ORAS Progress
Post your ORAS progress here! For example, your badges, your team, et cetera.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
One badge! And My Team is Zigzagoon, Grovyle, Beldum (that Shiny), and a Ralts (male). ^^ I'm on Dewford right now.
Five badges. Team is Combusken, Loudred, Shedinja, Crobat, and Latios. Only just got Latios, about to take the long trip to Fortree. The first four are about level 34, Latios is 30.

Also, Maxie's defeat animation is truly a sight to behold.

EDIT: Team nicknames are as follows:

Combusken - Fire Fist
This is a nostalgic name for me. Ruby was my first game, and Fire Fist was what I nicknamed my Blaziken. All of my Blaziken have this name.
Loudred - Whistles
Not really sure why I named it Whistles. Fits, though.
Shedinja - Invincibug
Because it's an invincible bug.
Crobat - Nostalgia
Because Crobat was my second ever level 100 (after Blaziken), but it never had a nickname in my original Ruby.
Latios - Saidin
After the male half of the One Power in Wheel of Time.
1 Badge. Team is Mudkip, Ralts, Shroomish, and Zigzagoon. DexNav is too fun.
Wow, Eon. o.0 The Lati's! I can't wait! Don't spoil it, yet. XD Also, yes, Ratio, DexNav is much WAY too fun. I'll probably fill up all the boxes for once. XD
I take it you'll be nicknaming a Latias 'Saidar', then, Eon? :P
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Of course he will be. XD It's too bad he got to it first.. I probably would have tried something like that as well. Now I'll have to figure out something else. XD
To be fair, because of timezones I got the game roughly a day before most of you, I imagine. Of course, I have played it a whole lot since.
Bah, because I'm in England, I have to wait until my return to Canada in summer before actually getting a game. If only so I can actually play it. Stupid 3DS region locking...I'm thinking AS, rather than OR.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Still very early in. Not even in Rustboro yet. Hunting for a Shroomish right now.

Team is:
Mire (Mudkip)
Lorelia (Ralts) - Meant to be Lorelai.... I derped >.>;
Surskit [With Signal Beam]
Truvy (Poochyena) [With Fire Fang] - Named in honor of my recently deceased dog...

Damn Kaelyn. Haven't beaten Y, yet you're storming through this game. x3
Hahah! XD I have X not Y, and all I'm doing is training a new Team, so there. xD I got Thunder Fang Pooch when the game did the "creeping" tutorial part. ^^ And aww... poor dog. ;_; I don't think I knew that had happened...

On a lighter note, I'll breed Treecko if you breed Mudkip. ^^
Progress update:
Just arrived in Lilycove City. Team is the same as before, only everything is level 38-ish and Combusken has evolved. I'm kind of torn as to what my 6th team member will be. I have two possibilities in mind, but both of them will have to wait until I get to Mossdeep.

Got my sixth badge just a while back.

Someone needs to take Secret Bases away from urgently, by the way. Specially all this expensive furniture that isn't mine yet.
I'm climbing Mt. Pyre. 6 gym badges, 3 Megas on my team. Still 2 spots open for someone. Probably a Bagon and someone else. Not sure yet!

Groot (Sceptile)
@ Sceptilite
  • Leaf Blade
  • Dual Chop
  • Fury Cutter
  • Quick Attack

Slurp (Swalot)
  • Toxic
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Body Slam
  • Amnesia

Erin (Aggron)
@Aggronite
  • Rock Slide
  • Iron Defense
  • Headbutt
  • Iron Head

Chops (Machamp)
  • Dual Chop
  • Revenge
  • Wake-Up Slap
  • Knock-Off
Just won my 8th badge. Also, I finally picked up my 6th team member, Eurypharynx the Huntail, named after the scientific name for the gulper eel, eurypharynx pelecanoides. I'm a little disappointed that none of the gyms have been particularly challenging for me, but then again I do have a Mega Blaziken and a Mega Latios at my disposal. The cutscenes and music surrounding the seafloor cavern and Groudon are amazing, and I kind of wish I could go back and do it again.

Anyway, I'm going to note some interesting stuff I've discovered under a spoiler in case anyone wants to find it out for themselves.
Aaaaah I just love all the little extra touches and details they've put into everything. I will forever be more interested in the little easter eggs and improvements and bits of story than I will in all the big changes (not that big changes aren't nice in and of themselves), and after poking around at the parts I could reach of Sea Mauville (those workplace guidelines, ha) and now in Magma's hideout, I just feel kind of fuzzy inside. I'm so, so glad they actually bothered giving the villains more personality and detail this time around. I mean, you're still never going to get a main plot the likes of Mass Effect or anything, but A+++ for not making Magma and Aqua literal carbon copies of one another again, and throw in a few extra plusses for making them interesting within their own games. (Where was all of this actual character stuff with the Team Flare scientists, aside from Xerosic a little bit?)

Currently at the Magma Hideout, as already mentioned above. Team is Nekhen the blaziken, Hanataka the shiftry, Amantias the gardevoir, Sennheiser the exploud and Malvaccio the altaria, with a linoone HM/pickup slave that will eventually go away in favor of a walrein. Aside from blaziken I'm trying to make sure I use things I've never used before, and it's been pretty fun so far. I also have (but have not started) AS; I'm probably going to jump straight into some sort of challenge run when I get around to it, though.

Can I also give GameFreak my unreserved praise for giving you the option to put "Organize Boxes" at the top of the PC menu? Because that's amazing. You can keep your little mega rayquaza and primal kyogre and blah blah blah, I can get to the move pokémon interface just by mashing A and not accidentally deposit things instead.
[Image: sig.gif]
(11-25-2014, 05:49 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: I can get to the move pokémon interface just by mashing A and not accidentally deposit things instead.
Guess that makes things easier for Twitch.
(11-25-2014, 05:49 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote:
I just finished checking around the Abandoned Sh- er, Sea Mauville. Interesting, although I'm pretty sure there's some part of the story I'm still missing. Oh well.

I do vastly enjoy all the added touches, specially since they're much less obtrusive than the advertisement seemed to indicate. It still feels legitimately Hoenn while also featuring well-done tweaks where they were needed -- exactly what I'd consider good remakes.

And yes, the option to put the Organize Boxes button up first. At first I cursed my muscle memory because I kept reaching for the third button anyway, but damned if this isn't fucking great once you get used to it. I hope the PC interface is like this from the start in whatever the next main series handheld game will be.

Also, squad update:
I have successfully turned the mystery gift Beldum into a monster.

Metagross @Metagorssite
252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit
-Earthquake

I have not lost a match yet with this beauty. I also transferred my Hydreigon, Peepers. Now I'm preparing a Jolteon so I can turn the Battle Frontier upside down whenever it arrives.
I finished the game some days ago, now I catch some Pokémon to finish the Hoenn dex for the shiny charm and then I will re-start my livingdex (I arrived at 151 XD)