how one lives upside-down?

[You] {inspect} the [Multicoloured Fish] much more than the [room] around [you]. The [Multicoloured Fish] float upside-down, which is curious, to say the least. Maybe they're dead. Probably not, because they're quite clearly {swimming} around. Some of them seemed constantly fascinated at your existence, sort of like your old [Goldfish] did before you {experimented} with him by seeing how well he'd get on with your [cat]. [You] quickly {learned} two things that [day]. The first [thing] was that [fish] need [air]. The second [thing] was that [cats] find [fish] tasty. The final [thing] was that you really need to take extra [Maths Lessons].

The [Wooden Sliding Doors] seemed interesting. They appeared to {glare} out from the rest of the [room], as if not fitting in the same [place] at all. Their purpose was unknown - maybe they were there to find a [Decent Outfit], or as a way out of this room. To the left of the [tank] was a [Curious Doorknob]. [You] only manage to see the [Curious Doorknob] because of its 3D presence. Maybe it was {connected} to a [Curious Door], which could then lead to a [Curious Adventure]. Probably not - it was likely {left} in to tease you.
Upon remembering that [you] are currently nameless, [you] {decide} that [you] are the [Everyman], the embodiment of all that is the otherwise nameless, faceless, culturally ambiguous adventure person. The only defined thing is that [you're] pretty sure [you're] a guy, but it's not like [you] {checked} recently.

Of course, [you] can't remember anything right now, including where [you] are, when [you] are, how [you] got here, anything [you] missed about who and what [you] are, and [you'd] rather avoid the existential question of why [you] are. With this amnesia in mind [you] immediately {inspect} the relevant areas of [yourself] off-camera to make sure that yes, [you] are indeed male.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(12-02-2014, 06:19 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Upon remembering that [you] are currently nameless, [you] {decide} that [you] are the [Everyman], the embodiment of all that is the otherwise nameless, faceless, culturally ambiguous adventure person. The only defined thing is that [you're] pretty sure [you're] a guy, but it's not like [you] {checked} recently.

Of course, [you] can't remember anything right now, including where [you] are, when [you] are, how [you] got here, anything [you] missed about who and what [you] are, and [you'd] rather avoid the existential question of why [you] are. With this amnesia in mind [you] immediately {inspect} the relevant areas of [yourself] off-camera to make sure that yes, [you] are indeed male.

The [Everyman] is rather {dissapointed} at the lack of correct grammar on your [verbs]. [You] {see}, if a [Human] or the [Everyman] can realistically {do} a [verb], then that [verb] has [Wiggly Brackets] placed around it. For example, {remember} is correct, but {float} is not, as the [Everyman] is not [omnipotent]. Yet.

The [Everyman] decides to quickly {check} that they are indeed [male], but to their shock they {discover} that they are indeed {inflicted} with the (FLAT AS A ROCK) status, and as such, are [Genderless]. The [Multicoloured Fish] also appeared to have suddenly become [Purple Fish], but they have yet to stop floating upside down. Maybe this would tie in with the [question] of why [you] are.
OOC:
(12-02-2014, 06:25 PM)MrKyurem Wrote: The [Everyman] is rather {dissapointed} at the lack of correct grammar on your [verbs]. [You] {see}, if a [Human] or the [Everyman] can realistically {do} a [verb], then that [verb] has [Wiggly Brackets] placed around it. For example, {remember} is correct, but {float} is not, as the [Everyman] is not [omnipotent]. Yet.
Ah, sorry. I'm unfamiliar with this style, all forum adventure things I've read didn't insist on the audience using that stuff, plus the whole [] and {} thing is mildly confusing. Mind completely correcting my post for me? As in just quote it and edit that.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
{Question} why [you] are?
OOC: I probably screwed that command up really well. Is that right? Also, I might incorporate a user-oriented Aloe into Turquoise, now that you have made this thread and opened the door. Mwahaha.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
(12-02-2014, 07:38 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote:
OOC:
(12-02-2014, 06:25 PM)MrKyurem Wrote: The [Everyman] is rather {dissapointed} at the lack of correct grammar on your [verbs]. [You] {see}, if a [Human] or the [Everyman] can realistically {do} a [verb], then that [verb] has [Wiggly Brackets] placed around it. For example, {remember} is correct, but {float} is not, as the [Everyman] is not [omnipotent]. Yet.
Ah, sorry. I'm unfamiliar with this style, all forum adventure things I've read didn't insist on the audience using that stuff, plus the whole [] and {} thing is mildly confusing. Mind completely correcting my post for me? As in just quote it and edit that.

OOC: I don't expect you to use the format I use - you could go as simple as "investigate fish", I only corrected you because you tried to use the format I used. Anyway, corrected, it would be:

(12-02-2014, 06:19 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Upon {remembering} that [you] are currently (NAMELESS) i'm being picky here but meh, [you] {decide} that [you] are the [Everyman], the embodiment of all that is the otherwise (NAMELESS), (FACELESS), culturally ambiguous adventure [person]. The only defined thing is that [you're] pretty sure [you're] a guy, but it's not like [you] {checked} recently.

