Pokémon Turquoise
Now It Begins - Printable Version

+- Pokémon Turquoise (http://pokemonturquoise.com)
+-- Forum: RPG Central (http://pokemonturquoise.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: New Logora (http://pokemonturquoise.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Brol Island (http://pokemonturquoise.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Forum: Leddin Town (http://pokemonturquoise.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+----- Thread: Now It Begins (/showthread.php?tid=1524)

Now It Begins - DarkUmbreon - 10-04-2017

Dirrim Neihart stood on the bow of the ferry that was getting closer to the Leddin Town port. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, the smell of the ocean air was calming to him. His mind ran back to when he and his family, minus his brother, had moved to New Logora. How excited he was and how he had spent most of his time learning everything he could about this new region. Then time had flown by and now here he was starting his Pokemon journey, albeit a little late by Kanto standards, but starting it none-the-less.

As the ferry docked he traversed down a deck and walked down the gangway that had been extended to the main deck. As his feet touched solid ground he looked north-by-northwest towards where Denath Village would approximately would be and smiled. He moved his messenger bag so it was more comfy and walked towards the the "lab" where he would accept his first Pokemon friend from the renowned Pokemon Master Gadari. As he got closer to Gadari's his pulse started to race and he took a deep breath. He chuckled to himself about the state he was in at this point in time. He felt nervous and excited...or 'nervouscited' as his little sister, Grace, would explain it.

He walked up to Gadari's door knocked three times and waited for someone to answer the door.

RE: Now It Begins - Kaelyn - 10-05-2017

Hearing the knock, it took a little bit of time for Master Gadari to answer the door; Dirrim could hear muffled movements and once a sharp "ow!" before the door was opened to give a quick view of the room beyond. The old man stood in the doorway, casually rubbing a knee with a frown, but his face brightened and lit up with a smile when he saw who had pulled him from his work.

"Why, hello, hello. Welcome. Come on in." He said in a jovial tone, ushering the soon-to-be Trainer inside and closing the door gently behind him. Looking around, Dirrim would find lots of desks strewn about the large room, and even more papers piled everywhere. A few electronics buzzed in various places as well, also covered in papers. There were a few doors out of the room (at least one set somewhere in each wall), presumably all leading to different places. 

Weaving around the tables, Gadari headed for a door farther back on the left. As soon as he opened it however, a bark was sounded and suddenly a red and a blue-and-white blur raced out the doorway and headed straight for the young man! Following at a slower pace, a green calf paced forward, giving Gadari a nudge before approaching Dirrim. The creature stopped short a few feet away and didn't get any closer. The other two, however, had barked and screeched their way to trying to topple the young man over onto the floor! Gadari gave a hearty laugh and moved back over where Dirrim was to explain the three creatures who were in front (or trying to be on top) of him.

"This one here " -- laying a hand on the green calf's horned head -- "is Acafia, the Thorn Bud pokemon. She's the grass type starter. That furball of joy is Crocoal, the Burn Cub pokemon. He's fiery one, is he?" The Crocoal gave a yip, and then disentangled himself from the other pokemon and came to sit on Gardari's side opposite from the Acafia. "The flighty bird who likes to make noise and flap her wings is Spraylet, the Seaspray pokemon. I'm sure you can guess which type she is." The avian gave a final squawk, but quieted down a little bit and quit waving her wings everywhere.

"Now, you're Dirrim Neihart, correct? You came over from Denath, if I have my information correct. I'm sure all of this is a little bit unnecessary, but you can go ahead and make your choice -- or spend more time with all of them if you so choose." Gadari could see that the young man was probably a little nervous, but excited as well. Dirrim could take his time -- all that he needed. "They are all my bundles of joy, but it makes me even happier to witness a new Trainer and their partner begin on a journey together." Gadari found a chair and gratefully sat down, at peace simply watching the pokemon he'd bred interact with another Trainer who was about to embark on a wonderful experience with one of them.

OOC: I'd like to ask, since you put "unknown" for your Rival, what you would like us to do. Create a Rival for Dirrim on the spot? Or something else? Do you have any ideas or characteristics that you would like us to run along with? : ) Just let us know.

