Pokémon Turquoise
Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Printable Version

+- Pokémon Turquoise (http://pokemonturquoise.com)
+-- Forum: Info Center (http://pokemonturquoise.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Turquoise Articles (http://pokemonturquoise.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays (/showthread.php?tid=1302)

Pages: 1 2

Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 12-28-2015

[Image: TA8_zps0d13ef84.png]

The Ho Ho Holidays
by: Taav

Hello all!

With Christmas done and over with and the New Year quickly approaching, it's time for some holiday-themed events. We've been working on some refreshing new events to kick off the Holiday season here at Turquoise (albeit a little later than usual). Anyway, we're excited to share what we've been working on all month, and we hope you participate!

[Image: Seperator_zps50e51794.png]

How the Ostento Stole Christmas
by: Eonrider

Ah, Christmas. A time of goodwill and good cheer worldwide. Alas, all is not well in Szlazan City this holiday season. In a very Grinch-like manner, the Christmas presents of all the good boys, girls and other folk have vanished overnight! Get together with a group of friends to try apprehend the culprit, or attempt a solo investigation. Successfully get back the presents, and maybe you'll get a gift of your own.

Quote:
How the Ostento Stole Christmas

Rating: Medium
Number of Players: Any
Requirements: None
Rewards: 1 Red, Blue, or Green Mystery Box, [sp=snohberry]
Objective: Get back the stolen Christmas presents from the Ostento and its gang of Curlsa and Coiffaire.

On Christmas Eve in Szlazan City, all the children went to sleep with stacks of wrapped presents under their Christmas trees, eagerly awaiting the following morning when they could tear them open with zeal and enjoy the toys, games and sweets hidden inside.  Imagine their horror when they awoke and discovered that each and every present in their homes had been spirited away overnight!

The police are having trouble finding the culprit, and are asking goodhearted Trainers to help with the investigation.  They say that witnesses noticed an unusual amount of Curlsa and Coiffaire roaming the streets on Christmas Eve, and suspect that they may be under the command of a wily Ostento leader, a species of Pokemon known for its habit of stealing and hoarding trinkets.  Please, kind Trainers!  Help get those presents back where they belong!

Some of you may remember last year Gadari gave out presents to New Logora's Trainers.  He planned to this year as well, but it looks like the Ostento got to them first.  Get them back, and he'll be sure to provide you with a coloured box of your choice once more.

Mystery Boxes Wrote:Red Mystery Box: Battle Box

For the aspiring master trainer there's nothing better than grabbing some extra items to pump up your pokémon and give them the edge in battle. Pick up one of these if you're looking for power above all!

Blue Mystery Box: Capture Box

If catching's your game, the Capture Box is the one for you! It's packed with goodies to help you nab that rare pokémon you've been trying to track down.

Green Mystery Box: Berry Box

Berries have uses both in and out of battle, and they're great for pumping up your pokémon, grooming them for contests--or just selling if you want to score a bit of quick cash. If you're looking for an offbeat surprise, give this a box a try!

You may start the IRP at any time starting today, but don't dawdle! You must finish before January 31st at 11:59pm to claim your mystery box.

New Year's Bingo

As set forth by tradition, we will be doing some more Turquoise Bingo! I will be running two games next week: Wednesday, 12/30 at 7pm EST and Saturday, 1/2 at 7pm EST. For more details and to sign up, please refer to the bingo thread.

Super Secret Santa

Unfortunately, we could not get Santa to come back this year to battle your trainers. We believe that he was beaten so soundly last year by the rookie trainers, that even his jolly old soul couldn't take it kindly. But do not fret, because there's another Santa in town, and it's you!

'Tis the season to not only receive, but give as well! Introducing the Super Secret Santa, where you get to do both. By signing up, you will be given at random a recipient to send a gift to. The gifts, of course, will be items that your TRPG character owns. The following restrictions apply:

Restrictions Wrote:1. Gifts must range from 1000P to 1500P. You may choose to provide one expensive item or multiple cheap items that fall between this range. See shop details for item values.
2. Items that are not available in the open market, or are limited to one-per-trainer are not eligible for this exchange.
3. Money donations are acceptable, and can be combined with item gifts so long as the total net worth is within 1000-5000P
4. Players with a net worth of less than 3000P may opt to use the basic gift. This is especially for new players who may not have enough items or money to participate. The basic gift costs 300P to purchase, but gifts 1500P worth in items to your recipient. It's a holiday bargain.
5. Players may not receive items with gym badge requirements that they do not meet (e.g. Exp Share without 1 gym badge)

To participate, fill out the following form and post it in this thread by December 30th by 7pm. You will get your recipient shortly afterwords, so be prepared to have your gifts sorted out by January 2nd by midnight.

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gym Badges:[/b]
[b]Preferences:[/b] [i.e. "Battle Items", "Lots of Berries", "Money", "Surprise Me!", etc]

Conclusion

We've been working hard to keep the forums afloat, and to bring you these events. And so, we hope you enjoy them. Merry (belated) Christmas for those of you who celebrate it, Happy Holidays, and we hope to see you in 2016~

Until next time,
The Turquoise Staff

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Orchestra - 12-28-2015

I'll sign up for the Secret Santa. I don't fully understand it, but meh, it's... well, not Christmas anymore, but close enough.