Of course, [you] can't (remember) anything right now, including where [you] are, when [you] are, how [you] got here, anything [you] missed about who and what [you] are, and [you'd] rather {avoid} the existential [question] of why [you] are. With this (AMNESIA) in mind [you] immediately {inspect} the relevant areas of [yourself] off-camera to make sure that yes, [you] are indeed [male].

(12-02-2014, 09:53 PM)Dazel Wrote: {Question} why [you] are?
OOC: I probably screwed that command up really well. Is that right? Also, I might incorporate a user-oriented Aloe into Turquoise, now that you have made this thread and opened the door. Mwahaha.

The [Everyman] does not {appreciate} your [response] to why [they] are. In response, the [Everyman] decides that his [quest] is to {kill} the [Aloe], because he does not aloe [you] vera much [Pun #1].
Realise your punning potential. Spend the next 10 hours training to compete in the Punning National Championships.
(12-03-2014, 05:38 AM)Eonrider Wrote: Realise your punning potential. Spend the next 10 hours training to compete in the Punning National Championships.

The [Everyman] comes to (ENLIGHTENMENT) about his ability to {use} [puns] well. While [he] would {love} to {train} for the [National Punning Championships featuring Dante from Devil May Cry series], [he] still has the [problem] of being stuck in this [room].
Ponder the use, abuse, and possible overuse of the trope 'Locked In A Room'. (I kid, I kid, the brand of Kyu humour makes it fun again!)
Retrieve arms from chest.
(12-04-2014, 02:21 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Ponder the use, abuse, and possible overuse of the trope 'Locked In A Room'. (I kid, I kid, the brand of Kyu humour makes it fun again!)

The [Everyman] was unaware of this [trope]. Quickly {logging in} onto [AnnoyBuddy], [you] {access} [TVTropes] and {search} for the [trope: Locked in a Room]. [You] {find} the [trope], and find its [contents] interesting. Foolishly, [your] [attention] is {caught} by a [link] on the [page], and one that wouldn't {wield} a [sword] and {scream} "HYAHHHH!" as [they] {attempted} to [kill] you.

A few hours later, [you] finally {log off} and get back to what [you] were {doing}.

(12-04-2014, 03:58 PM)Dazel Wrote: Retrieve arms from chest.

[Your] [arms] are in [your] [drawer], [pooplord!]

OOC: New skill unlocked!

Include the phrase "info:" followed by what you want to know about to learn about the object/task/status!

Examples:
info:[arms]
info:{float}
info:(ENLIGHTENMENT)
info:(ENLIGHTENMENT)

Of course, [I'm] {going with} the [obvious choice].
(12-04-2014, 06:01 PM)Dazel Wrote: info:(ENLIGHTENMENT)

(ENLIGHTENMENT) - STATUS

Type: Buff

Description: Something you learned about at school a few years back where some fat guy learned about the meaning of life and 42 and all that business. You think. He might not have actually been fat. You're not sure.

(12-04-2014, 06:01 PM)Dazel Wrote: Of course, [I'm] {going with} the [obvious choice].

The [Everyman] {finds} his [arms] from his [drawers] and {places} them in his [Inventory].

OOC: New skill unlocked!

Include the phrase inventory:examine to see what is inside your inventory. Things inside your inventory gain a boost to their descriptions, including extra information about what they do. Also, if you want, you can do inventory:*whatever* to do whatever with your inventory. You can carry an unlimited amount of things, so I'm certain someone will wait until we have a stupid amount of stuff before saying inventory:empty
info: [TVTropes]
info: {flight}
info: (OMNIPOTENCE)

Then love Kyu to death.
(12-04-2014, 07:08 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: info: [TVTropes]

[TVTropes] - Noun

Type: Location

Description: Like a rickroll, but it never ends. Contains mild common cliches games, movies, and such use, and then includes links to more cliches in the description of the cliche. Satan is taking notes from this. Oooh, another link! Clicky clicky!

(12-04-2014, 07:08 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: info: {flight}

{Flight} - Verb

Type: Movement

Description: That thing you do when you're dreaming. It's like floating but not. Some people say it's the best super power, but they're lying, because we all know telekinesis is the best superpower, hands down.

(12-04-2014, 07:08 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: info: (OMNIPOTENCE)

(OMNIPOTENCE) - STATUS

Type: Debuff

Description: That thing which God or Santa or Micheal Jackson has. It really must suck to have it, let's be fair. Once you've done everything you can do with omnipotence, you've still got 1 whole eternity left to live for. I hope you packed your 3DS and a charger.

(12-04-2014, 07:08 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Then love Kyu to death.

The [Everyman] {considers} it, but ultimately {refuses}. [They] {think} that [MrKyurem] would much {prefer} it if [we] managed to {get out} of this [room].

The [Everyman] {thinks} that [he] should {equip} the [arms].
Oppose the DM and do not equip the arms. It's funnier this way. Instead, try and locate some railroad tracks.
Take everything that isn't nailed down.
(12-04-2014, 08:16 PM)Eonrider Wrote: Take everything that isn't nailed down.
In fact, take everything that is nailed down as well. And the nails.