RE: Now It Begins - DarkUmbreon - 10-05-2017

Dirrim chuckles softly as he heard the muffled movements and the "ow!" that proceeded but wasn't surprised when the door opened and Gadari answered the door. He had seen Gadari in articles and on T.V. but actually seeing him in person was like being a kid on Christmas morning. He smiled as he kept his inner kid in check.

"Thank you." Dirrim said as he was invited into the house/lab. Dirrim followed him around various tables that were piled with papers, which Dirrim gathered were field notes and other research documents. As he was looking at some papers he heard a doorknob being turned and a bark come soon after. He lifted his head in-time to see a blur of blue-and-white and red come racing out of the doorway and another Pokemon, albeit at a slower pace, also emerged from the room. But in a split second Dirrim slid his right foot back and turned his foot just in time to catch two Pokemon in the chest and not fall over as they barked and screeched in excitement.

As Gadari introduced the starting Pokemon to Dirrim they seemed to calm down and line up with each other. "Yes. I came from Denath." Dirrim looked at the Pokemon and walked up to them, kneeling in front of each one. "Nice to meet you Acafia." Dirrim said reaching out a hand confidently and petted the side of her head. He moved on to the second one. "Hello Crocoal." He said as he scratch him behind his left ear. Moving onto the third he smiled. "And you are Seaspray." Dirrim said scratching gently on the side of her neck.

He looked at all 3 and smiled. "This is really hard and all of you will be great Pokemon hopefully with trainers that will love you. But the one I choose is...you Seaspray." Seaspray screeched and flapped her wings as she jumped into his chest again. Dirrim laughed and lost his balance falling onto his back while Seaspray nuzzled his neck. He sat up and looked her in the eyes. "Now time to name you." Everything got mysteriously quite as the two lock eyes with each other. As they stared into one another there was a female voice in his head that caught him off guard. "Mistbeak?" He asked and Seaspray jumped up and down screeching. "Then Mistbeak it is."

As he stood up holding Mistbeak he turned to Gadari and smiled. "Thank you for this opportunity and for my starting Pokemon Mistbeak." As he stood there he heard a voice from behind him.

OOC: Seeing as how my character came here by himself I would like it if you could pick my rival so that way I can better roleplay as both of us will be surprised at who he/she is. Thank you

RE: Now It Begins - Kaelyn - 10-06-2017

"Wonderful and you are very welcome, Dirrim. It brings me great joy to see such a bonding right off; you seemed to know exactly which pokemon you wanted to choose, and it seems like she wanted to choose you as well. " Gadari chuckled as the newly named Mistbeak started up her screeching again, very much enjoying the company of her new Trainer and partner. "Now, let me just go over here and get --" Gadari began to lift himself from his chair, but then promptly sat back down. The front door behind Dirrim suddenly swung open and shut, and a voice sounded out, one quite unfamiliar to Dirrim, but seemly very much the opposite for Gadari.

"He-he-heey! I'm sorry, Master Gadari! I'm late! I know I'm late! I wasn't trying to be! Can I still get a pokemon?" The voice huffed and puffed, and when Dirrim turned around to see who had barged in, he found himself staring at a figure bent over with their hands on their knees and trying to drag enough air back into their lungs. Whoever they were wore a long pair of white shorts and a somewhat fancy looking (maybe frilly?) blue and green shirt. Short, brownish-red hair was cropped close to the ears. The only other identifying aspect was a necklace of some sort that dangled long from the neck.

The young man -- wait, the voice had been a little high-pitched. . . Was that a girl with a really short boy's haircut? . . . . .That's exactly what it seemed to be as the person straightened up from trying to catch their breath. It was quite clear now that the person who had interrupted was a young woman, not a young man.

"Oh, yes, Lavender. Hello." Gadari said cheerfully, not at all perturbed by her spontaneous appearance. "You told me last week you wanted to start today. Yes, well, here you go. Crocoal and Acafia are both available for you to pick."

"Oh. . Oh." She stammered, and suddenly she gave off a feeling of quite a depressed atmosphere and thinking; much less excited than she had been only mere moments ago. "I -- I had finally decided on Spraylet. .  but I guess this guy picked her as well? And since he was first. . well. ." She shrugged and stood there, and then seemed to shake herself a bit after about a minute or two. She recovered, if only a little bit. "Well, alright, then. I guess I'll . . . . pick. . uhhh. ." Her voice trailed away, and she seemed be overcome with indecision.

