Insert Cartridge Here! [Gaming thread]
Still bored, so I figured I would start up a thread here.

Feel free to talk about new games you've recently played, both physical and downloaded, your thoughts and quibbles on them, whether you think they're worth a try, whatever.

Do be nice and try to avoid plot spoilers and whatnot, just in case someone decides to try a game you mention. Please and thank you.

Recently I've tried a few of the [far too] many games on my ever growing pile. None have really kept my attention though.

Pokemon Art Academy
Not too far in. Still doing tutorials mainly. They do take the slow approach, which I am thankful for, because when it comes to art, I have my issues. The moment they start doing the circle skeleton thing, I'll probably run >.>;

Fantasy Life
Not much to say yet. I've had it since the game's release, but I've just now finished the Prologue chapter, which is only a few minutes long... Sad, no?

The character creator is fun, though having only a six character limit for your name troubles me so. Also, the downloadable content... Does anyone else have an issue dropping money on content unless it is for a console game?

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning
That title... It's like a cheesy, super cliche title someone would use for their first thread on a TRPG. *Shifty eyes* Not that I would know...

Though I am thankful they returned to movement via circle pad (Using the stylus in some of the previous DS releases for movement... guh), movement feels rather clunky.

Don't have much to say on this either. The first chance I got to save, I did so, turned it off, and have forgotten about it despite it sitting beside my laptop...

Super Smash Bros.
... Yeah. Do I need to say anything really? Actually, I think I do.

The game is pretty freaking good, but to be honest, it feels more like a $40 demo than a true game. With more and more videos on the WiiU version being released, I feel my speculations are right on the money.

3DS owners drop some cash for the handheld version, get a taste, then drop another $60 (or $100 with the bundle) for the full game... That's probably why they are going to give owners of both free DLC while those that own one or the other have to pay.

Speculation aside, it's still pretty fun, and I am thankful I have yet to break my circle pad. If anyone wants to fight, feel free to PM me~ Kyurem knows how well I fight. (btw, that would be 'Poorly' x3)
I've got to play some Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn lately. It's far from my first time (in fact, FE:RD was my first of many Fire Emblem games), but physical copies and emulation are naturally both quite difficult to arrange for, although the latter is still doable, apparently. If you can get your hands on it either way, I'd definitely recommend it, although probably not as your first Fire Emblem game. I'd consider it the magnum opus of the series so far in quite a few senses -- graphics, storyline, so on forth -- although it does also have enough flaws that I wouldn't say it's the best Fire Emblem game (and there's not really any particular one of them I'd call that). And of course, since it's a sequel to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, it may be a good idea to play that one first as well, although RD definitely stands on its own well enough (although that also means there'd be a bunch of information that you'd have to find out on the fly, through awkwardly long exposition, or not at all, although that last one is mercifully rare).

I've been Smashing too, of course, so if anyone wants to settle it in Smash, I'm down. Although I've got exams coming up so it might be tough to find a good time for that.
Let's revive this, shall we?

I recently purchased a PS3, along with Tales of Vesperia (Japan Import), Tales of Graces f, Persona 4 Arena (not Ultimax), Catherine, and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. Best decision ever. Tales of Graces is amazing. I love the characters, mechanics, story... everything really. I hesitate to say this, but I think I like it better than the original Tales of Symphonia, which was previously my favorite game in the entire franchise. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend ToGf to any JRPG fan.

Catherine is a crazy game. Super creepy story, and mind-bending block-climbing puzzles keep things interesting. Quite frankly, the bosses freak the living daylights out of me. I won't spoil anything, but be prepared to wet yourself if you do decide to play it. Haven't played the other games much yet. I've only started wetting my feet in P4A with Akihiko Sanada, and I'm in no rush to play ToS Chronicles since I've played the original already.