Username: Orchestra
Gym Badges: 2
Preferences: Battle items will work, though a surprise is also nice~

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 09:09 AM)Orchestra Wrote: I'll sign up for the Secret Santa. I don't fully understand it, but meh, it's... well, not Christmas anymore, but close enough.

What don't you understand? If there's something that needs further clarification, please let me know!

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Orchestra - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 09:25 AM)Taav Wrote: What don't you understand? If there's something that needs further clarification, please let me know!

Just clarifying that we're giving our own gear/money for this event. I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm tired and brain dead. x.x I just don't want to make a derp.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 09:30 AM)Orchestra Wrote: Just clarifying that we're giving our own gear/money for this event. I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm tired and brain dead. x.x I just don't want to make a derp.

That is correct. You will, of course, get something from another participant, which will be similar in value to what you gave.

Sorry for the confusion!

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Kaelyn - 12-28-2015

I think I'll try the Santa thingy.... though I'm not sure if there's anything I'd like to part with......

Username: Kaelyn
Gym Badges: None! XD
Preferences: Uhh... A surprise, I guess?

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - KathiraNarae - 12-28-2015

Signing up for Secret Santa. I have so much I want to be rid of. Quick question, does the value of an item to be gifted mean the sell value or purchase value? And can the value be above 1500P if we are willing to part with an item of such value?

Username: KathiraNarae
Gym Badges: 0
Preferences: Money or healing items, for preference. Or a surprise that isn't those, berries, or battle items.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 12-29-2015

(12-28-2015, 08:33 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Signing up for Secret Santa. I have so much I want to be rid of. Quick question, does the value of an item to be gifted mean the sell value or purchase value? And can the value be above 1500P if we are willing to part with an item of such value?

Both good questions. We will be using purchase value, not sell value. Most items have their sell value listed in either the Dia City or Verserecto City Department Stores, or the Poke Mart Catalog in the Global Plaza Shops. For berries, I'll use the canon purchasing price (20P), though you're probably better off using items with a higher value anyway.

As for the second question, I'll keep the upper bound somewhat soft, but try not to go too overboard. One of the main points is to keep the gifts within a loose price range.

We still need a few more people for a successful secret santa, and there is still plenty of time to sign up for tomorrow's bingo!

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - KathiraNarae - 12-29-2015

Taavy, I think you missed Kaelyn in putting the Secret Santa players in the OP.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 12-29-2015

(Whoops, I totally did! Thanks for the catch!)

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - MrKyurem - 12-29-2015

Username: MrKyurem
Gym Badges: 0
Preferences: Your eternal soul, along with some battle items.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Kaelyn - 12-29-2015

Thanks, Kath. : ) Also, Kyurem, the only reason you'd be getting that kind of a thing (the first one) is if you are a bona-fide demon and will serve as my family's butler/whatever-you-want-to-say-as-a-caretaker for the rest of eternity. XD (Does that make you think of any particular anime? XD)

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 01-05-2016

Secret Santa gifts are in late!

Prizes have been distributed, so you should already see them in your profiles.

I know this was a little last-minute, so thanks for participating, guys!

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Orchestra - 01-05-2016

Hope everyone got something they were hoping for. :3

I think that might be a fire token, since we've only have the fire festival so far... We need to do another one some time. >.< One that I'll hopefully get to join in on.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Genji - 01-06-2016

Hope everyone had an awesome holiday season. Always sad to see it end but always excited to see what the new year will bring.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Taav - 02-01-2016

The "How the Ostento Stole Christmas" IRP deadline has been extended to Monday, February 15th. This should (hopefully) be ample time for all of us to finish up our quests.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Orchestra - 07-25-2016

Sorry for the long wait.

For those that have taken part in the Christmas IRP event and completed it, choose which of the three boxes you wish to receive.

Mystery Boxes Wrote:Red Mystery Box: Battle Box

For the aspiring master trainer there's nothing better than grabbing some extra items to pump up your pokémon and give them the edge in battle. Pick up one of these if you're looking for power above all!

Blue Mystery Box: Capture Box

If catching's your game, the Capture Box is the one for you! It's packed with goodies to help you nab that rare pokémon you've been trying to track down.

Green Mystery Box: Berry Box

Berries have uses both in and out of battle, and they're great for pumping up your pokémon, grooming them for contests--or just selling if you want to score a bit of quick cash. If you're looking for an offbeat surprise, give this a box a try!

Hey, at least the rewards weren't ignored until next Christmas, heh heh... heh...

I'll be taking a green box.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - KathiraNarae - 07-25-2016

I...really can't decide between blue and red, for some reason. CHOOSE FOR ME!

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Inquisitor - 07-26-2016

Go Blue. Though IC Kathira would probably go Red.

RE: Turquoise Articles 12/28/15: The Ho Ho Holidays - Kaelyn - 07-26-2016

Oh! Uhh... I totally forgot about that. XDD Umm.... I can't remember which one I had decided to pick..... uuuhhhhh.... I guess I'll try the green one this time?? *shrugs* x3