"Will you be coming back again in a week after you've made your next choice, Lavender?" Gadari teased lightly, a twinkle in his eyes and a broad smile on his face.

"No! No -- I--!" She closed her eyes for a moment, and then blurted out, "I'll take -- Acafia! Grass beats water, right?"

"Indeed it could." Gadari agreed, finally shuffling from his chair to a desk that had large drawers in it. "Now, before I forget, each of you should get these and find a good place to keep them. They'll be very helpful as you start and continue your journey." That joy was back in his tone and he shuffled with just a bit more excitement, depositing several items in both Trainers' arms. "As well, how about that little thing that most Trainers like to do before they set off? I have a marked out field out back that you two could use."

"Oh, oh!" Lavender interjected, a light shining in her eyes again. "A rival battle! Haha!" She seemed pretty happy now that the big decision was over and done with and she didn't have to worry about it anymore. She turned to Dirrim. "How about it? I guess that makes you my Rival." She flashed a big smile in his direction before skipping off toward a door that Gadari was heading toward. The old man explained some things on the way out the door and to the field.

"Now, you can, of course, have a Traditional battle with the pokemon you just received. Or, you can try your hand at using some of my old partners and their teammates. Go ahead and make your decision." Lavender frowned suddenly, her shoulders slumped forward and her face became pale. She looked to Dirrim, hoping he would make the decision for her.

OOC: I hope this is acceptable, and, as I am unaware if you have made the decision or not, you may choose between having a Traditional battle or a Rental battle. Please see the thread about the Rival battle for any information you may need and just let us know. : ) Also, just for reference, the items handed to Dirrim were starter items such as you already have in your profile; pokeballs, pokedex, oran berry, etc.

RE: Now It Begins - DarkUmbreon - 10-06-2017

Dirrim turned and saw someone walk in. But as this new person spoke it caught him a little off guard. From the look it seemed like this person was a boy but the voice portrayed something different. This person was a girl. He watched as Gadari offered one of the remaining two Pokemon available and once he heard that she had originally decided on Mistbeak as her starter Dirrim smiled a little and lightly stroked the feathers on her wing which made her purr.

Then he heard her blurt out something that stirred something in him. 'I'll take -- Acafia! Grass beats water, right?' Was she serious...was that the only reason she was going to pick Acafia? Because it was supposedly had the type advantage over Mistbeak. There was a little anger inside him and Mistbeak seemed to have sensed it as she nuzzled under his chin. As she did this it completely washed away what he was feeling and he looked down at Mistbeak and smiled to her.

At the mention of a rival battle and the look on Lavender's face Dirrim knew that she wanted..or maybe needed him to make the decision. He looked at Mistbeak again and then at Gadari. "We'll have a Traditional battle. What better way to bond with our Pokemon then using them."

"Traditional battle it is then." Gadari said walking towards the door. "If you'll follow me well commence with the match."

Dirrim looked at Lavender and saw that some color had returned to her face but there was still a sense of...fear? Maybe it was nerves or uncertanity. But all he knew was that things like that in a battle could mean the difference between winning or losing. So he followed Gadari outside to the marked out battle field and Dirrim stood in one square and watched as Lavender got in the other.

"Let's give it our best Mistbeak." Dirrim said as Mistbeak chirped happily and jumped out his arms, walking onto the field.

Lavender pulled her Pokeball and looked at it for a few seconds. "Let's do this." And she threw the Pokeball containing Acafia.

Gadari stood mid-field on the sideline and looked at both trainers. "The Pokemon battle will now begin. This is a one-on-one battle. Dirrim has chosen Mistbeak and Lavender has chosen Acafia. No time limit. Let the battle begin."

"Let's start this out strong. Mistbeak use Tackle."

OOC: Mistbeak used Tackle

RE: Now It Begins - Kaelyn - 10-11-2017

OOC: Many apologies for the wait you've endured. .