I bought another PS3 game yesterday, Rocksmith 2014. It looks great, and I'm hoping it'll encourage me to practice guitar and bass with some actual direction in mind... but I have a hardware problem. Apparently, the stupid cable that comes with the game is super cheap, and in my case it didn't work out of the box. I can probably get a new one from Ubisoft, but from what I hear, they typically only last a few months anyway. A few YouTubers recommend soldering a higher quality 1/4" jack onto the guitar end of the cord, claiming that the problem lies there. Worst part is, you can't use 3rd party cables, so you either have to pay $30 for each cable you burn through, or do the modding trick. Nice going, Ubisoft. How classy of you to force your consumers to use a cheap overpriced cable that doesn't work half the time. Nice.

Haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles for a while, but I did reserve Xenoblade Chronicles X at Target, which means that it isn't a GameStop exclusive! Maybe it was already obvious, but I was under the impression that the entire Xenoblade franchise was under Gamestop's control, especially when noting that even the Sulk amiibo was an exclusive. But the new game isn't, which makes me one happy Xenoblade fan.

Still playing Smash Wii U, of course. But not as often as I used to. And I haven't touched the 3DS version in a long time.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Hah, it's only been so many months since I've last managed to pick up the FE10, and I've already been sorely missing some Fire Emblem playthroughs... I've been meaning to run a couple since both PoR and RD have had huge anniversaries recently, but, time's short and games are many.

I've recently managed to get the Wii release Punch-Out again, since it's been released on the Wii U eShop. Woke up a wreck the next morning because I didn't even realize it was 3 AM and I'd just boxed the shit out of a bunch of fighters within a few unnoticed hours. It's still tons of fun, although it naturally loses some edge to the fact that it's a lot more fun the first time around when you're still learning how to get around each enemy (and knowing already but not remembering it in enough detail tends to come with wasting a ton of time shooting for one-hit KOs that won't be until you remember them properly).

I've also recently finally been playing HGSS -- they're easily the games I've taken the longest to play for a second run. Possibly a cause of the lingering trauma of the train wreck that was trying to fit together a decent six-Pokemon team in Johto's incredibly poor diversity and accessibility in species without planning ahead. I did plan ahead this time, and although the planning fried my brains, it paid off as I now have an awesome team.
I haven't been able to find my PoR game disk for a while. I hope it shows up sometime. :< (EDIT: I found it. It was within my Radiant Dawn case... duh!)

Radiant Dawn is one of my two favorite FE games, the other being Genealogy of the Holy War. I love RD's art style, class branches, the variety and balance in characters, and the long and interesting plot. It was actually my first FE game as well, so it was what got me interested in Fire Emblem in the first place.

Played some Persona 4 Arena this morning, and though I still suck, I seem to be getting better. The controls are super confusing, and the AIs are capable of pulling off some fairly decent combos better than I can. This is going to take far more time to get good at than smash.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

I just bought MGS V: Ground Zeroes for my Dad to play in a few months time, bought NiGHTS remake, bought One Finger Death Punch, bought Garry's Mod, and then got the Valve multiplayer pack so I can download Gmod maps with impunity. Then I downloaded a bunch of addons and maps for Gmod.

Wondering if my little lappy will take them, though, the downloads were fast and without problems but the thumbnails for several of the maps (including TF2 ones that I had already) simply aren't showing up when I try to load up a single player game. I also tried one of my TF2 maps with that problem and Gmod crashed without warning right before initialisation. I have no idea what's going on, so I'm Googling it.

EDIT: Nevermind, Fazbear's Fright proved it was just lack of thumbnails, which I'm actually okay with. It's just that Merasmus refuses to let me into his carnival. Bloody wizard.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I've been in Role-Playing Gamer Heaven this past week or two. Final Fantasy Type Zero HD, Dragon Age Inquisition DLC and Pillars of Eternity of all come out in the last little while. I am going to have even less of a life than I already did. At least I'll be busy until the Witcher 3 finally comes out.
Guys. Guys. Hey guys. Get One Finger Death Punch on Steam. It's SO much fun! Exhausting, but fun! And it's pretty cheap, too!
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
So, Nintendo Direct... shall we discuss it?

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
I was quite surprised by the SMTxFE trailer, but I must say that I am excited for it. It definitely looks more like a Persona than a main SMT, but we can only judge by the art work. To be honest, I'm happy with the art style, but I was hoping to recognize more of the characters. The only characters that I definitely recognized were Marth, Chrom (or someone dressed as him), and Tiki, and I certainly didn't see Flynn or the other SMT protagonists. It's great that there are a bunch of new characters, but I was definitely looking to see Ike, Roy, Lilina, Lucina, Hector... and I would be nice if they ended up including Sigurd, Celice, or Leaf (they were left out of the initial trailer, probably due to being Japanese-only characters).

I also want to see some antagonists from both series mixed into the game as well. From Fire Emblem, there are plenty of good picks: Ashnard, Lyon (my old avatar), Zephiel, the Black Knight, Nergal and many others. And from SMT, well, I haven't actually beaten SMT IV yet, so I wouldn't know of any main antagonists. What I would like to see, however, are the more notable demons: Take-mikazuchi (not the Persona version), Odin, Loki, Mara, Metatron, all of the Jacks, Lucifer, Beelzebub... you get the point. What bothers me the most is that I really didn't see anything SMT-related in that trailer. Like... not even Jack Frost. How can this be a SMT game without Jack Frost popping in at some point? Well, I won't judge the game based on this 2-minute trailer. I'm looking forward to it regardless!

Fire Emblem: If
The new Fire Emblem game looks great. I was sadly disappointed by Awakening, so I hope this one will be more enjoyable for me. I like the new avatar, and I agree with the decision to make him/her into the new protagonist. Most importantly, I'm liking the multiple routes that this game has to offer. I'm probably going to start with Nohr, simply because it breaks away from the typical good country vs. bad country setting that most FE games take place in.

Hopefully they take out the horrible second-generation + time traveling stuff this time around.

Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains
I was hoping that this would eventually make it to the west. I've been keeping up with the manga ever since the anime ended, so seeing this title makes me happy.
~ Taav

What I was playing recently? LEGO WOrlds, non-stop, for three weeks, exploring (Not-so-)endless worlds made out porely of Legos. It is surprisingly satisfying, when it comes down to exploring(Albeit tends to be repetitive after a while), and the building system tends to be annoying for a man with some kind of OCD like me, albeit it's in my personal opinion much better than in minecraft(Surely, mining crafters can be enumerating drawbacks of brick building and terrain shaping, but that's only beacause it requires than just to match a box with another box, and more resemblant to putting up actual LEGO bricks). It may not do it's job of kicking minecraft in the butt right now, but with future updates and maybe multiplayer...
Also, Witcher 3, blah blah, month out of CV, yadda yadda, GotY, etc, etc.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Eh, I'mma wait until LEGO World is out of alpha before trying it. I watched Markiplier try it, it looks like the construction needs a lot of work.

Personally, I've been playing a lot of Batman. I recently beat Arkham Asylum, tried Arkham City (unfortunately, my little lappy can't take it), and am currently 100%ing LEGO Batman 2. Then it's on to LEGO Batman 3! I HIGHLY recommend you all play Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's really, really fun, especially the Predator parts, although the straight combat gets a little repetitive towards the end and the final boss is rather disappointing for it could have been, should have been when considering the characters involved. Despite these minor flaws, it's still a great game. Go play.
Oh daaaaaaaaaang I've got a lot of games to put on here! My family's super big on video games, so between my own personal things and family game time, I've got a ton of material.

Ah, a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series <3 Good Flora. 2 is my personal favorite of the series and one of my most faves of the PS2, and 3D I have but still haven't played...
And that is pretty darn cool, getting to play with family D: I'm a tad jealous.