With the Traditional battle set up and underway, Gadari sat on the sidelines to watch while one of his aides who worked outside took his place and refereed the battle instead. Both starter pokemon were released and seemingly ready to go; the only one out of the bunch who didn't seem so was Lavender. Even though she initially seemed overjoyed at having a real "Rival" battle, she didn't look too comfortable having to call the shots. As Mistbeak charged at the green calf and bowled him over, Lavender gave a squeak and looked frantically between the bovine, Dirrim, and Gadari -- each in turn before starting the cycle over again.

"Oh.. what should I do, what should I do? I don't know. . ." She whined breathlessly. The Thorn Bud pokemon mooed at her several times as he got up from the ground and shook his head in the Spraylet's direction. Lavender's face immediately brightened up and she nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, yes, okay! Let's do that!" She pointed a finger in Mistbeak's general direction and off the Acafia went, giving the white and blue avian a Tackle of his own.

Mistbeak used Tackle! (-5 HP)
Acafia used Tackle! (-5 HP)

[5] [sp=f] [sp=spraylet] 19/24 [Torrent]
[5] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 20/25 [Overgrow]

RE: Now It Begins - DarkUmbreon - 10-11-2017

Dirrim watched as Mistbeak tackled Acafia. He felt joy and pride swell up in him for Mistbeak. But then something caught his attention...Lavender's hesitation. But then after a few moments he a small change and then watched as Mistbeak was tackled.

"You alright Mistbeak?" He asked. Mistbeak popped up and flapped her wings, looking at him and chattered softly. "That's my girl." He looked at Lavender. "Lavender! Loosen up! If you're tense and not sure of yourself it will show and your Acafia will exhibit your emotions too. Exude confidence and so will Acafia! Now Mistbeak use your Leer attack."

OOC: Mistbeak used Leer. No problem on the waiting.

RE: Now It Begins - Kaelyn - 10-16-2017

"Huh?" Lavender said unintelligibly. "I don't. . understand. Well, maybe a little, but not very much." She scuffed the toe of her shoe up in the dirt while she moved it around in little circles. Giving some encouragement from the sidelines, Gadari explained first each of Acafia's attacks, and then explained what they did. Lavender nodded hesitantly and called out for the move Growl. It was the other attack the Acafia had, and Dirrim was using the same type of thing, right?

"I didn't think a battle would be this difficult. . ." Lavender said, her voice trailing off into nothing. It seemed as though the girl hadn't had very much experience dealing with pokemon herself, nor the confidence to do so. Even though she seemed to be about Dirrim's age, her inexperience and low maturity level clearly showed. But perhaps that was why she was starting out now? To gain that confidence and experience; it must have been a very difficult decision to start the whole process (or maybe her parents just wanted her to grow up and get out of the house).

On the field, both pokemon gave their version of a stat reducing attack, neither moving from their present locations. Mistbeak glared silently at the Thorn Bud pokemon, making the green calf shrink away. In response -- and hoping it would make the bird cease her stare -- the Acafia gave a cute mooing Growl. Mistbeak broke eye contact and abashedly looked at the ground, chirping quietly.

Mistbeak used Leer! Acafia's Defense was lowered.
Acafia used Growl! Mistbeak's Attack fell.

[5] [sp=f] [sp=spraylet] 19/24 [Torrent] (-1 Atk)
[5] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 20/25 [Overgrow] (-1 Def)

RE: Now It Begins - DarkUmbreon - 10-17-2017

Dirrim saw how his speech worked a little...but there was something else going on in Lavender's mind. He wasn't sure what it was but he was going to break her of it so she could become a better trainer.

He heard Lavender call out a growl and Acafia responded to her command. He saw that it had broken Mistbeak's concentration but the damage had already been done. "Good job, Mistbeak. You're doing good." Dirrim said happily. Mistbeak quickly looked back at him, chirped, and then turned back showing the same flame of determination that her trainer had.

Dirrim looked across at his opponent again. Her demeanor hadn't changed since she had first walked into Gadari's. He wasn't sure if this was how she always was or if there was something deeper, but he was going to help break her out of whatever it was.

"Lavender!" He called out and saw her lift her head, briefly making eye contact with him then breaking it. "Listen to me. Just have fun. That's one of the joys of starting your pokémon journey. Times might be tough and you may want to give up...but if you have fun and care for your pokémon...you'll show everyone who you truly are." He saw her look up at him and he smiled at her. "Now Mistbeak use another Leer."

OOC: Mistbeak used Leer.