As for games, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII again, for about the fourth time. This is the farthest I've gotten (Right at the end) so here's hoping I actually finish it this time.

Also Tales of the Abyss (3DS version) I have been taking my sweet time with this one (still near the beginning...) It's alright, though the main character is just asking to get stabbed via stylus.

I'm tempted to post my games collection, but bleh x3
I was playing Tales of Xilia (1) on Sunday. I think I've got the controls down, but I need to figure out some actual strategy. I gotta say though, I really enjoy being able to heal myself as Jude, especially since his low level spells don't take too long to cast.

I've been playing SSB4 (both versions) with Roy, who is awesome and will definitely be one of my frequent characters in the future.

I should really resume my TotA game...
~ Taav

I've played quite a bit of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth recently. So much, in fact, that I have almost 100%'d the game. For those of you who know anything about Isaac, you'll realise that's pretty difficult. Right now I need to
I highly recommend the game to anyone who likes a challenge, but be warned that the content isn't for everyone and may disturb some people. I should also mention that a DLC update, Afterbirth, is being developed. Hopefully by the time that comes out I'll have finished Rebirth.
Finally getting back into KH2.5 I got stuck on a boss and never felt like level grinding. Finally level grinded and now I'm basically done with KH2FM. KHBBS? Not so much.

I also finally bought Stick of Truth and Arkham Asylum and City. I want to play all the Arkham games for PS3 before I get a PS4 and Arkham Knight.

Once I'm done with those three games I'm probably going to buy Earthbound Beginnings.
[Image: Ventus_Signature_by_Zierou.jpg]
[Image: OrangeIslandsSig_zps426f040b.png]
Oh! I forgot to mention, I've been playing Octodad: Dadliest Catch again. This time, it's the co-op mode! Been playing it with my Dad, he seems to be having fun with it! It's so silly! He has the legs (and somehow managed to barrel right to the top of Soda City in about three seconds!) and I have the arm. Right now, we're just starting the Aquarium sub-levels: that is, we've just started Amazon Arcade and haven't touched Deep Sea or World of Kelp yet. Unfortunately, I'm trying to get me Dad to play some more and I'm at a loss as to how to achieve this! Anyone got any ideas?
*bump*

So uh, I'm sure most of you have noticed that a certain game is gaining popularity fast. If you take a look at my avatar, then you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Undertale. For those who don't know, it's an RPG about a human child who falls into the world of monsters and tries to find their way back home. It's hard to say more about it without going too in-depth about it and ruining some of the experience, but I will say that the game is incredibly influenced by the choices you make. Undertale can be either heart-meltingly adorable, or bone-chillingly creepy, all depending on how you play the game. Also you can date a skeleton. That part's important.

I've also been playing the new DLC for the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. There are a bunch of fun new items and devious challenges and bosses. I think It'll take me a while to 100% this one.
Welp, I did it. I ordered a PS Vita. I was gonna get the Smash & Splat Wii U Bundle, but I goofed and it got sold out before I could get my hands on it. Oh well...

I bought a bunch of games, several of which I won't be able to play until my Japanese is a lot better. This is what I got:

Tales of Hearts R [Eng]
Ys: Memories of Celceta [Eng]
Tales of Innocence R [Jap]
The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution [Jap]
The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution [Jap]

I'm working through my first run of Tales of Vesperia right now. I'm definitely not going to finish by the end of the semester, due to work and stuff... which is unfortunate because I'm only borrowing an Xbox 360 right now. I have the PS3 version of the game to, but it's the full Japanese version. In other news, I plan on getting Undertale sometime this Winter break, to see what the hype is all about. Definitely gonna get Cloud DLC when it finally comes out. Waiting for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Persona 5, SMT IV Final, Pokken Tournament, SMT x Fire Emblem, FE Fates, and probably others. I don't know how I will afford to buy or play all of these new games lol.
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]